Historic Home on the Shores of Lake Champlain(5 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Five bedrooms, four full bathrooms, two half bathrooms, sleeps 15
Nearly every room provides lovely views of the lake and the Green Mountain range. The kitchen has granite countertops, a four oven AGA cooker, and there is a teak table that seats 10. There is an additional pantry kitchen with an electric oven, and a second large refrigerator.
The 60 foot long screened-in porch has wicker furniture, a hammock, and a dining table.
There are two living rooms, one with a wood burning fireplace, plenty of books and board games. The second is even larger and has a gas fireplace, baby grand piano, and french doors leading to an open deck.
The south lawn is very flat and provides a perfect setting for tented events or a game of soccer.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- 6000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Housekeeper Optional
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 15
- Bedroom 1: The room is approximately 600 square feet with a balcony overlooking the lake. There is a beautiful view of the Green mountains. The room is located at the far end of the house and is accessed by its' own staircase and is very private. En suite bath Bedroom 2 A very large bedroom with windows on three sides and views of the lake, lawns and garden. There is a daybed that can be separated from the main bedroom by drawing a curtain at the end of the room. En suite bath Bedroom 3 Very comfortable room with lake views and en suite bath. Bedroom 4 Beautiful tower room with views to the west and the gardens. There is a single antique day bed. Bedroom 5 Twin bed room with lake views....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 : This en suite bath for master bedroom is a large, fully tiled space with wonderful views of the lake and the Green Mountains. Bathroom 2: An en suite bathroom with a view of Jay Peak and the lake Bathroom 3: En suite to bedroom three there is a large steam bath/shower in this bathroom Bathroom 4: This hallway bathroom is shared by the Twin bed room and Tower room. It is lined with cedar and has a tiled walk-in shower Bathroom 5: A half bath in the main entry Bathroom 6; A half bath also off the main entry...moreless
- There is a four oven Aga cooker in the main kitchen and a full sized electric oven in the pantry kitchen. There are full sized refrigerators in both the main kitchen and in the pantry kitchen. There is a large teak table in the kitchen that seats 10 and a table on screened porch that also seats 10. There are two living rooms--one with a wood burning fireplace and looks of books and the other a huge great room with a gas fireplace, baby grand piano and room to seat 45 or more. The house is set on three acres with 600 feet of private shoreline. There is a dock accessed by set a stairs a lake access for water craft via the adjoining private access area. If you would like to host an event on the property for more than 15 people, please contact us an we will work with you to make it happen. ...moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Mountain View
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 20 people
- Basic Soaps
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Mobile Phone
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Large Cooler
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Walkway To Water
- Wood Deck
Pool / Spa
- Steam Shower
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning $100
- Pet Fee $250
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Tax Rate 9%
The pet fee is non- refundable.
50% of Booking cost due at time of Booking. Remainder will be due 60 days before check-in.
Cancellations made more than 60 days before check-in will be refunded at 100%.
Cancellation made with less than 60 days notice will receive no refund.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
The property is adjacent to the 6600 acre Missisquoi National Wildlife Refuge where there are hiking trails, boating routes and the largest heron rookery in the eastern US.
We are only a few miles from the Canadian border and the wine and cheese trails of Quebec.
There are three golf courses within a short driving distance and 10 more within 35 miles.
There are a number of fine restaraunts within a 30 min drive--on both sides of the border
View of the house from the lake
Another view of the master suite
Twin bed room with lake view
Queen sized bed with lake view
view of the south lawn
Deck overlooking Maquam Bay
the tree swing
view of the screened porch
Master suite with a private balcony
Queen sized bed in the tower room
View from entry down hall to the dining room
Screened gazebo end of the porch
View of the West side of the house
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.