Hawaii Vacation Properties llc
- english, Vietnamese, Japanese
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Minimum age of primary renter:18
Perfect location, perfect size for our small family of four, bring quarters for the laundry, and make good use out of all the beach supplies that they supply! We called the day of departure for suggestions on a shelter to drop our left over food, the management team took care of it for us. We just left all the food in the pantry and fridge. Park on the fourth floor (E) of the parking garage.
We will definitely be returning to this location next year!!!
We had a wonderful time and appreciate all that were involved in making our stay great!!!
Very nice condo great location.
Would stay there again, handy to Waikiki without being in the hassle of it. Walking distance to shopping.
I need to start off by saying that no one goes to Hawaii on vacation to sit in their room. That being said, the room had some flaws that future guests should be aware of when booking....
1) The mattress is older and not the most comfortable. It wasn't unbearable or anything like that but definitely not what we're used to and, considering the inexpensive price of new mattresses, were surprised that this wasn't a major focus.
2) Bedding itself smelled old/musty. We washed the bedding when we first arrived but it still smelled old even after washing.
3) Towels shared the same issues as the bedding - old sour smell. We washed them when we first arrived but each time they got wet they were super smelly.
4) The noise level from downstairs is significant. Be it the restaurant/bar or traffic (trash truck) below, the noise is constant and can be heard even if the door/window is closed. For people like us, who are used to city noises, it was totally fine and we didn't mind but if you need it to be quiet when you sleep then you may want to look into a unit higher up.
I know I led off with the "bad" but rest assured there is PLENTY of good about this unit! Everything was clean when we arrived, there is plenty of space for your clothes and such, free wifi, a gorgeous view, a nice kitchen stocked with plenty of pots/pans/dishes/etc...
The view is great and being able to sit on the lanai for a cup of coffee each morning was a treat. One of the best features is a closet full of beach accessories - chairs, mats, toys, coolers, bags, etc. The only thing we missed was more towels - having only 2 smaller beach towels was a bummer.
Building security is awesome, the unit is located in a great area within a 5-minute walk to the beach, awesome places to eat, and public transportation (which is amazing in Hawaii). This unit is also in an awesome place to watch the Friday Night Fireworks from the comfort of your lanai.
Overall, this is a nice unit for the price in a great location. There are plenty of other options in the same area as well but you may be looking at an increased price. It really depends on what matters most to you. As I said before, no one goes to Hawaii to spend their time in their room.
Would I rent this unit again? Probably. It depends on what else is available in the same building. Ideally, I would go for another unit that has a newer bed just because our backs were not done any favor by this one!
Waikiki Beach is a world class destination and travel experience.