Set within 2.5 acres of private land, this magnificent 8 BR - 7 ½ BA Villa is nestled on top of a hill overlooking the wonderful Trasimeno Lake and is strategically located within a short distance from the lively town of Cortona as well as several other fabulous towns in Tuscany.
Surrounded by an exceptionally beautiful and well-designed garden, the villa is perfect to enjoy relaxing time with family & friends and caters to those who are ready to mix relaxation into the exploration of the most beautiful places in Tuscany & central Italy!
About the property.
After a complete renovation phase that lasted several years, where all of the original charm and architectural features were strictly maintained, the villa’s interiors have recently been meticulously upgraded to the highest standards.
The thorough attention to details, from the careful selection of the materials used, to the exquisitely appointed furniture and the selection of art hanging on the walls, has contributed into creating a truly unique space that perfectly blends with the villa’s original structure.
The villa is surrounded by 2.5 acres of the most beautiful Tuscan landscaping and features breathtaking unobstructed views on the Trasimeno Lake & its isles. The garden boasts several shaded areas and covered verandas (perfect for relaxing during the hot summer days or al fresco dining), a large private pool and a wood burning pizza oven, ideal for outdoors summer banquets.
The beautiful nature and lake can be enjoyed from almost every corner of the villa, from the living room’s front porch the water seems so close that it feels like it could almost be touched!...
Spreading over a surface of more than 5,400 square feet (500 sq.mt.), the villa offers its guests a unique blend of indoor and outdoor living, providing the perfect setting for a family reunion, a group of friends travelling together, or an anniversary celebration!
The cozy yet sophisticated and elegant atmosphere of the interiors, the breathtaking beauty of the villa’s garden & pool together with the fabulous views, make this property a truly unique gem perfect to hide away & relax, just steps away from the very best Cortona, the Trasimeno lake and its Tuscan surroundings have to offer…
The villa is ideally located only about 10 miles away from the wonderful town of Cortona, one of the most fascinating villages in Tuscany, and about 2.5 miles away from Tuoro sul Trasimeno, an ancient Etruscan city on Lake Trasimeno (central Italy’s largest lake).
Some of the country’s most famous and beautiful destinations such as Florence (75 miles), Siena (42 miles) and Rome (124 miles) can all be easily reached either by car or by train. The nearest main train station (of Terontola-Cortona) is conveniently located only 5 miles away from the property and feature several trains that frequently connect to Florence (just over an hour trip), Siena (about 1 hour & half trip) and Rome (about 2 hours trip).
The towns of Arezzo and Perugia are both within a 30 miles reach while the Val d’Orcia and the most fabulous wines paths of the region are both within a 22 miles distance.
Great local shops (including organic stores selling amazing locally produced groceries) and a supermarket can all be found at Touro sul Trasimeno, while the nearest restaurant is located within waking distance.
The lake offers a full range of activities including fully equipped beaches (reachable in just a few minutes), tennis courts, surfing, sailing, and water-skiing opportunities.
From its port it is possible to easily reach the Maggiore Island (one the three islands of Lake Trasimeno), which is a truly magnificent place still inhabited today.
The villa spreads over 3 floors and features a total of 8 bedrooms and 7 and ½ bathrooms, so it can comfortably welcome up to 15 guests.
- Fully furnished front Porch with adjacent external stairway leading to the First Floor.
- Entrance hall directly connected to the main Living Room, with adjacent inner stairway leading to the First Floor.
- Large Living Room with French Doors opening directly onto the front porch & the outdoor area, with working fireplace and Tv with Sky Satellite Channels.
- Office Room with French door and antique writing desk.
- Dining Room seating up to 18 guests, directly connected to the kitchen.
- Fully equipped kitchen (with fireplace, professional gas stove, oven, fridge & freezer, toaster, kettle, coffee machines, table for up to 8 guests), directly connected to the indoor & outdoors dining areas.
- Double Bedroom (King size bed) with en-suite bathroom (with both, tub and separate shower).
- Powder Room.
- Laundry Room.
An elegantly designed staircase leads from the Ground floor to the First floor of the villa, which comes with a total of 5 bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms.
- Furnished Covered Veranda directly overlooking the breathtaking beauty of the Trasimeno Lake.
- Living Room with French door opening onto the covered veranda.
- Master Bedroom (King size bed), with amazing lake views and en-suite bathroom (with tub & hand shower).
- Double Bedroom (King size bed) with French door opening onto the covered veranda and en-suite Bathroom (with shower).
- Double Bedroom (King size bed) with en-suite bathroom (shower) and direct lake views.
- Double Bedroom (2 large twin beds) with en-suite bathroom (tub & hand shower).
- Double Bedroom (King size bed) with en-suite bathroom (tub & hand sower).
- Spacious mansard “entertainment” Room with Pool (billiard) table.
- One double Bedroom (Queen bed).
- One single Bedroom (french size bed mt1,40x2).
- Bathroom with tub.
The villa’s private grounds are spread over more levels and feature extraordinary unobstructed views on lake Trasimeno & its isles. Description of the grounds:
- Gated parking area
- Private swimming pool (size 15 x 7 meters, 50 x 23 ft.); parasols and large shade pergola with plenty of lounges to comfortably accommodate up to 16 guests.
- Covered dining area for 16 right next to the wood burning pizza oven/BBQ, with direct views on the lake.
- Fully furnished covered front porch, with direct lake views
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Private swimming pool, size 15 x 7 meters (50 x 23 ft.)
- Barbecue and wood burning pizza oven
- Wi-Fi Internet
- TV with Sky Satellite Channels and Hi-Fi Stereo
- Windows screens in all bedrooms
- Central Heating
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Laundry Room
- 1 hectare (2.5 acres) of private garden
- Gated parking
About Cortona, the Tuscany region & Things to do in the area.
Cortona (10 miles away from the villa): recognized as one of the most fascinating villages of Tuscany, has incredibly managed to preserve its priceless heritage sites (various Palazzi, the Cathedral and the Diocesan Museum, where you can admire the beautiful Annunciation by Beato Angelico).
The city, enclosed by stone walls dating back to Etruscan and Roman times, sits on the top of a hill about 600 meters (1968 feet) above sea level, offering a spectacular view of the surrounding valley and Lake Trasimeno.
A visit to the beautiful Santa Margherita Sanctuary, patron of the city, and to the Girifalco Fortress should not be missed. Both are on the highest point on the hill and are easy to reach after a short, uphill walk.
There are many fabulous restaurants in the city, most offering traditional local and Tuscan cuisine (the Chianina cattle, one of Italy's oldest, high quality bovine breeds is bred in Valdichiana).
Arezzo (approximately 30 miles away): an extraordinary city of art renowned for its goldsmiths and antiques traders. The old town is home to valuable monuments including the imposing Medici Fortress, the Cathedral, the Diocesan Museum and the Basilica of San Domenico. The heart of the city is Piazza Grande, surrounded by buildings of various periods and styles - among them the Medieval towers and the Renaissance style Loggiato Vasariano. Not to be missed is their Antique market every first weekend of the month.
Val d’Orcia: About 20 miles away from the property (heading south-west) the beautiful Val d’Orcia region begins. This area of Tuscany boasts endless rolling hills covered with grain or sunflowers, a rich green valley and vineyards. It is no wonder that this territory, which stretches along the provinces of Siena and Grosseto, is protected as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Time seems to slow down for picturesque towns like Pienza, a real jewel known as the "Ideal City". On the west side of the valley are the walled medieval city of Montalcino (44 miles from the villa) and the vineyards of Brunello.
This region is very rich in high quality local products such as the "pecorino" cheese of Pienza (a typical cheese made with sheep's milk), the genuine olive oil, the gorgeous wine resulting from a long and ancient tradition.
Wine Paths: Great red wines are made in this area of Tuscany, Montepulciano and Montalcino are a must go for wine lovers. Montepulciano (which can be clearly seen from the villa’s garden and pool area) is only about 22 miles away and is distinguished from the many other historic “borgo” in Tuscany for its unique “underground” cantinas. Montalcino, already well-known for its fine red wines during the 15th century, has been made incredibly rich and famous by its Brunello wine, one of the world's best and most appreciated Italian wines.
The region also offers some of Italy’s finest thermal baths, such as the ones in Bagno Vignoni, Bagni di San Filippo, or Chianciano Terme.
Perugia (abt. 21 miles away): with its Etruscan walls and gorgeous Medieval center, Perugia is not only a city for the gluttonous (re: chocolate), but for artists and art lovers alike. This splendid capital of the Region of Umbria is also a culture capital par excellence. Perugia also hosts renowned events, such as Eurochocolate and Umbria Jazz (mid July).