Gorgeous Generous and Light-Filled Riad in Prime Location(0 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Self-catering villa rental with maid service, 5 minutes from beach
How to get to Essaouira: Most visitors from the UK fly into Marrakech and do the 2/2.5 hour drive by car or taxi along an easy and straight road. There is also a bus service several times a day. Agadir is 3 hours away by car or taxi along a picturesque coastal road. Direct flights to Essaouira go from Paris and Casablanca.
Dress code for Essaouira: It is perfectly acceptable to wear bikinis, shorts, vest tops, short skirts on the beach and in the little town of Essaouira. Some local women, especially the young, also wear western style clothes and the general ambiance is relaxed and laid back. There are no night clubs so very little need to dress up. The streets are cobbled making high heels impractical. It can get windy and sometimes it cools down quite considerably in the evenings so a jumper/pashmina/denim jacket are useful. Always wear sunscreen! The temperature is generally between 18 and 26 degrees Celsius but can be hotter or cooler on occasion. During the winter months it can be rainy for a day or two.
Alcohol and food: Many restaurants serve alcohol including some pleasant dry Moroccan wine. There are also two off-licences in Essaouira. Delivery to the house can be arranged.
There are restaurants for all tastes and budgets. Moroccan fare is usually quite meat based and mostly consists of tagine, a kind of stew. Essaouira restaurants also boast some excellent fresh fish. There are pizza and pasta restaurants too, organic restaurants, vegetarian restaurants, beach restaurants, street stalls and some trendy bars with bar snacks too.
Dinner or lunch can also be arranged at minimal cost with our housekeeper.
Member since: 2008
- 3 story
- 160 m²
- Max. occupancy 6
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Included In Price
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Housekeeper Included
- Daily Maid Service
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Two double bedrooms, one twin bedroom and a small dressing room/nursery sleep up to 6 adults plus 1 small child. All bedrooms have Egyptian cotton bed clothes and all have an en suite bath or shower room with loo. As is the norm in many hot countries, most of the bedrooms have no windows to the exterior of the house to keep them cool and comfortable during the hot summers. They do however all have windows into the central light well. Our lovely local housekeeper comes in daily to make a delicious fresh breakfast and clean and tidy the house....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
- The house is spread over 3 floors plus a further leading to the top roof terrace, it is therefore not suitable for anyone, young or elderly, unsteady on their legs. Electric radiators and warm snuggle blankets are supplied for every bedroom and for the main salon for those rare occasions when it can get a bit chilly at night. Floors are tiled throughout. There are two eating areas, one with a hatch to the kitchen and within the main salon, the other out on the terrace. Tea, coffee or drinks can be taken in either of the two salons or outside. Apart from the kitchen, there is also a small kitchenette/tea kitchen on the ground floor and the house boasts three fridges to ensure cold drinks at any time, upstairs or downstairs. Smoking is not permitted inside the house but there is ample space on the roof terraces. The open central well of the house (covered in winter) allows for fresh air and day light to circulate. Lunch or dinner can be arranged independently with the housekeeper....moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Coin Laundry
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 7 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Basic Soaps
- Bottled Water
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Tumble Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio:
- Housekeeper Included
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- refundableDamageDeposit $129.36
- No additional mandatory fees
Rates are inclusive of breakfast and daily maid service. Occasionally discounts are available of.
10% discount on bookings longer than 2 weeks. Special discounts for long term rentals.
£100 security deposit cheque on arrival, returned within 10 days of departure.
Please note that at Easter, during the Gnaoua Festival, in August and over Christmas and New Year the property is let for a week or more
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Just over two hours car or taxi drive from Marrakech on the Atlantic coast and 180 km north of Agadir, Essaouira is blessed with a gloriously long and golden beach which boasts excellent action sporting facilities, lovely cafes and a perfect laid-back ambiance. Its pretty entirely blue and white Medina, protected by ancient city walls and a historic fort, has an interesting souk to stroll around in, shops selling local crafts, jewellery, pottery, carpets, iron work, books, paintings and all manner of gorgeous interior design items as well as wonderful restaurants from where to enjoy many happy hours watching the African sun set over the sea.
Other Activities: kite surfing, camel riding, quad-biking, cooking, hammam, thalasso spa, beach volleyball
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: Globetrotting owners Paul and Kia live in London. Paul is a doctor and Kia a property manager. They fell in love with Essaouira eight years ago and bought this house as a home from home for their family to enjoy.
Why the Owner Chose Ahl Agadir, Essaouira, Morocco:
This property is in one of the nicest parts within the old medina of Essaouira. Only five minutes from the beach and very close to shops and restaurants, it is nonetheless a private, quiet and peaceful haven. The lay-out is very generous and the house has been furnished with great attention to detail to provide comfort to the visitor. A cool oasis when the African sun beats down it can also provide heating and warmth on chillier seaside days.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
Our house is comfortable and stylish, well located and it boasts the best housekeeper and cook in all of Essaouira who delights in spoiling our guests. Robes, hair dryers, beach towels, Egyptian cotton sheets, a Nespresso machine and other small but essential details are provided to make your stay that little bit more memorable. Our staff are also excellent at helping you organise transport, excursions and activities.
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Landing outside bedrooms
The blue sky of Essaouira
Breakfast on the terrace
Looking up to the roof terrace
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.