Luxury Manor with Heated Outdoor Pool, Tennis Court & 5 Minutes from the Beach(4 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:Guest House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Luxury villa holiday rental, all ensuite rooms - catered or self catered
The property: The main lounge is impressively large and spacious. The high wooden beamed ceilings create a feeling of grandeur complimented by the beautiful parquet flooring, wood-panelled walls and the grand staircase.
A revitalizing yet relaxed atmosphere is created by the neutral tones and contemporary finishes that so obviously dominate the room.
An abundance of natural light floods the room through the arch of small windows which border the grand front door. On a warm summer's day, you can open the door to allow in the lovely sunshine, fresh air and floral scents.
Adjoining the main lounge is the TV / reading room. This cosy room has a lovely marble fireplace, comfortable sofas, satellite TV, DVD player and a selection of DVD's, books and magazines for your enjoyment.
From either the billiard room or the main lounge, you enter the elegant dining room. The marble fireplace, candles, parquet floors and high ceilings altogether create a very special atmosphere.
Personal Service...: From the time of your first enquiry and continuing throughout your holiday, Merrilyn and Quintin ensure you receive unparalleled and professional service in every aspect of your catered villa holiday.
Upon arrival at the private estate of Domaine de Bellegarde, you will be impressed by the genuinely warm and friendly welcome along with the Champagne reception which will either be served in the lounge or on the poolside terrace. Accompanied by delicious homemade canapés, it will be enough to give you a taste of the gastronomic delights that await you! Our emphasis will be on relaxing you in to the beginning of a fabulous luxury villa holiday!
Once you have settled in, we will be on hand to advise you about the property, the facilities, the region and the endless activities on offer throughout your stay.
The experienced chef & team of staff are on hand to provide a catered service normally found only in luxury hotels!
Gastronomic Delights! : The Landes region is well known for its culinary produce including duck and foie gras, fresh fish from the Atlantic Ocean , asparagus from Magescq and wild mushrooms from the local forests. Using only the best local produce, we develop a range of menus that are creative, very well presented and taste magnificent.
Picture yourself….after a long day of golf or a day on the beach, you can relax and unwind in the peaceful surrounds of the property with a chilled glass of champagne in hand.
Sample Dinner Menu
Cherry tomato, feta & pesto bites
Local Asparagus served with Brown Butter,
Aged Pecorino & Summer Truffle
Roasted fillet of monkfish stuffed with sun-blushed
tomatoes, roasted red pepper & fresh basil
drizzled with a pesto dressing
Served on a bed of cannelini beans
With organic spring vegetables
White Chocolate Cheesecake served with Fresh
Mixed Berries poached in Red Wine
Selection of French cheeses
Filtered coffee & chocolates
Member since: 2008
- Chateau / Country House
- 450 m²
- Guest House
- Guest House
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Included In Price
- Lunch - Included In Price
- Dinner - Included In Price
- Housekeeper Included
- Daily Maid Service
- Private Chef
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 18, Beds for 18
- All bedrooms are ensuite, have comfortable seating & Free-sat TV & DVD music player. Vieux Boucau - A double bedroom, four-poster bed, marble fireplace & two large windows with views across the gardens. Hossegor - A double bedroom with four-poster bed, marble fireplace, large windows & a large terrace with teak lounge chairs & views across the garden. Soustons two bedroom suite - A double bed & twin beds, marble fireplace, double doors to a private balcony with views across the pool & lawns. Terrace with teak furniture. Messanges - A double bedroom, two large windows with views across the gardens. Seignosse - A double/twin bedroom, fireplace & private balcony with wonderful views of the gardens. Cap Breton - A double bedroom, private sauna & unique finishing touches give this room a truly fresh, seaside atmosphere. Contis - A double/twin bedroom, fireplace, private balcony with views of the pool & gardens. Mimizan - A double bedroom, two windows & views of the gardens....moreless
Bathrooms: 8 Bathrooms
- Vieux Boucau - The bathroom is modern & contains a shower, WC & the original porcelain washbasin with wrought-iron legs. Hossegor - The bathroom is modern & contains a shower, a free standing wash basin & WC. Soustons - Relax in the private Jacuzzi bath which has soothing massage jets, seperate shower, washbasin & WC. Messanges - The bathroom features a wonderful modern washbasin which stands on a wrought-iron table. There is a shower & WC. Seignosse - The bathroom is finished in soft, pale yellows with red mosaic tiling & has a shower, free standing wash basin and WC. Cap Breton - The bathroom is modern with bath as well as a shower, wash basin & a window which allows in plenty of natural light. There is also a separate WC. Contis - The bathroom is modern and contains a shower, toilet & an original porcelain washbasin. Mimizan - It is clean and simple with lovely mosaic green tiles surrounding the modern-style washbasin. It also contains a shower & WC....moreless
- The CATERED package includes the following: Champagne reception (soft drinks for the children) Daily breakfast (Full English & Continental breakfast) served on the poolside terrace, in the grand dining room or in the privacy of your own room, if preferred Daily afternoon tea with a selection of cakes, muffins, biscuits, fresh fruit, tea, filtered coffee, hot chocolate, soft drinks & juices A gourmet BBQ served on the poolside terrace; wine/beer/soft drinks included A 3-course lunch served on the poolside terrace; wine/beer/soft drinks included Four gastronomic four-course evening meals with complimentary regional wine served either inside in the grand dining room or alfresco-style, on the poolside terrace. An a-la-carte wine list will also be available Free use of sporting equipment including mountain bikes, tennis, table-tennis, badminton, croquet, boules, football, volleyball and frisbee Drinks minibar & ice-creams freezer in the pool house cabana...moreless
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Sports & Activities
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
- Nude Beach
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 18 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Bottled Water
- Filtered Water
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Security System
- Thermos Bottle
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Beach Chairs
- Child's Swing
- Deck / Patio:
- Golf Clubs
- Inflatable Boat
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub:
- Outdoor Pool
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
November & December
Oct 29 - Dec 23, 2016
3 night min stay
Christmas & New Year
Dec 24 - Jan 6, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Apr 1 - Apr 21, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Apr 22 - May 5, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $2,143.47
- No additional mandatory fees
CATERED accommodation for 16 persons:
Daily breakfast (Full English and Continental breakfast)
Daily afternoon tea
Two lunches including BBQ
Four dinners including canapes, aperitif, wines, beers
Daily service from a team of four staff including a qualified experienced chef
Rooms serviced daily
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
The awesome sandy beaches of 'Les Landes', backed by sand dunes, pine forests and outstanding lakes are blessed with a superb climate and sea temperatures throughout the year, perfect for watersports and adventure holidays of all descriptions from surfing to sailing and golf to cycling.
The villa is only 5 minutes walk from beautiful fresh water lakes, and 10 minutes drive from blue flag beaches (Soustons, Vieux-Boucau, Hossegor and Moliets). A mulitude of activities awaits every visitor in this beautiful region.
The spa town of Dax is 20 minutes, fabulous Biarritz and Bayonne with their great shoping are 30 minutes, St Jean de Luz Basque port and beach at 35 minutes with the Pyrenees and Spain just beyond.
Three world class golf courses Seignosse, Moliets & Hossegor are within 15 minutes drive of the villa.
The villa and surrounding area is easily accessible from Biarritz, Pau & Bordeaux airports with motorway access & TGV trains to Paris connecting with Eurostar to London
Other Activities: kitesurfing, kayaking, jet-skiing, go-karting, quad biking, adventure park,
Golf: There are over sixty Golf courses in the South West of France, a region renowned for golf. The golf course at Pau - Billere is the oldest club in continental Europe, created for & by the British Army in 1856.
The golf courses are playable year round because of the excellent climate with temperatures and weather conditions keeping the greens & fairways in fantastic condition.
The 'Golf Biarritz pass' which allows you to play 5 rounds from a choice of 6 of the most attractive golf courses in South West France at a preferential price. These golf courses are all between 15 & 40 minutes drive from Domaine de Bellegarde.
There is a fantastic choice of courses in outstanding settings including sheltered pine forests, oak woods and meadows & Atlantic coastline to name a few. Challenging courses with links golf, water hazards, dog-leg holes and blind approach shots with wonderful views of the coastline, Pyrenees & countryside make this an incredibly exciting area for golf!
With prices for a round significantly cheaper than the UK why not experience what South West France has to offer with a stay in the superb Domaine de Bellegarde!
We are able to cater to golfers with specific itineraries tailored to your visit whether it be a long weekend or week long holiday. Coupled with our outstanding cuisine and personal service you will not find a better location for your golfing holiday with the option of many other activities to experience during your stay in s.w France.
Year Purchased: 2005
About: Merrilyn (an Australian with Dutch nationlity) met Quintin (British from Cornwall) in the ski resort of Coruchevel, France in 1997. We lived for 2 years in Sydney, Australia before returning to the Alps to set up a luxury chalet holiday company between 2000-2008. We married in 2002 and have 3 children of 8yrs, 6yrs and 4yrs. We bought the wonderful Domaine de Bellegarde in 2005 and after a total renovation of the property and gardens we opened for our first summer providing luxury catered holidays in 2006. We live on site in a separate 3 bedroom villa which is set aside from the manor house and facilities so ensuring privacy for all clients holidays yet we are in easy reach to provide recommendations and ensure the holidays provided are of the highest quality. We employ a professional chef and team of hosts to provide the services for your holiday and pride ourselves on the restaurant quality cuisine and wines served by our friendly team.
Why Soustons, France:
Domaine de Bellegarde is unique and as soon as you emerge from the driveway passing through the woods into the beautiful gardens with century old trees there is a feeling of peace and privacy with a very special and stunning property. At 110 years old this summer it oozes character and charm with over 450 m2 of internal space and huge volumes due to the 4 metre ceilings and 9 bedrooms with 8 bathrooms it is a perfect venue for family and friends to share wonderful holidays and celebrate together. The facilities include an outdoor heated 15 x 7 metre swimming pool, hot tub, tennis court, volleyball, bikes and plenty of other sports available for you to enjoy. At just under 10 minutes drive from the outstanding Atlantic beaches it is perfectly placed in a small town of Soustons so benefiting from the services such as dedicated cycle pathways, fresh and salt water lakes, sailing, swimming, surfing, golf, tennis and so much more all available on the doorstep.
The Unique Benefits at this Guest House:
Swimming pool heated Private brand new tennis court 2013 Spacious period property for entertaining Lots of beautiful private garden space Catered luxury holidays with your own private chef Self catered rental available Close to beaches, lakes, surfing, sailing Unspoilt ocean beaches and surrounding area benefits from wonderful natural space
Links to more information:
Domaine de Bellegarde, heated 15x7m secure pool, hot tub & terrace
The impressive Domaine de Bellegarde & gardens
Spacious & comfortable lounge, hall & staircase
Luxury villa - heated swimming pool & tennis court
Superb dining room with original parquet floors
Soustons two bedroom suite with jacuzzi & terrace
Capbreton bathroom, towels & L'Occitane toiletries
Brand new tennis court in 2013 proved very popular with all guests
Superb sandy beach just 7km & perfect for families
Surfing is 1st class & surf schools for beginners
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.