Large Private House with Abundant Greenery!
Nature loving person with a major focus on health, cleanliness and education. I am from India, but lived in NY since 2001. I am a Financial Analyst and live with my wife and son. I have a passion for sports and love traveling and exploring new parts of the US. I enjoy long walks, jogging, hiking, yoga and meditation. My goal for Airbnb guests is to offer the very best stay experience via "Immaculately Clean - Home Away From Home" at a reasonable price.
Chris purchased this House in 2010
Why Chris chose Albany
Excellent location with a creek flowing thru the back of the property, upscale and quite neighborhood and close to everything.
What makes this House unique
Large and comfortable and immaculately clean with an excellent property manager and housekeeping crew.
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
A Nice Experience
Nicely managed and maintained. The home was spacious, well decorated, and maintained, and clean. Our group included six adults and one toddler. We needed five bedrooms. We were all pleased with our experience.
Super comfortable, clean and convenient, and Host Chris was great
This roomy house in a quiet neighborhood close to Rt. 20/Western Ave. and a short drive to I-87 and Wolf Rd. was perfect for us, as we commuted each day to a national convention in Colonie. The King bed up in the "nature lover's room" was one of the most comfortable we've ever slept in, with the lovely bathroom/jacuzzi right next door. We enjoyed our dinners on the deck, breakfast in the spacious dining room, evening relaxation in the living room, and meal preparation in a well-stocked kitchen. Everything was clean, and our host Chris responded quickly to our questions before and during the stay. A well-deserved 5 stars. We'd stay here again.
There were 8 of us staying here for our niece's wedding. Property was well maintained, house was clean & bedrooms were quite large. Very spacious, & is in a nice quiet neighborhood.
Reunion place for five siblings.
Comfortable and with everything that we needed.
Comfortable home and good value but needs some work
This home was comfortable and spacious - a great value for my family while in Albany for my daughter's college graduation. The rooms are large and clean and the beds comfortable. The decor is slightly outdated but functional. The host (Chris) is responsive and accommodating. But...
There are a some things that could use some attention, or were annoying to us:
- The freezer had a slight leak and created a puddle on the floor. This was brought to Chris' attention and he will be addressing it.
- There were no kitchen linens to be found. Nothing to wash and dry dishes with. We had to borrow some from our daughter's apartment.
- While there, the host texted us and asked us to move our cars which were parked in the street. There are no "no parking" signs which indicates there's probably some friction with the neighbors. Furthermore, only one car was ours - the others were there most of the weekend so likely belonged to said neighbors!
- There were notes/instructions/signs EVERYWHERE. It felt like we were being chastised for being in the home. We didn't need to be reminded in every room to not smoke, do our dishes, take out the trash, etc.
- The tile floor in the downstairs bathroom is lifting. The tiles are loose and shift when you walk on them.
- There are raised nails in the boards of the deck. Be careful out there barefoot.
I rely on honest feedback reviews when I travel so I like to leave them for others. In the end, even with the issues I mentioned, we would stay there again. The house was clean, comfortable, and the price was right.
Thanks for your candid feedback and I am glad you would stay at my property again. I have forwarded your feedback to the property manager to take necessary steps to remedy the issues you have highlighted in your feedback. I make my best efforts to offer immaculate stay experience at a reasonable cost.
- In reference to, the freezer leak, it occurred because you started the ice maker and left the freezer door ajar, there has never been any leak from the freezer ever, before your check-in and after your check-out.
- In reference to, no kitchen linens to be found, you could have contacted me (I am very responsive), moreover there is always a roll of paper towels available in the kitchen and there are plenty of hand towels available in both the bathrooms.
- In reference to nothing to wash, is incorrect, moreover you could have contacted me. We have dishwasher in the kitchen, and besides dishwasher, there are always couple of sponges and dish soap available over the sink or in the cabinet under the sink.
- Regarding car parking issue, my property can accommodate three cars in the driveway and one car off street in front of the property, we have parking instructions in the house rules binder in the kitchen. There were too many cars parked between the driveway and off street, and that is why I texted you. There is no friction with the neighbors, but regardless I want to be respectful to my neighbors, it is a private house on a dead end quite street, and accordingly I want guest to park as per the parking instructions.
- In reference to, tile floor in the downstairs bathroom, there are about 3-4 loose tiles right in front of shower area, but that is covered with a floor mat and does not pose any tripping risk. Those loose tiles had been fixed few times in the past, but they become loose again and again because of the walking traffic and steam coming from the shower area.
- In reference to, there were notes/instructions/signs EVERYWHERE, this is absolutely incorrect. We have binders with house rules, that we want guests to adhere to, and that is for the benefit for all the guests, to maintain the property and offer immaculate stay experience at a reasonable cost.
- In reference to raised nails in the deck, we did not notice any raised nails in the deck, but that is possible, as it is common issue with non laminated decks due to wood expanding and contracting during temperature changes. But, why would any guest go to a deck barefoot?
As I mentioned before, I appreciate your candid feedback and wanted to provide my reply to clarification on your points. I want guest to contact me with any issues so that I can answer or remedy them during their stay.
If you are looking for modern, this is not it. Very cool old fashioned house. Everything you need is there. Very clean comfy beds. You can open the master bedroom window and here the birds singing. Would defiently stay again. 🤓