This two-bedroom house is charming and cozy. Ideal for up to four persons, with two queen beds, complete kitchen, living, dining areas. The house sits on a large corner parcel on the river conveniently located in downtown Winthrop. Great river access for fishing, boating or just to cool off. My guests love the privacy of this house, which is curiously hidden in the heart of the town of Winthrop, WA.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay2 nights
Two bedroom, private, cozy and vintage house, right by the river.
Claudia N Webber
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 15, 2018
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Cozy little house in a great location!
The Little Yellow House was a perfect fit for two couples visiting Winthrop (OK, a second bathroom would really be perfect!) A short stroll into old town Winthrop: sights, shops, restaurants, etc
The house is homey and rustic. We loved sitting on both the front porch and the very private back deck. We viewed deer walking along the river which backs the property.
Love this Little House!
I had the best time staying in this little place. Location could not be better. No AC yet I will agree with the other reviewers in that it stays quite cool being on the river and tucked back in the shade.
The one issue I had was the deck and the little bridge leading down to the water both had loose boards. I did not want to give one less star because of it, however I tripped on both a number of times and I can see it being a potential liability. Anyway, easy fix and we will be back! Thanks for the great stay.
already wrote the review waiting for case number 16750305
to be reviewed and commented on. I have talked at length with VRBO representatives
attempting to get you to acknowledge the problems we faced with the rental. As stated the place was nice, very clean. BUT AND THIS IS A BIG BUT. IT WAS LOCKED WHEN WE ARRIVED. WE FOUND A BACK DOOR OPEN, NO INSTRUCTIONS INSIDE ON WHO TO CONTACT. NEVER SAW ANYONE FOR THREE DAYS, WE LEFT AND LEFT THE PLACE UNLOCKED. DISSAPPOINTED
Cute cottage very conveniently located!
Excellent cottage right on the corner of the main drag in Winthrop. You can literally walk to all the sights in town with ease. The property was very clean, cutely appointed, and properly stocked. Note, this property does not have AC nor a dishwasher so larger groups looking to cook should plan to hand wash everything and the cottage does get warm if it’s above 75 outside. The yard overlooks the Chewuch river and has a comfortable deck and wrap-around porch to enjoy. Some of the furniture was a bit rickety so keep an eye on children. The BBQ needs updating, but all in all, this was a great location to stay. The owners are very kind and responsive.
Gem in Winthrop.
Great place to stay in Winthrop, in town but also very secluded. Tons of privacy in the back.
Great Location, nice property, a few more amenities needed
What you are paying for here is a fantastic location in town, and a lovely property. Claudia and her husband were very friendly, helpful and prompt with responses, and I was impressed they showed up to ensure we made it inside after a minor snafu with finding the key (in a side door versus the lockbox).
A few more amenities and more detailed cleaning would have increased my rating.
- A bottle opener would be nice for beer and wine.
- I would have loved more than one roll of toilet paper for our three night stay, we ran short and had to use paper towels, throwing them away in outside trash.
- There were old coffee grounds starting to mold in the coffee maker, and then I found there were only cone filters available for the flat bottom drip basket style.
- Plugging in my phone cord I had to clear out the cobwebs in front of the outlets, so while the house was generally clean with clean linens, a lot of dust build up and old splatters.
- They luckily had ceiling fans, although the floor fan did not function.
- The oven did not function, which was a bummer after we returned home too late one evening to go out to dinner and picked up a frozen pizza. We decided to grill the pizza outside which made it edible, though not great, but the BBQ was quite dirty with large chunks of old meat and fish, we had to clean it before using it.
Again, friendly and prompt service and a great location! We loved drinking our coffee out on the deck overlooking the river! We even had deer on the lawn each morning!
Everything else is fixable and not big deals in and of themselves, but they added up over our time here to be frustrating.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Two nights minimum stay