The first time we saw Orion's Crossing, we fell in love with it. The cabin has three bedrooms and three full bathrooms. It is like the cabin has three master bedrooms. There are two living areas, one upstairs and a separate mini bonus room downstairs complete with board games, a poker table and an entertainment center. This is a perfect cabin for a family get away, girls weekend, or a reunion with old friends.
At a 4000 ft. elevation, Orion's Crossing offers true peace and privacy. This upscale log home lies midst the majesty of the Great Smoky Mountains. Take in breathtaking views from the spacious upper deck and the stars of the Milky Way at night. After a full day unwind in the hot tub, relax by the fireplace then slide into bed for a restful night’s sleep!!
Come on up..... THE VIEWS ARE GREAT!!!!
30 minutes to Asheville, 15 min to Cataloochee Ski Resort.
• Breathtaking views at 4000 ft. elevation
• Secluded and private location (near Maggie Valley Country Club) with easy paved access.
• Three full bedrooms and three full baths (two are master suites with private baths - one with a Roman shower)
• One king bed, two queen beds, and a daybed
• Luxurious, high thread-count bedding
• Game area -card game table, Nintendo Wii and a wide selection of board games
• Gas fireplace
• Large Outdoor Hot Tub
• Upper and lower decks with lounge chairs and rockers
•Wireless, high-speed internet (Wi-Fi)
•37” flat screen TV in living room
• TV’s in all suites and bedrooms
• Satellite cable with 100+ channels on every TV
• 2 DVD players
• DVD library
• Library stocked with books & paperback exchange featuring guidebooks of the area and local writers
• Soaring tongue and groove ceilings on the main level
• One-Car Garage with automatic opener
• Fully stocked kitchen with stainless steel appliances
Just a short drive away, you’ll discover one of many activities, including:
• 8 PGA Championship Golf Courses & Tennis
• White Water Rafting, Canoeing & Kayaking
• Hiking at Smokey Mountain National Park
• Cataloochee Ski Area
• Quaint downtown Waynesville for Shopping & Antiquing
• Asheville (also home of the Biltmore Estate)
• Fabulous Blue Ridge Parkway
• Harrah’s Casino in nearby Cherokee
• Smokey Mountain Railroad/Dinner Train
• Lake Junaluska
• Nearby Waterfall
Access: The roads are paved all of the way up to the cabin and the driveway is gravel. You will not need a 4x4 or SUV - in fact, we have driven a compact rental car up to the cabin without issue. During the winter, the roads are cleared in times of snow/ice accumulation so guests can continue to access the cabin.
Motorcycles: we have had many guests bring their motorcycles on a trailer. Some guests ride their bikes up/down the mountain, but we have heard that only experienced riders should do this because of a steep incline in the road and a tight turn. Also no motorcycle trailers are allowed up to the cabin. There is no way to turn a trailer around on the driveway. I can help you make reservations for storing your trailer in Maggie Valley at a rate of $4.00 a day.
Satellite / Cable
Video Game Console
Location Type :Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
Iron & Board
Deck / Patio
Terms and Conditions:
Long term renters are welcome. All renters of Orion's Crossing must pay with a credit card through the VRBO or Homeaway website. Renters are required to provide a copy of a photo id in order to rent. Potential renters must be a minimum of 25 years of age to qualify for the terms of our rental agreement.