The apartment of 95 square metres (more than 1,000 square feet) consists of the ground floor of a Portuguese style art deco town house dating from the 1930s. It is located in a business district close to the historic centre. The apartment has been comprehensively renovated and consists of:
1. a large space (living room), providing a sitting and dining area as well as a desk. A sliding door divides this space into two separate, private sleeping spaces, one with a 140cm bed that folds into a wall unit and a comfortable, top quality sleeper sofa of 160cm;
2. a separate bedroom with a bed of 180cm wide;
3. a modern kitchen containing an induction cooker, oven, refrigerator, microwave oven, dishwasher and normal kitchen utensils, as well as cutlery and crockery for six persons;
4. a bathroom with a shower, wash basin and WC, as well as a washing machine.
5. a separate, second WC with a hand wash basin.
High-speed Internet (WiFi and Ethernet) and cable TV are provided at no extra cost.
Luxury quality bedlinen and towels are provided, along with shower gel, shampoo and soap.
Guests have direct access to the apartment and have unfettered use of the entire space. There is a separate buzzer / intercom for the apartment.
Moreover, guests are welcome to share the deck and garden with my partner and me. The apartment affords direct, independent access to the garden. My partner and I are gay friendly. We live in the upper floors of the house and I am available for assistance and advice. Between us, we speak English, French, Dutch and Portuguese.
A large supermarket and a range of neighbourhood shops are located within 2 minutes walking distance. It is located in a business district close to the historic centre of Porto, with metro stations (Marquês and Lapa) within less than 10 minutes and bus stops within 2 minutes walking distance.
Marquês metro station is on line D which runs from the São João hospital, through the historic centre to Villa Nova de Gaia. Lapa station gives access to all the other metro lines (including the line to the airport) and is a little closer, but the apartment is steeply uphill from there.
Various bus lines provide direct transport links to the City Hall (Trindade, Aliados), Boavista and the Casa da Mùsica, the sea front at Foz do Douro, the Campanhã railway station and more. All these bus stops are at less than two minutes walking distance.