Italian House in the Quaint & Friendly Pietrapaola, Minutes from the Beach(5 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Fully renovated self-catering. Relax in this comfortable and peaceful retreat
This property is an absolute delight for those seeking the charms of a quiet and peaceful setting to unwind and enjoy the warm and friendly atmosphere of village life that Pietrapaola has to offer. The holiday house has been fully renovated with modern kitchen appliances for complete self-catering, a new bathroom, and a spacious lounge and dining room. The upstairs bedroom has a queen bed with 2 extra single fold-up beds to accommodate 4 people. The house is ideally suited for short and long term rentals. The historic village and picturesque farmlands provide an ideal setting to indulge your artistic passions and enjoy the rich abundance of fresh foods and locally produced world famous Ciro wines and private vineyards. Take a short drive to Pietrapaola marina for sun bathing and a refreshing swim at the beach . For those more active, the Sila Grande national park abounds with hiking and mountain biking opportunities.
Member since: 2008
- 110 m²
- Max. occupancy 4
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Large spacious bedroom with huge built in wardrobe, dressing table, bedside tables and reading lamps. The main bed has a new queen size mattress. The 2 single beds are new quality fold down type with a thick comfortable mattress. All linen is provided. There are 2 windows on either side to alllow flow through air that rises up the valley in the afternoon in summer. The windows are double glazed and have lockable shutters. Additonal appliances include: ironing board and iron, vacuum cleaner, portable clothes airers...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The accomodation is modern and comfortable for the astute holiday maker without being cluttered. The house is secure with a key lockable front security grill. All windows have lockable double glazed panels and shutters. You are constantly reminded of the history of the location by the structure of the house and the surrounding buildings of the village. Towering over the village is a spectacular rock outcrop that defines Pietrapaola. The village is friendly, quiet and tranquil. You can set your own pace and avoid the crowds of the major tourist areas. You can travel through the ancient countryside enjoying the vistas once inhabited by the Greeks and visit the ruins of the defensive wall of Hanibal nearby that once stretched across the countryside in ancient times. The farmland produces fresh produce to cook, or the local restaurants will satisfy your appetite. For your little luxuries a supermarket is near the beach only 20 minutes drive. Pietrapaola has something for everyone....moreless
- CD Player
- Away From It All
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Parking On Street
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- 4 Ring Stove
- Cooking Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $162.07
- No additional mandatory fees
- Taxes Not included
150 Euros Security Deposit with every booking to hold availability
Bookings confirmed only when the security deposit has been received in advance and rental terms and conditions have been signed and approved. Funds Transfer fees are at the renters expense.
Full rental payment is due prior to rental period for stays less than 8 weeks.
Security deposit and full payment are due for weekly rentals at the time of booking. For longer term rentals payments are 1 month in advance.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 12 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
The Mare di Jonio and beach is only 20 minutes drive down the mountain through the scenic farmland that is lined with groves of ancient olive trees. Avoid the summer crowds of other well known destinations and experience the warm and friendly culture that Calabria has to offer..the traditional Italian way of life.
The ancient towns of Crotone, Rossano and Cosenza are all within a leisurely days drive and offer a mix of the old historico Centro and the new vibrant Italian shopping experience, from the boutique galleries to the modern shopping centres.
Sampling the fresh produce of the local farmers and vinyards makes dining-in a different experience everyday. Dining-out at the family owned restaurants at nearby Pietrapaola marina, Mandatoriccio, Mirto, Cariati, San Giovanni, Ciro Marina.
For a truly relaxing crowd avoiding holiday recharge your batteries at Pietrapaola. Come and enjoy!
Other Activities: Dining out, village bars.
Pietrapaola with Ionian Sea in background - 15 min
Pietrapaola marina with bars and restaurants
House features marble and quality local iron work
Spacious upstairs bedroom
Creek walking in the nearby gorges
Santuario di Santa Maria delle Armi
Riserva Statale Valle del Fiume Argentino
The 'rock' from which Pietrapaola derives its name
Pietrapaola Scala,Ionian Sea...look no crowds!
Benvenuto...Welcome to your Italian home
Modern well equipped kitchen...chefs delight
Nice gorges nearby
View from Santuario di Santa Maria delle Armi Nice trekking paths in this area.
View from near Santuario di Santa Maria delle Armi. Nice trekking in this area
Largo Arvo near San Giovanni in Fiore. Plenty of exploring in this area
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.