An Arizona experience with life's little luxuries. The Cactus Wren Casita is a tranquil retreat from the stress of life.
To the east the back fence is literally at the doorstep to the stunning Superstition Mountains. Take one step out the back gate and you have officially entered the Tonto National Forest and the Sonoran Wilderness Area. Chaise lounges under the pergola face directly towards the mountains. Relax and enjoy your favorite refreshment or read a book while taking in mother nature. Quail, Cactus Wren, Hummingbirds and a host of other birds sing their songs. Breathtaking sunsets paint the mountains a deep lava red. And don't be surprised if you see coyotes, deer, javelina or other wildlife walking the fence line.
To the west more awesome scenic views. You're overlooking the entire Phoenix Valley and Gold Field Mountains. Not onmly do you have the sunsets but you'll find the sunrises tranquilizing . Like pulling off the dark night blanket to the warming day light works it's way across the valley towards you. Your own private patio. Sit on chaise lounges and take in the changing lights of night and day. In the winter you'll want to cozy up to the wood fireplace.
There's a treasure trove of trails. Hikers will want to start early, backpack, emergency kit, coolers, and walking sticks provided. Heaps of books on hiking locally.
We're confident you'll love our little Casita. It is a fully detached 1,200 sq ft Casita which shares 1¼ a scenic acre lot with the main house. Well kept, super clean, very quaint with views from all the widows. Large screen 70" TV in the living room, large screen TV in the pool room, and even an LCD TV in bedroom not to mention many of life's little luxuries.
Relax with a leisurely cup of coffee on your private front patio with expansive views of the Goldfield Mountains and the City lights at night. The very spacious outdoor patio area includes a large stone Kiva fireplace with table and chairs to enjoy an alfresco lunch or to toast your S’mores. We provide 1 night's wood and fire starter brick. Extra wood is available in bundles at the local Frys Market.
Please read "Important Information For Guests" below. Age restrictions apply. Strictly non-smoking. The Casita and Main House are located on the 1¼ acre property but both are detached and private. The only area that is shared from time to time with your Hosts is the backyard. We give our guests their complete privacy, however we are available by text or phone if you have any questions.
Cactus Wren Casita has everything you could need and more! However if you don’t see it, feel free to ask. The fully stocked kitchen has all your modern conveniences including:
• Stainless Steel Range/Oven with glass cooktop;
• Stainless Steel Above-Range Microwave;
• Stainless Steel Dishwasher;
• Stainless Steel French-Door Refrigerator with Water/Ice Dispenser;
• Cuisinart Coffee Maker, KitchenAid Electric Water Kettle, Stainless Steel Pots/Pans, Stainless Steel 4-Slice Toaster, all matching crockery and cutlery, carving knife set, steak knife set, cooking utensils, glasses for wine, beer, martinis and much, much more!
The dining and living area is open plan with plenty of large windows for natural light and to take advantage of the views, views, views! There are incredible views from every window and sliding door!
The large, bright and airy bedroom has a luxury King-size bed, a separate sitting area and a 40 inch Flat Screen TV; plus there is additional sleeping for 2 more guests on the Queen size Sleeper Sofa (located in living room) with a thick, comfortable Queen-size Cool-Gel mattress. Both beds are extremely comfortable and come complete with quality linens. Sheet and pillow cases are made of high quality micro fiber yarn that gives the soft touch of high thread count Egyptian cotton. For people who may overheat when sleeping, the microfiber sheets have wicking properties which help to keep you dry and comfortable when sleeping. The sheets are effective for people who have allergies because they repel dust mites and also provide a cool, soft sleeping surface. They have been a huge hit with all our guests.
Additional features include:
• 70 inch 3D Flat Screen TV in Family Room including DirecTV (HBO+Showtime+premium HD channels)
• High speed Internet connection;
• A separate Games Room with a 4' x 8' Pool Table, Dart Board, Bar with seating, Flat Screen TV, Sound System, plus board games (Cards, Scrabble, Dominoes etc);
• Indoor and Outdoor dining tables and chairs;
• Iron/Ironing Board;
• Stacked Indoor Washer/Dryer;
• Insulated coolers;
• King size bed mattress set (as of Feb 2017)
• Quality bed linens and towels + big beach towels for the Pool;
• Outdoor propane BBQ;
• A salt water Swimming Pool - to be used by Paying Guests Only (not heated). Best swim times are late May - early Sept. The pool may occasionally be shared with the owners (Bill and Kim). The 15,000 gal pool measures 15' x 30'. Deep end 5.5'. shallow end 3' with 3 steps going into pool. This is not a diving pool but you can comfortably swim 30 ft laps. We have noodle floats and even little one person float lounges.
• For the hiking enthusiast there is direct private access from the property into the Tonto National Forest (5th largest forest in the US) with many nearby hiking trails including Superstition Mountains and Flatiron (a popular hiking destination). You'll love it! Always take a cell. We provide 2 hiking sticks (located in the pool room). Please take precaution when hiking in the desert - we have heaps of cacti and wildlife. We recommend good hiking boots and long pants. Never feed or approach the wildlife no matter how cute. And always bring back what you take out with you. Just google "precautions hiking in the Sonoran desert" for more info.
WHAT TO DO?
We are a short drive to grocery stores, restaurants and shopping, plus easy access via our freeways to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, Barrett-Jackson, Spring Training venues, Scottsdale, Casinos, multiple Golf Courses, Lost Dutchman State Park, Desert Botanical Gardens and many other fabulous Phoenix attractions. And don't miss visiting our beautiful local lakes including Theodore Roosevelt Lake which feeds Saguaro Lake, Canyon Lake and Apache Lake. Book a lake cruise on either Canyon or Saguaro Lake to learn about the history, geography, geology, fauna and flora of our Sonoran Desert ... plenty of great photo opportunities!
Guests are to provide all their own meals, however we help out with a welcome basket of “goodies” for your first breakfast treats.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR GUESTS:
* This is strictly a Non-Smoking vacation property, inside and outside.
* Children - this property is not suitable for children under 15 years of age.
* Pet Policy: As much as we love 4 footed friends we are unable to accommodate pets in consideration of all Guests. Service Pets will require approval.
* Age Restriction - the minimum age to book is 25 years.
* Parties and events are not permitted.
* Only paying guests staying at the Casita may use the swimming pool.
* If there are more than 2 guests a nightly fee will be charged for guest #3 and #4. (See Rates)
* Check-in 3 pm or after. Check-out: by 10 am. If a late evening check-in please advise Host.
* Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
* Damage Protection: We require every booking to include damage protection insurance. Not only does this safeguard our property but it also gives Guests peace of mind in the event of accidental damages. Bookings without damage protection insurance will not be accepted. VRBO offers damage protection when making your booking.
* If guests disregard the House Rules the reservation is subject to immediate cancellation without refund.
We want your stay to be as comfortable s possible . If you have specific allergies or special needs please ask "before" you book so we might better determine if we can accommodate your needs.
NOTE: The Local Attractions & Activities are approx 30 minutes away by vehicle.