Know before you go
This area may have travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
Close to city center, cultural activities, hiking, nearby attractions
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 8
- 1. No smoking inside the house/apartment. Smoking is allowed on outside areas (balconies, terraces, etc.) 2. Pets are permitted only by special agreement. 3. Quiet time: Please observe quiet time between 10:00pm to 8:00am. 4. All bed linens, bath towels, cooking and eating utensils provided free. Toiletries (soap and toilet paper) are provided for the first day. 5. No daily cleaning service is included in the rental rate. Cleaning, clean linens and towels, and onsite laundry service is available for an additional fee. 6. Services. Electricity and gas for cooking and boiler for hot water is included in the rental fee. Potable water for dispenser and gas tank for heating can be provided for a small additional fee. 7. Illegal activity is strictly prohibited. Any observation of illegal activity will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of all deposits and rental fees paid. 8. Written Exception – Any exceptions to the above policies must be approved in writing in advance.
Hosted by Christel KristensenAsk a question
About Christel Kristensen
Villa Macondo´s owners, Christel and José Manuel are a Danish-Mexican couple and have a great deal of knowledge about the area. You'll find out where to go, what to do, and what not to miss while you're here. Visitors from all over the world come to the cultural city of Guanajuato, Mexico, so you never know what kind of fascinating people you'll meet!
Christel Kristensen purchased this house in 2016
What makes this house unique
You've no doubt seen the colorful houses dotting the hills of this city, and you'll appreciate that our apartments are located at the bottom of the hill. You can still enjoy views of the city without huffing and puffing your way home every evening. The house is located in down town Guanajuato on the Paseo de la Presa de la Olla. The Presa de la Olla neighborhood is very nice and an upcoming/trendy destination. It is way calmer than the city center yet well communicated to the airport, the center and the main city attractions. Paseo de la Presa is lined with beautiful old villas from the 19th century Mexican built by the wealthy families of the time, buildings that are now part of the heritage of the State Government, including the Palacio del Gobierno. The area is very safe and known for its tranquil atmosphere and dedication to Guanajuato’s historical heritage. Just around the corner from the apartment you will find the cultural center, Casa de la Presa, in a beautiful remodeled old art nouveau villa, where you can enjoy art exhibitions, reasonably priced Spa services, yoga, art and meditation classes. Other conveniences include being just a 10-minute walk to parks and La Presa dam, where families congregate on weekends to enjoy the outdoor restaurants and paddle boats. Every morning you can enjoy the best coffee in town just across the street in Café Tal and you buy freshly squeezed orange juice at the corner tienda and enjoy it on your private terrace as you listen to the birds sing. If you like to hike, you can walk directly up the street to la Panoramica, which circles the city and then hike the hills just above, including the cross at the top of La Bufa. From there, you'll have a breathtaking view of the city and the entire valley. You'll appreciate the close proximity of the house to the historic center during the day but the quiet solitude of being away from the hectic and noisy streets as you drift off to sleep at night.
- english, spanish, italian, swedish, danish, norwegian