Do you dream of living on the beach in Hawaii? Look no further! It doesn't get more "oceanfront" than this! Literally a stone's throw from the edge of Ma'alaea Bay, where the whales, dolphins, and pacific green sea turtles frolic in the waves, there is no better location for unwinding and embracing the island lifestyle.
Step out onto your private lanai and treat yourself to breathtaking, endless ocean views.
You're just steps away from a rarely used little beach and a short stroll to beautiful Sugar Beach, with its 5 miles of soft, golden sand! Great snorkeling and surfing can be found mere steps from your lanai! All this, and absolute quiet - other than the soothing sound of the island surf.
Wake up to panoramic views of Maui’s south shore, Mt. Haleakala, as well as Molokini and Kahoolawe islands. Enjoy the famous & spectacular sunrises over Mt. Haleakala and brilliant skies at sunset. The perfect honeymoon or anniversary get-away, whether it's your first or your golden!
NOTE ABOUT REVIEWS: Please check out VRBO listing #766849 to read reviews for a second condo we own at Sugar Beach Resort in Kihei. This will give you additional guest feedback on our hospitality.
Accommodations and Amenities for our Oceanfront Maui Gem in Maalaea include:
- 42” HD TV with cable
- DVD Player with a healthy collection of movies
- Free Netflix on Demand
- Free WiFi
- Free local and long distance (US only) telephone service
- Sofa sleeper w/full size mattress (linens provided)
- Ceiling fans
- Air conditioning
- Incredible ocean front views!
Fully Stocked Kitchen:
- Equipped with quality pots & pans, dishes, flatware, cooking utensils, glasses, wine glasses and BBQ utensils (for use at pool side BBQ area)
- Appliances include: stove & oven, microwave, refrigerator w/freezer and dishwasher
- Small appliances include: automatic coffee pot, toaster, rice cooker, blender
- Breakfast bar with new granite counter top
- King size bed with pillow-top
- 39' HD TV with cable channels
- Quality linens
- Alarm clock/radio
- Ceiling fan
- Plantation shutters
Tub / shower
All towels provided
- Vintage Hawaiian art throughout
- Private lanai with table and four swivel-rocking chairs
- Reserved parking (no charge)
- Washer and dryer in unit
- Iron & ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Beach towels
- Beach chairs
- Snorkeling gear (although best to rent for fit)
- Beach umbrella
- Pool toys
- And more in the 'toy chest' located on the lanai
* Our calendar is always up-to-date. So if it shows your dates available then you can proceed to book with confidence. If for some reason our place is booked then VRBO will not allow the booking to go through.
Island Sands is one of the smaller complexes on the island, so it's much quieter and more private than a lot of the other properties on Maui. And here's the major bonus-- it's central location on the island makes Ma'alaea the best kept secret on Maui! Just 5 miles to Kihei, 10 miles to Kahului (and the airport) and 15 to Lahaina!
Within walking distance from Island Sands you will find:
- Ma'alaea Harbor where you can book any of the many ocean activities available on Maui including whale watching, snorkeling adventure and sunset dinner cruises
- A number of restaurants including Beach Bums Bar & Grill and Seascape.
- Stores to fulfill grocery needs as well as delis and fast food options.
- The Maui Ocean Center aquarium (voted best attraction on Maui)
- Maui Golf & Sports Park (perfect for family fun)
- Sugar Beach, one of the most pristine, white sandy beaches on Maui, it stretches five miles all the way to Kihei
- Ma'alaea Harbor Shops offers a variety of shopping and snacking options
Public Transportation: Most parts of the island can be reached from Ma'alaea via Maui bus services for only $2 per route.
We like to upgrade and make improvements from time to time. So while some things may change slightly from the photos, the property will remain mostly as you see it. We update our photos as needed.