*AS FEATURED IN: GT MAGAZINE, GT BRIDE, GEELONG ADVERTISER, CRUSH IT MAGAZINE, EAT, STAY + PLAY FOXTEL*
Tucked away in peaceful and private bushland, our studio cabin offers stylish and relaxed accommodation in central Ocean Grove.
Sleeping two guests, the cabin includes a simple kitchenette, sitting area and ensuite bathroom. Other facilities include a shared pool, spa + tennis court.
Our bush retreat is under five mins drive from Ocean Grove's shopping strip, cafes, restaurants, wineries and beach.
Follow us on Instagram for more pics and videos; @thewoods_oceangrove.
We live on 1.6 acres of peaceful bushland in old Ocean Grove. A private driveway leads you into The Woods, where you'll find our two cedar cabins. Our home is on the other side of the block, with the swimming pool and tennis court in between.
Our first cabin is the perfect set-up for a couple. Featuring a queen-sized bed with luxurious French linen, the interior feels earthy with natural timbers, leather sofa, soft lighting and fresh botanicals from the native garden.
Prepare a cosy night in with wine and cheese; the simple kitchenette features a microwave, kettle, toaster, bar fridge and coffee machine (sink is in the bathroom). A selection of teas, coffee, milk and treats are all provided. If you would like to cook a proper meal, the outdoor kitchen has a gas BBQ and electric hot plate. (Pre-order a breakfast hamper and you'll be sorted for the morning-after.)
The ensuite bathroom is separate from the main room and is clean and bright. It's a small space but has everything you need including towels, soap and hairdryer. Guests always comment on the impressive shower head and water pressure!
The covered verandah is the closest you’ll get to a home among the gum trees. With a daybed and hanging chair, unwind here with the newspapers in the morning sun or a crisp glass of wine in the afternoon.
After a day exploring our local wineries, golf courses, shops, markets and beaches, nestle in underneath the gum trees in one of our bush cabins and really unwind. With outdoor facilities including swimming pool, spa, tennis court, pitch and putt golf green, two adult sized-bicycles, firepit and alfresco eating area, you’ll be laughing along with the kookaburras as the sun sets for another day on the Bellarine Peninsula.
All of the outdoor facilities are shared with other cabin guests and occasionally our small family. The Woods only sleeps six people in total across both cabins, so it still feels private and never crowded.
The pool and spa are part of a large, beautifully landscaped space that adjoins our own house. You should feel 100% comfortable walking across the tennis court and letting yourself in via the pool gate. Hundreds of guests have happily spent hours splashing in the pool, sunbaking on the lawn or soaking in the hot spa. We do understand that some people prefer complete privacy and this communal set-up may not suit everyone. If you are in the spa we will certainly respect your privacy and leave you to it.
The pool and spa opening hours are 10am - 6pm, unless otherwise arranged.
Unfortunately our property is not suitable for pets.
Also check out our listing for Cabin Two which can sleep four guests.
Minimum night stays may apply during January, long weekends and special holidays. Check with us first and we will try and accommodate one or two night stays wherever possible.
- Luxurious French linen and quality bedding
- Flat screen TV/DVD player
- Kitchenette with fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, crockery, tea, coffee and milk, coffee machine
- Ensuite bathroom with towels, soap and hairdryer
- Indoor sitting area and covered outdoor verandah to chat, eat, read and relax
- Coathangers, hooks and full length mirror
- Free Wi-Fi
- On-site parking
- Laundry with washing machine, clothesline, ironing board and iron
- Outdoor kitchen with BBQ, crockery and utensils, table and chairs, sink and fridge
- Solar heated swimming pool and gas heated spa
- Tennis court with racquets and balls provided
- Pitch and putt golf green with clubs and balls provided
- Outdoor fire-pit - wood and marshmellows provided
- Two adult-sized bikes - helmets and bike locks provided
- Beach essentials - umbrella, spare towels, kids toys, yoga mats
CONDITIONS AND CANCELLATIONS
Deposits for The Woods will be refunded in full for bookings cancelled with more than 30 days’ notice. Half of the deposit will be refunded for bookings cancelled with at least 21 days’ notice. Less than 21 days’ notice will result in the full booking amount being charged, unless we can re-book the cabin at short notice.
The Woods is a private and peaceful spot for guests only. Outside visitors are welcome by arrangement only.
Costs for damage other than minor breakages will be passed on to the guest.
Please respect our neighbours and wildlife. Unfortunately The Woods is not suitable for pets.
No smoking inside the cabins and butts to be disposed of thoughtfully.
A one-off cleaning fee of $35 applies to all bookings.
Ocean Grove is small enough to spot roadside stalls selling giant homegrown zucchinis, fresh flowers and buckets of lemons, but there’s enough going on that you won’t have to search far from our Ocean Grove bush cabins for things to do!
TOP FIVE IN FIVE MINUTES
1. Beachy days. Roll out the towel for a day of sun and sand at Ocean Grove Main Beach. Catch some waves or book a surf lesson, ramble through the rockpools and grab a coffee from the kiosk.
2. Organise a driver and loosen a notch on your belt. Traipse through the Bellarine’s top wineries and drinking holes such as Oakdene Vineyard, Flying Brick Cider House, Curlewis Winery, Jack Rabbit and The Whiskery, Bellarine’s gin and whisky distillery.
3. Spend your pocket money. Hit the huge array of shops in The Terrace and beyond, including the popular Pattison’s Jewellers, the Green Room surf shop and Stone & Grain homewares. A must-visit is the eclectic warehouse Kyo, with imported furniture and goods from Asia, India and beyond. The main street of Barwon Heads has fantastic homewares and women’s clothing.
4. Get active. Paraglide over the sea off the Ocean Grove lookout, bushwalk through the nature reserve, cycle or scoot along the Barwon River track, take a boxing or yoga class on the foreshore. Contact Dune Folk for private or studio yoga classes.
5. Family fun. Thrill the kids at Adventure Park, Victoria’s biggest theme park; get tricked up at Ocean Grove skate park, feed the ducks at Blue Waters Lake or brave the BMX track at Ocean Grove Nature Reserve.
TOP 10 WITHIN 15 MINUTES
1. Our patch is spoiled for choice with highly ranked golf courses at 13th Beach, Barwon Heads, Curlewis and Swan Bay in Queenscliff. The Range @ Curlewis is a state-of-the-art driving range, great for all ages, undercover and open until late. They also have mini-golf, a bar and serve meals.
2. Wander the vines and fill containers of berries at Wallington Strawberry Farm or pick your own produce from Lomas Orchards.
3. Head to the flat and sparkling Barwon River for stand-up paddle boarding, yoga, fishing, jet skis or the Bluff walk. Check out Paddle Life Barwon Heads for equipment hire.
4. The Bellarine Rail Trail is a must-do for cycle enthusiasts or a family day out. Start on Banks Rd in Ocean Grove and ride parallel to the train track, past paddocks, rivers and wineries finishing in Queenscliff for lunch or an ice-cream. It’s mostly flat and is about 3 hours return.
5. Weekend farmer’s markets are dotted along the coastal towns, a treasure trove of artistic wares, fresh produce, coffee and treats.
• Ocean Grove – Third Saturday of the month
• Barwon Heads – Last Saturday of the month, Feb-Nov (every Sat in Dec-March)
• Queenscliff – Last Sunday of the month, Sep-May
• Point Lonsdale – Second Sunday of the month
6. Catch a gig at the Barwon Heads Hotel, Piping Hot Chicken Shop (also an institution for chips and gravy!) or Friday night/Sunday afternoon tunes At The Heads.
7. The historical town of Queenscliff is home to an old fort, the Sorrento ferry, antique markets, art galleries, fishing charters and tourist steam train.
8. Don the apron for a cooking class at Terindah Estate, Annie’s Provedore or Hanoi Kitchen.
9. For a heart racing adventure, take a scenic flight or skydive from Barwon Heads airport.
10. Join a Sunday morning tour of Point Lonsdale lighthouse, one of the very few manned lighthouses left in Australia.