Upper Missouri River Breaks Cabin: 3 Rivers, 6365 Acres, L&C History, Hunt/Fish(4 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
2 Bedrooms, 1 Full Bathroom (Toilet, Sink, Shower), Sleeps 6
Cabin on 365 acres, PLUS contiguous additional 6000 BLM acres, walking distance to 3 rivers, 'Upper Missouri River Breaks National Monument', & official Lewis & Clark historical site. And, 10 min from Fort Benton, official MT birthplace.
DIRECTIONS: Great access. Cabin is 50 Mins From Great Falls Int. Airport. Paved road + 1/2 mile excellent county dirt road.
LODGING: 2 queen sized beds, living room sofa, & cot. Additional cots/beds as requested.
FOOD: Oven, Microwave, Mini-fridge, Grill at cabin. Ma's Cafe only 1.5 mi's away - great food! World-class Grand Union restaurant in Fort Benton.
GAME: Cool Storage available upon request.
HEAT: Comfortable propane-driven fire place & hotwater heater.
POWER: OFF-GRID - reliable 3000 ampere gasoline generator (initial fill-up provided; nearest gas station: 1.5 mi fm cabin). Lights in every room. Comfortable.
COMMS: Verizon best for phone service & internet (w aircard). TracFone excellent.
Authentic Montana Experience: Most people think of Montana as snow-capped peaks and blue-ribbon trout streams. Yet most of Montana is a combination of smaller yet equally rugged mountains, prairie & badlands, & warmer rivers - with trophy fish & game.
This cabin, home to pheasant, hawks, eagles, several species of fish, mule and whitetail deer, & the occasional moose, elk, & grizzly which follow the Teton River down from the Bob Marshall, is the best symbol of this other, larger Montana. And the people in the area are down-to-earth, hard working, helpful and friendly. This is where Lewis & Clark camped, confused which river was the mighty Missouri - there are 3 rivers. The Teton River, made famous through the writings of A.B. Guthrie, a Pulitzer Prize winner, runs for a mile through the property. And two other rivers, including the mighty Missouri, are within 2 miles of the cabin.
What To Do - If You Don't Hunt: Recommendations:
1) Fish 3 rivers in one day without setting foot in a car. Pull out a Sturgeon in the Teton River, a Walleye in the Marias River, & a Paddlefish out of the Missouri.
2) Hike or mountain bike to the top of the property. Watch 3 rivers run, simultaneously. The mtns to the east are the Bears Paw, home to 3 Indian tribes.
3) Bring/rent a canoe, raft, or motor boat. If it is early-to-mid summer, put in at the Teton River 100 yards from the cabin, float to the Marias 1/2 mile away, keep going to the Missouri, another 1.5 miles away. (Be sure to wear a life vest.) Drop anchor in each river. If it is late summer, start at the Marias.
4) Take a drive to Virgile Ferry. Cross the Missouri as the local ranchers and farmers have done for a century.
5) Have a meal at Ft. Benton's elegant Grand Union, arguably finest in the Northwest.
6) Take the binoculars and bird watch: pheasant, turkeys, pelicans, osprey, eagles, hawks, owls, and others that nest in the cliffs.
Member since: 2011
- 1100 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- 1) This is an off-grid Montana cabin in some of the most beautiful, rugged country on earth. Please be mindful of the power that you are consuming. The generator will require a gasoline refill (extra gas located beside generator) after about 15 hours. Suggested practice: run generator from early evening to mid-morning, then secure via remote ON/Off switch. 2) The cabin is heated via a propane fireplace. Propane also heats water. 3) Please respect the land and surrounding community of ranchers, farmers, & craftsmen. Hunt & fish according to Montana regulations and with an sense of ethics. 4) Verizon is the best carrier for phone & internet (for internet you will need a Verizon USB aircar). A TracFone is also excellent for phone service and can be purchased relatively cheaply in Great Falls. Adequate AT&T mobile phone service & library with DSL internet in Fort Benton, 10 min away...moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Mountain View
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 6 people
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Bottled Water
- Filtered Water
- Gas Heating
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Paper Towels
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Water Cooler
- Water Tank
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Mini Refrigerator
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Outdoor Grill
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Cleaning $85 + tax
- Tax Rate 4%
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Hunting-Fishing-Get-a-Way Cabin on 365 acres + 6000 BLM acres with excellent access, 1 mile of river frontage, neighbor to 2 other rivers. Off-grid cabin, sleeps 8, is highly private yet only 50 MINUTES FROM GREAT FALLS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.
-Loma: 1.5 miles, pop 150, with great cafe, gas for car, key Lewis & Clark historical site, rare meeting place of 3 rivers.
-Fort Benton, 11 miles, pop 2500, official birthplace of Montana.
-Great Falls, 60 miles, pop 75,000.
-Rocky Boy Indian Reservation (Cree Tribe), 50 miles, powwow & rodeo.
The land consist of treed river bottom with the Teton River meandering through property for 1 mile, teeming with WHITETAIL DEER; & plateau & badlands, teeming with MULE DEER, with vistas of 3 major rivers (Upper Missouri River 2 miles away, Marias River 1/2 mile away, & Teton River) & 2 mountain ranges (Bears Paw & Highwood Mtns). The BLM acreage is mostly prairie & badlands, some river bottom.
About the owner: Military veteran (former nuclear submarine officer commissioned out of U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD). Post-military, obtained MBA from London Business School & has worked in Oil/Gas & Hedge Funds. Owns an operating cattle ranch near the Rocky Mountain Eastern Front and river-side property in Western Montana near Missoula. But the property at Fort Benton/Loma, MT is his favorite and is the perfect antidote, buttressed by 3 rivers and virgin countryside, for those who want a break from their demanding schedules. He hopes you enjoy the property as much as he has and does.
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Pic Taken from Middle of Property, Overlooking River Bottom Half
Teton River, w Walleye, Sturgeon, & Catfish, on Property during Late Summer.
Front door, set of antlers found by guests walking on property.
Comfy bunk beds.
Queen-sized Bed in BR #1.
Kitchenette - stove, sink, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, utensils/plates
We are offgrid.Easy to operate generator, just pull.Help only mins away, if req.
Summer Hay Harvest on Property
Hunter on Property along Teton River
Pic Taken from Middle of Property, Fall
Sunset on Marias River, 1/2 Mile From Property, w Teton River Entering at Left
On property, 1/4 mile to cabin.
The cabin, after haying.
Cozy livingroom - fireplace, sofa (1 of 2), good movie.
Queen-sized bed in BR #2.
Shower, toilet, sink.
Email your family, post pics, or write a book, with a view.
Cabin in Background, 100 yards away.
Not just treed river bottoms, but rugged hills - view 3 rivers at top at once.
Teton River During Late Summer. Dogs ok except during hunting season.
Horses on Bordering 6160 BLM Acres.
Missouri River, 2 Miles From Cabin, Record-sized Fish
If you'd also like proximity to the Rockies, they are only 80 mins away.
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.