About the property
- House1700 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
close to all attractions,Bryson, GSM railroad spacious master bedroom, direct TV
Mountain view, free WiFi, outdoor gas grill, Dog friendly, 2 dogs max, 40 Lbs max each, close to Casino, GSM railroad Hiking on property, biker friendly, close to everything yet private and perfect for family reunions or weddings. Flat screen direct TV Rockers on front porch with humming birds galore and Deer visit everyday.
This Cabin is part of community of 7 homes situated on 200 acres in a park like setting. We have years of experience in offering guests a secure safe place to relax and enjoy the mountain vacation of your dreams. We are family owned and want to share our mountain homes with you.
When you arrive your host Rich and Karen will greet you to help you settle in and address all your needs as they arise. Located not far off the main highway will give you the privacy you need as well as the convenience to Bryson City and all the surrounding activities.
Etta's house ….First time available in 2017 season for VRBO. Enjoy the owners of Settlers Mountain private estate home.. This home is well upgraded and equipped that sits on over an acre of manicured green grass with a creek running through the property. When you arrive you will cross over a creek on a small bridge that opens to flat green space that is the delight of this property. Enjoy from the porch the sound of the creek and a view of lush wooded Alarka ridge. Available is your own private pavilion immediately behind the house for outdoor meals and a covered RV/ boat storage garage.
If your are bringing your dog, please check the pet box in making your reservation or your reservation may not be validated. Only 2 dogs max and 40 lbs max each please.
At a glance
- Maximum Occupancy: 6
- Bedroom 1: Queen Bed
- Bedroom 2: Queen Bed
- Bedroom 3. Queen Bed
- 2 Full Bath
- private indoor Washer/Dryer
- Free Internet, satellite TV, DVD, 3 flat screen TV'S
- Dog Friendly, please indicate how many dogs & include the pet fee
- On site Concierge & Management
- A private Family Pavilion
- Hiking trail on site.
You have a full front porch over looking an expansive fresh mowed lawn. Sit back in the rockers and enjoy watching the humming birds and other native species feed at the feeders. You may even see the deer feeding under the crab apple tree in the front yard. This second floor porch gives you a great view of the surroundings
Hosts a gas BBQ grill
Your fully equipped kitchen comes with dish washer, microwave, coffee maker, tea kettle, toaster, pots and pans, cooking utensils, dishes and silver ware. You will find nothing lacking in this kitchen.
The whole home has real hardwood floors and central A/C and heat. Enjoy satellite TV, flat screen TV, DVD . There is a sofa in the living area with two comfortable lazy boy chairs .
A rectangular table seats six and has its own TV and small desk right off the kitchen
There are three bedrooms, all bedrooms have queen beds with plenty of room. The master bedroom has its own full bath and walk in closet. Clean linens are included.
Both bathrooms have a full size tubs with shower. Clean towels are provided.
Your laundry room is equipped with a washer and dryer.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 16, 2018
About Mary Kraft
Settlers Mountain was created to share the wonderful Great Smoky Mountains with friends and family. What started as a personal retreat turned into a family enterprise. Bert and Mildred Kraft loved the mountains and its local people so they settled in Bryson City and built Settlers Mountain (circa 1959). Bert, being a very industrious person with the love of architecture, built the homes on the mountain and refurbished a hand-hewn chestnut log cabin built in the 1840's, one of only five left in the area. Settlers Mountain is owned and operated by the Kraft Family and is enjoyed by five generations of Kraft’s. We welcome you to make Settlers Mountain your retreat and create a lifetime of memories. The Kraft Family
Mary Kraft purchased this House in 1959
Why Mary Kraft chose Bryson City
This property has 200 acres and yet near to town on paved roads. Very well maintained grounds that is wooded and quiet, close to all the action the area has to offer or just sit back and relax.Host on site.
What makes this House unique
This property has a huge front grassy front yard. You can hear the creek while you sit in the rockers on the front porch. Very updated furnishings. Also on the property a large RV storage for camper or Bus.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Perfect Mountain House
This house was perfect for me, my son, and two grandsons who were in the area to fish for the weekend. It was furnished with everything we needed and was very roomy. The boys had lots of yard to practice casting and do "boy" things. Will rent again.
Great place. Very clean and inviting!
The house was beautiful and well maintained. Has a full kitchen with a beautiful view over looking the front yard. Master room is spacious with a balcony off the room. The other 2 rooms were great sizes too Perfect for our trio. The blue ridge parkway and fall colors were beautiful.. The house keepers Karen was super nice and friendly gave a lot of great suggestions for things to do around the town. Definitely would recommend the house and stay their again!
Everything we hoped and more! Kitchen utensils of every kind, including BBQ tongs!
Comfortable, quiet and clean. Great value. Highly recommend staying at Etta's house! Loved the rocking chairs on the porch.
Very comfortable and clean
Great vacation at Etta's House. Hosts were great and communicated well. Property was very clean and comfortable. Easy to get to places near Bryson that we wanted to visit and loved the back deck and the hummingbirds. Deer in the yard almost every night. One of the better properties we've rented in the area in a while. Would definitely stay here again.
Home away from home!
Such a lovely home. Really felt like we were borrowing someone's home for the week - not a rental unit feel at all. Convenient to the area, yet very rural location.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
- Check-In: After 3:00 pm | Check-Out: By 11:00 am -When you arrive stop at the office which is the first house you see coming up the driveway and is clearly marked OFFICE. Our resident caretakers Rich & Karen will check you in and give you the key to your rental home. Should you need more information or help while staying on Settlers Mountain call them - Occupancy based upon the number of beds per cabin. You can not exceed maximum occupancy without prior approval by management. - Cleaning Fee of $80.00 - All cabins are "dog-friendly" for dogs up to 40 pounds; which must be approved by management at the time of reservation and a $50.00 pet cleaning fee will apply. If you are bringing your dog, please check the pet box in making your reservation or your reservation may not be validated. - 50% deposit required to confirm & hold your reservation: If you cancel more than 30 days before your reservation, your deposit will be cheerfully refunded. If the reservation is canceled less than 15 days prior to your arrival date, your deposit will be forfeited. - The balance of the reservation will be due 15 days prior to arrival: Cash, Personal Check and Major Credit Cards (Amex, Visa, MC, Discover) are accepted. - No refunds will be issued for early departure (including weather-related issues). - For the comfort of all our guests smoking is permitted outdoors only.