Pretty Picky Properties
About Pretty Picky Properties
Cancellation Policy - 100% refund if dates are re-rented. There are a lot of places to rent for a summer vacation on the Cape. There are only a few Pretty Picky Properties. Most are directly on or very near the beach. Our homeowners love their properties, fastidiously maintain them, and expect guests to treat them accordingly. Our guests demand a prime location and a vacation experience that far exceeds the typical Cape summer rental. When you spend a good amount of money for a perfect summer vacation, you want to be sure before you commit. That's why we take the time to carefully and completely answer all your questions by phone or email. If you can visit the Cape in advance, we'll be happy to show you one or more properties you're considering. Most guests are also comforted to know that Pretty Picky also has a property management division, Monomoy Property Services. Most unforeseen property issues can be resolved quickly with our ready access to maintenance resources. We look forward to helping you plan your ideal Cape Cod vacation! The Pretty Picky Team
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Minimum age of primary renter:25
Max guests:16 (sleeps up to 16 adults)
Cape Cod Family Reunion
Great place to bring the family together. Wonderful views, plenty of room inside and out for get togethers, games, and relaxing. A wonderful place to relax and unwind.
Perfect for a large group!
In September, our group of 12 long-time college friends spent four wonderful days and nights at the Chatham Family property. The space was perfect for us, for many reasons--the main house and the smaller guest house gave us plenty of sleeping space; kitchen worked so well for our in-house prepared meals; dining room was excellent and seated all of us comfortably for group dinners; loved the two different hang-out spaces in the main house - the living room and the summer porch; air conditioning in each room provided comfort; the lawn and grounds are lovely; new windows were great; an overall clean, period-themed and pretty place provided us with a truly authentic Cape experience. We loved the location, as we could drive anywhere within an hour, with many sites much closer. And of course it's always a plus being close to downtown Chatham! Two caveats for future renters to note are (1) there are 13 beds in the two houses with 10 of them being twins (this was perfect for us) and (2) the locations and sizes of the bathrooms in the the large house could be a challenge for some groups. Overall, highly recommended. The owner obviously cares deeply about preserving the history of this lovely property and has hired an excellent property management company to oversee all rental details.
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. And we are thrilled that you enjoyed your Pretty Picky Properties experience. Hopefully we will see you again next year – be sure to check out our site for more Pretty Picky Properties.
Pretty Picky Properties
Cape Cod's Select Vacation Rentals
Overall a great holiday. Wonderful grounds, ideal for children. Annexe good for the grandparents!
Overall experience was great, apart from some niggles, such as:
- No hot water the first night in the annexe (a member of our party managed to locate the switch the next morning)
- Majority of electrical outlets not working in the bedrooms in the main house
- BBQ in main house not working
- No hair dryer in main house & hair dryer in annexe a very weak affair
- Long mirror in the top bedroom of the annexe was not hung, just resting against the wall (a possible child hazard, plus it was difficult to see the top half of yourself!)
- First time any of us has ever been asked to wash beach towels at end of stay (although there were plenty of them)!
- Never been asked to strip beds before!
- Plenty of cleaning materials provided, but only 'dregs' in hand wash in almost all bathrooms to welcome newcomers!
- No locks on bathrooms in main house
- Insufficient toilet roll supplied for a week's stay
- A 'welcome pack' would be helpful, with a few explanatory notes about recycling (days/ what can be recycled/ what bins to use), location of water heater (if switched off) etc....
- Some courtesy toiletries would be a nice touch, or a bowl of fruit or a few chocolates or flowers.... would make visitors feel more welcome, rather than a set of requests to clean etc, in order to avoid a fine!
- A matching dinner service and set of glasses would be good!
- Later check-out time is needed, especially for those with children, to accommodate amount of cleaning expected (perhaps more cleaners should be employed considering the amount of money paid for a week's stay?)
The property is lovely. Well presented and clean upon arrival. Very much as represented in the ad
Was a special experience. One note. The cover in the downstairs main bedroom was not as clean as one would hope with more than a couple white stains
The perfect place for a large family (like ours) summer vacation.
The rambling vintage Cape/Colonial feels like home the minute you enter and it just gets better. There were spaces for our multigenerational family to bond and spots for quiet time. The huge yard encouraged toddler t-ball and hammock time for tired parents. The sunroom off the new terrace allowed our group to flow in and out depending on weather and activities. We lucked out with beautiful warm weather and appreciated the a/c which was easy to adjust room by room. The only thing we didn't like about the house and the location ---was leaving!
Thanks so much for taking the time to share a review. We are so happy you enjoyed your Pretty Picky Properties experience. We hope to see you back on Cape next season!
Beautiful house, Private lot
We just spent a week at this beautiful home in Chatham. The house and yard were perfect for a relaxing week with family. We had little ones with us who enjoyed the yard and the quick walk to the beach. The linens and beach towels were plentiful. The new patio was perfect for outdoor living.
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. And so glad to hear you enjoyed your Pretty Picky Properties experience. Hope to see you back on Cape Cod next year!