Peaceful 1 Bedroom Cottage with Detached Bunk House on Damariscotta Lake(1 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
1 bedroom, 1 bunk house, 1 bathroom, sleeps 4-6
Renting spring - summer - fall.
* Peaceful 1 bedroom cottage with detached bunk house on Damariscotta Lake water front in Newcastle, Maine.
* Master bedroom with queen bed, pine interior with vaulted ceiling.
* Pullout sofa (double bed) in living room.
* Detached bunk house with twin beds.
* Large wrap-around deck.
* Open concept living room/dining room with large deck on 10 acre wooded lot.
* Large picnic table and grill.
* Well equipped kitchen with refrigerator, electric range, microwave, toaster, and coffee-maker.
* Private well water suitable for drinking.
* Large bathroom with shower.
* Linens/towels are not provided, but available.
* Great swimming off the dock on the property.
* Public boat ramp near.
* Internet/Wi-Fi available.
About the area:
Damariscotta/Newcastle/Pemaquid region offers beaches, boating, fishing, hiking, ocean, lakes touring, theater, shopping and more:
o We are located in Newcastle, a 60-minute drive from the airport (Portland WPA).
o 10-min. drive to town with restaurants and shops on the Damariscotta River.
o 10-min. drive to gym/tennis.
o 30-min. drive to Pemaquid Beach and Light House.
o Two of east coast best beaches within 90-min. drive; Popham and Reid.
o Largest stretch of sandy beaches in Maine's coast.
o Antique Browsing - in many towns and public sales in the area.
o Sailing, fishing and island tours of picturesque Maine villages.
o Close to the beautiful Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens.
o Near great hiking and trail exploration.
o Portland - beautiful sea-side city with professional sport teams, museums, boat tours, restaurants and shopping
o Augusta (our state capital).
o Brunswick -Bowdoin College, Maine State Music Theater, restaurants, and shopping.
o Boothbay Harbor – botanical gardens, theater, restaurants, shopping, boat tours & more.
o Belfast, Rockport, Rockland, & Camden - shopping, museums, hiking, boat tours & more.
o Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park.
When you're ready to book, here are some things to keep in mind
We recommend you complete your booking on VRBO or ask the owner to send you a payment request through VRBO.Verify your payment method
Do NOT call after 10:00 pm Eastern Time
Member since: 2012
- 600 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 6
- Detached Bunk House with twin beds.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
With the 3rd most lakes of any state after Alaska and Minnesota, Maine has many lakes. Damariscotta Lake is one of the larger lakes (13 miles long) and is watched over by our Watershed Association. ...moreless
- Lake View
- Near The Ocean:
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Free Local Calls
- Local Maps
- Sofa Bed
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $50 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 9%
$500.00 advance security and reservation deposit to confirm bookings (refundable after check out and cleaning)
Full rental amount due on arrival
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Damariscotta/Newcastle/Pemaquid region offers some of the most affordable vacation options on the eastern seaboard with recreation, beaches, boating, fishing, hiking, ocean touring, theater, shopping
• We are located in Newcastle, a 60-minute drive from the airport (Portland PWM)
• 10-minutes drive to town with restaurants and shops on the Damariscotta River.
• 10-min. drive to gym/tennis
• Largest stretch of sandy beaches in Maine's coast and 30 min. to Pemaquid Beach and Light House
• Two of east coast best beaches within 90-min. drive; Popham and Reid
• Antique Browsing - in many towns and public sales in the area
• Sailing, fishing and island tours of picturesque Maine villages
• Close to the beautiful Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens
• Portland - beautiful sea-side city with professional sport teams, museums, boat tours, restaurants and shopping
• Augusta (our state capital)
• Brunswick -Bowdoin College, Maine State Music Theater, restaurants, and shopping
• Boothbay Harbor – botanical gardens, theater, restaurants, shopping, boat tours & more
• Belfast, Rockport, Rockland, & Camden - shopping, museums, hiking, boat tours & more
• Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park
Year Purchased: 1979
About: As a Maine native, Wilt grew up in Portland, Maine and attended Deering HS. He met Judy at the University of Illinois. After graduating, they both traveled through Wilt's Navy career and corporate America, returning to Maine in 2001. They are happily settled in their home near this cottage and enjoy the pleasure their cottage brings to others.
Why Newcastle, ME, USA:
This Maine lake property is a unique and beautiful spot near the ocean of Mid Coast Maine. This area has been associated with and enjoyed by our family for over 250 years, from the time of the founding of Damariscotta Mills, Maine.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
The property provides the serenity of the forest and the tranquility and beauty of the lake. The cottage proximity to local activity and services, as well as easy access to other areas of Maine, allows one the option to explore or just relax.
- Primary: +1 2075637077 Do NOT call after 10:00 pm Eastern Time
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.