At HERON 505 you can have it ALL – the serenity of the BAY and the excitement of the BEACH! Wake up to the breath-taking views of Choctawhatchee Bay, watch boats glide over the quiet waters near the marina, while you sip your morning coffee on the balcony and plan the adventures of the day.
Later, cross over to the beach side (quickly and safely via the private pedestrian bridge) – the sugar-white sand and emerald ocean waves await you there. Take a break from the sun and have lunch or a cocktail (with an ocean view!) at one of the beach-side restaurants on the Okaloosa Island Boardwalk.
Or perhaps you prefer to spend a lazy afternoon, no worries, no bustle, just the light breeze caressing the palm trees. If so, what better place than the Lazy River or the private pool for Heron guests? The children will enjoy the zero-entry splash pool.
Out on the beach the sunsets are unforgettable, orange and red and gold setting the clouds on fire. But once darkness falls the grounds of the Destin West Bay Resort light up with a sparkling display of illuminations. Perhaps another dip in the Lazy River after dinner is just what the doctor ordered?
Unit 505 Highlights:
** Spectacular Bay and Marina views from the living room and the master bedroom; Large balcony;
** Easy access to the Lazy River, Hot tubs, Zero-entry pool, Heron pool and covered parking;
** 2 King Beds! No bunk beds or "odd" sleeping configurations.
** Spacious living area and 3 bedrooms: no bunk beds or inflatable mattresses;
** Kitchen features stainless steel appliances, extra-quiet dishwasher, side-by-side refrigerator, granite countertops, built-in microwave, smooth-top range, fully stocked;
** All tile and hard-wood floor – NO dirt/allergen trapping carpet!
** Two full and one half bathrooms. On-suite master bathroom with Jacuzzi tub, walk-in shower, double vanity;
** Full-size washer and dryer,
** One complimentary Beach Service Set-up (One umbrella and 2 chairs) included.
HERON at Destin West Bay and Beach – Resort Highlights:
** Right on the Choctawatche Bay; amazing 10 mile water views;
** Lush, tropical grounds, beautifully landscaped;
** Four pools (one with waterfall), seasonally-heated pool exclusively for Heron guests;
** Two huge hot-tubs;
** 700' foot Lazy River Lagoon, brilliantly illuminated at night; (Inner tubes provided free of charge.)
** Quick beach access via a private pedestrian cross-over bridge to the Gulf side of the Resort;
** Full access to the Gulf-side pools and Children’s Water Garden;
** Fitness Center;
** Covered parking available;
** Convenient location, minutes away from Downtown Fort Walton Beach or Destin Harbor.
**PERFECT LOCATION FOR PERFECT VACATION!**
RESTAURANTS, BARS, AND ACTIVITIES WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE (Less than 1 mile)
• Eight Restaurants: ranging from extremely casual to upscale
• Fudpuckers: good food and casual fun for both children and adults!
• Gulfarium: Meet the Dolphins
• Okaloosa County Pier: Fishing tackle and pole rental
• The Board Walk Complex: Offers on the ocean dining, arcade, upscale shopping, bars, live music, playground for the kids, and volleyball courts
• Al's Beach Club & Burger Bar: great food and live entertainment right on the beach
• Alvin’s Island: Beach shop
RESTAURANTS, BARS, AND ACTIVITIES A SHORT DRIVE AWAY
• Publix Grocery: Store (less than 1 mile)
• Old Bay Steamer: Laid back excellent upscale broiled seafood
• AJ's Oyster Shack: Great sea food, live music, friendly staff!!!
• Helen Back Café: Excellent eat-in or takeout pizza, fun sports bar on the bay, live music
• Cash’s: Beer, Wine, & Liquor
• Harbor Walk Village: Shopping, Dining, Fishing Charter, and Boat Rentals (6 m)
• Restaurant’s at Harbor Walk: ten (6 m)
• Big Kahuna Water Park: Water Slides (8 m)
• The Track: Go Carts, Mini Golf, Bumper Rides, Sky Flyer, Bungee Jump, Arcade (8.8 m)
• Destin Commons: Upscale Open Air Mall (11 m)
• Silver Sands Factory Outlet: Over 100 designer brand name outlet stores (15.7 m)
• Rockin' Tacos Grill & Tequila Bar: fun, lively place with an open dining area overlooking the beach; Friendly staff and tasty food with a Mexican flare;
• The Boardroom Pub and Grub (Downtown Fort Walton Beach): over 80 craft beers, extensive wine list, eclectic and delicious menu choices, and a chance to meet the locals
• TASTE Tapas & Wine Bar (Downtown Fort Walton Beach): Fusion tapas, awesome wine selection and wine tasting events, friendly atmosphere and the best Sunday brunch
• Old Bay Steamer – One of the top picks for the locals and walking distance from Azure
• Marina Café – great ambiance and about eight minute drive away -
• Tailfins Ale House & Oyster Bar, Destin: fresh seafood and live music right on the water
• McGuire's Irish Pub – HUGE burgers, great Sunday brunch drink specials and authentic atmosphere (about 7 minutes away)
• Anglers - - good spot to eat with the kids, fun beach-side playground, right by the Pier;