A private cottage on beautiful Damariscotta Lake, Maine (one of Yankee Magazine's 8 most beautiful, most inviting places to cool off of New England's great lakes; 2013) …relax while listening to the loons. Expect great fishing from the dock , a kayak or a canoe (big mouth bass country)
Renting spring - summer - fall.
* Peaceful 1 bedroom cottage with detached bunk house on Damariscotta Lake water front in Newcastle, Maine.
* Master bedroom with queen bed, pine interior with vaulted ceiling.
* Pullout sofa (double bed) in living room.
* Detached bunk house with twin beds.
* Large wrap-around deck.
* Open concept living room/dining room with large deck on 10 acre wooded lot.
* Large picnic table and grill.
* Well equipped kitchen with refrigerator, electric range, microwave, toaster, and coffee-maker.
* Private well water suitable for drinking.
* Large bathroom with shower.
* Linens/towels are not provided, but available.
* Great swimming off the dock on the property.
* Public boat ramp near.
* Internet/Wi-Fi available.
About the area:
Damariscotta/Newcastle/Pemaquid region offers beaches, boating, fishing, hiking, ocean, lakes touring, theater, shopping and more:
o We are located in Newcastle, a 60-minute drive from the airport (Portland WPA).
o 10-min. drive to town with restaurants and shops on the Damariscotta River.
o 10-min. drive to gym/tennis.
o 30-min. drive to Pemaquid Beach and Light House.
o Two of east coast best beaches within 90-min. drive; Popham and Reid.
o Largest stretch of sandy beaches in Maine's coast.
o Antique Browsing - in many towns and public sales in the area.
o Sailing, fishing and island tours of picturesque Maine villages.
o Close to the beautiful Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens.
o Near great hiking and trail exploration.
o Portland - beautiful sea-side city with professional sport teams, museums, boat tours, restaurants and shopping
o Augusta (our state capital).
o Brunswick -Bowdoin College, Maine State Music Theater, restaurants, and shopping.
o Boothbay Harbor – botanical gardens, theater, restaurants, shopping, boat tours & more.
o Belfast, Rockport, Rockland, & Camden - shopping, museums, hiking, boat tours & more.
o Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park.