This 100 year old renovated farmhouse has charm that will make you smile. Only 10 minutes to Asheville, it offers peace, warmness, and relaxation. Everyone who visits comments on the enchanting feel of this unique artists retreat.
The open floor plan, vaulted ceilings, skylights, unique boulder landscaping, and comfy beds create a happy oasis minutes away from Asheville fun. Inside, enjoy 2 comfortable bedroom suites with their own bathrooms, a spacious kitchen, and an open living room with a dining room. Outside, warm yourself at the fire pit, relax on the back deck or front porch, or feed the resident goats and chickens if you wish. Enjoy the unique large boulders in the landscape, and the artwork in the interior of this true Arts and Crafts gem.
There is a 32" TV in the living room with surround sound and Dish Network. If you have kids, or like video games, there are tons of board games and there is an old vintage Atari. Play the original Pac Man. Goats, Chickens, and much fun is that?
Coffee, tea, towels, and sheets are all provided.
Location is one thing the house gets a lot of compliments on. The house is perfectly nestled between Asheville and Black Mountain, a $10 Uber ride to either. And there are amenities like grocery stores, restaurants, bars, music venues, and hiking in Swannanoa itself if you do not feel like going anywhere. There are no windy or steep roads to drive on either. With the goats, chickens, and next door neighbor horses and donkeys, you have a perfect country/city balance.
There is a mini farm in the back yard with two goats and two chickens. They are very friendly and sweet. Most people actually say that the goats are the highlight of their stay! The goats names are Chloe and Willis. The chickens names are Holdout and Cluck Norris. If you would like to feed the goats, which everyone does, it is really easy. It is like feeding a dog. I will send feeding instructions upon check in. If you do not wish to feed them, I can come over every morning and night around the side of the house and feed them myself. You can feed them leftovers and so forth as well. They love nuts and berries. Really just about anything.
The whole house is yours.....
Both bedrooms have comfortable queen beds and jacuzzi tubs in both bathrooms. Large kitchen with stainless steel appliances and washer and dryer. Large open great room and dining area. The only area not accessible is loft area in the pictures. It is a private storage area, sorry.
No one lives in the house when it is not rented, so all drawers and closets are empty and ready for you to feel as if you lived there year round.
I live in a tiny house on the property. I respect your privacy and will not come over unless you need something or have a question. In fact, I rarely even meet my guests. There is self check-in and self check-out. I am happy to be available anytime for questions and needs that may arise.
No windy, steep roads to go down to get here! Located on a dead end street in the beautiful, historic Swannanoa Valley, the home is less than 10 minutes to Asheville, 10 minutes to Black Mountain, 2 minutes to the hiking trails at Warren Wilson College, and 3 minutes to the hiking trails of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Local Uber drivers know the house well.
Please treat the house as you would that of a close friend or family member. I would like to find the house very close to the condition in which I left it.
1) The house is 100 years old. It has terra cotta pipes that clog if you put the wrong things down the drain pipes. Please be easy on the toilet paper and do not flush anything else.
2) Please go into the goat pen just to feed and water the goats, and children must be accompanied by an adult. Every time you go in and out, MAKE SURE the latch is secure on the gate behind you. No dogs are allowed in the goat pen, no matter how sweet the dog is. Goats are extremely afraid of dogs, and dogs think they are playing when they run and it can terrorize the goats and it could end up bad. It is best to feed the goats treats over the fence from the deck. They love fruit and nuts and basically anything. The dark brown one is Chloe, and the lighter brown one is Willis.
3) The loft up above is off limits. It is a private storage space.
4) No smoking in the house at all. Please use provided ashtrays outside.
5) No fires in the fireplace. The 100 year old mortar joints are unsafe. Please use the fire pit outside. And after your fire outside ALWAYS take the hose and spray it down before you go to bed or leave the house. The hose is located on the right side of the front porch as you face the house and it stretches over to the fire pit.
6) If you have a dog, please please pick up behind them outside, do not allow them to sleep on the beds, and before checkout sweep up or vacuum any and all dog hair that has accumulated in the house.
7) No throwing glitter all over the place.