Two single mattresses are also available to put down on the floor if required. A portacot is located under the bureau for infant use.
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - The deck does not have a safety barrier. The deck does not have a safety barrier.
Pets allowed - Certain conditions applyCertain conditions apply
Max guests: 6
Minimum age of primary renter:
- This property is let on a self-clean basis. Please leave it as clean or cleaner than when you arrived.
- Please leave all gates as you found them. (Shut if shut and open if open)
- If you are unwell immediately prior to your stay, it’s best that you recover at home. Please message us so we can try to arrange a full refund for you
Don't pay for your booking outside our website or app.
About Sarah Kennedy
We love animals and the outdoors. We spent many years camping on this property in a tent and cooking over a campfire when our children were small. Later, when we came more often, we stayed in a caravan, but still did most of our cooking over a campfire. A swim in the Clutha was our 'bath' and our children learned to catch or forage for food, such as trout, rabbits, mushrooms and pip and stone fruit. We renovated this bach as a family project from 2013 and it was finally relocated from Edendale in early 2016. Although it is basic, it has everything you actually need in life, and still feels like luxury to us.
Why Sarah Kennedy chose Central Otago District
Set on a knob overlooking an orchard with over 6 ha to roam over and mingle with the quietly grazing farm animals. Exclusive access to one of the few swim and fishing-accessible areas of this section of the Clutha River. Being off-grid offers a low impact experience without having to go without the necessary home comforts, such as basic cooking, hot shower and flush loo.
What makes this Cottage unique
Orchard setting, off-grid, privacy and space to roam, dog friendly.