Priory of the 14th Century: Detached Apartment in Gorniès, in the Vis Valley(4 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Chateau / Country House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
At the foot of the Cévennes (region rated as a World Heritage Site)
'La Halte Cevenole'
This large detached apartment (72 sq.m. approximately), located in a wing of which rehabilitation has just finished, forms a part of a complex including the main house ('Le Mas du Prieuré', from 1253) and 'La Magnanerie' in another wing.
It is entirely located in an extremely beautiful property, with view over the mountains, various gardens, a swimming pool, a playground and a small house laid out for children. You will be immersed in Mediterranean vegetation, in a region rated in the World Cultural Heritage by Unesco, on the verge of the Grands Causses Regional Nature Park and at the foot of the Cevennes.
La Halte Cévenole is designed to be a place of peace, holidays, charm, pleasure of living and discovery. It was renovated, furnished, and decorated as if it were my own home, for me and my husband, children and grandchildren. It is a 'stopping place', a place to stay during a travel (maybe also during a pilgrimage), as a place allowing to return to the roots for all our friends, actual and to be made, around the world.
Our granddaughter named Daphné (11 years old), impatient to come here and spend family holidays, said to her mother: 'Oh, Mum, I can't wait to go to paradise!”
If you wish to share the happiness of this place with us, please contact me.
Member since: 2012
- Chateau / Country House
- 72 m²
- Max. occupancy 7
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Limited Accessibility
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 5-7
- 'Bambou' bedroom (adjoining the living room through two big sliding doors) - 2 Bamboo beds (80 x 190cm). - 1 Storage drawer under each bed. - 1 Chest of drawers with 6 bamboo drawers. - 1 Bamboo desk. - 1 Bamboo chair. - 1 Coffee table with two levels. - 1 Tray to have breakfast in bed. - 2 Bamboo bedside rugs. - 1 Shelf with collection objects from various African countries. 'Tuf' bedroom - 1 Sofa bed (160 x 200cm) with 2 storage drawers. - 3 Cupboards (high 180 x width 77cm): 1 wardrobe, 1 with shelves and drawers and 1 shelf and door making a desk. - 2 Chairs. - 1 Pedestal table. - 2 Pedestal lights. - 1 Folding screen (3 panels). - Books - Chinese collection objects...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- 'Bambou' bathroom (en-suite to the living room) - Shower (100 x 100cm), bamboo shower column, massage jets - A hand basin with mixing valve - Toilets - Towel heater - Magnifying mirror (10x) - Racks, stool, wastepaper basket and bamboo bathroom objects 'Tuf' bathroom (en-suite to 'Tuf' bedroom) - Shower (80 x 80cm) - Hand basin with mixing valve - Toilets - Cupboard storage, - Wooden changing table (3 levels) - Wooden blanket chest - Bathroom scale - Hair dryer...moreless
- Children equipments available in the garden: - Picnic table for children (on the terrace). - Playground with swing frame (baby and children swing, slide). - Football goalpost (on the playground). - Picnic table and benches for adults (on the playground). The 'Dragonfly cabin' is a playing house for children where they will find: wooden sink, microwave, hobs and oven, plastic washing machine, ironing board and iron, high chair and a doll cot, 2 trunks for equipment, crockery, dining table and stools for children....moreless
- Autumn Foliage
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Water Sports
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Surf Fishing
- Seating for 6 people
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- OfflineRDD $544.74
- No additional mandatory fees
Pour 2 personnes: 1000 Euros/semaine
4 personnes: 1200 Euros/semaine
6 personnes: 1400 Euros/semaine
Réceptions: nous consulter
ARRHES (50% du loyer) à verser à la réservation et paiement du solde (50% du loyer) un mois avant l’arrivée.
La CAUTION s’élève à 500Euros.
- Eau, gaz, électricité: compris
- Nettoyage : compris
- Chauffage central : fourni & compris
- Draps, couettes & oreillers : fournis & compris
- Serviettes de toilette : fournies & comprises
- Nappes, sets de table, serviettes : fournis & compris
- Papier toilette & papier Sopalin : fournis & compris
EVENEMENT SPECIAL: Nous consulter.
POSSIBILITE DE RECEPTIONS A LA BELLE SAISON SUR LES TERRASSES AUTOUR DE LA PISCINE ET DANS
- Tables et chaises en fer forgé blanc de style « romantique » pour 28 personnes. Aussi disponibles : 2 tables en fer style « rouillé » avec 8 chaises pour 8 personnes, et 3 tables en bois « teck » avec 6 bancs et 2 chaises pour 20 personnes.
- Possibilité de louer plusieurs styles de nappes (« romantique à fleurs », « coquillages », « provençaux », etc.).
- La vaisselle, les verres, les couverts et les plats de service sont également disponibles en location.
- Traiteur possible sur demande.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
At the foot of the Cevennes; in magnificent settings; in a quiet environment; under a mostly starry sky, spectacular at night; in the heart of a region marked with history; along the Vis River, well known by fishermen for its trout.
Lots of entertainmens within easy reach:
- For History lovers:
Abbey of Saint- Guilhem-le-Désert
The Desert Museum
Medieval festival in Laroque
Historical reconstruction in Ganges: 'Ganges 1900' (31/08, 1, & 2/09, 2012)
Transhumances- many transhumance paths (or 'drailles' in langue d'Oc dialect) nearby.
- Tourist attractions:
Vis River in Gorniès (Class 1): trout fishing, swimming, canoeing, kayak.
Shooting stars that can be observed in August
The Cirque de Navacelles
The Demoiselles Cave in Laroque
Fabre Museum in Montpellier (exhibition 'Bodies and Shadows', Caravaggio and
His legacy, 23/06 to 14/10/2012).
PAB Museum of Alès (exhibition 'Miro and Graphic Arts', 05/07 to 16/09/2012).
Lodève Museum (exhibition « Théo Van Rysselberghe – A Sublime Moment», 09/06 to 21/10/2012).
Paul Valery Museum in Sète (exhibition 'Chabaud, Fauve and Expressionist, 1900-1914 », 15/06 to 28/10/2012).
Cévenol Museum in Le Vigan (exhibition 'De roches et d'Hommes, Mines et Minéraux en Cévennes », 13/04 to 31/10/2012).
Le Vigan Festival (music), 16/07 to 23/08/2012.
And many others in the area.
La Halte Cevenole, on the south side
Living room - sofa bed
Kitchen on left side
'Bambou' bedroom on right side
Interior - Cabane aux Libellules 'Dragonfly cabin'
La Halte Cevenole, on the south side
Kitchen on left side
'Bambou' bedroom on left side
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.