About Leaning Palm Resort:
Located on a pristine three-acre paradise, Leaning Palm Resort is surrounded by a thriving jungle and the Caribbean Sea. Three simple, well-appointed bungalows dot the beach, set among lush tropical greenery. You can walk out your front door and onto the sand, with access to amazing snorkeling, fishing and jungle adventures. Couples, friends and families are all welcome.
Fresh, Locally Sourced Menu:
Wild Canes serves as your beachfront restaurant, bar and gathering spot. You'll sample delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner menus, all homemade from fresh produce harvested locally.
Relaxation and Adventure:
Watch the stunning sunrise over the waves, or sleep in and have coffee delivered to your door whenever you like. Try our fresh pineapple salsa served over the catch of the day for lunch, or pick up a snack bag for your afternoon on the boat. Start happy hour with Belize's very own Belikin Beer, a glass of cashew wine made right in Gales Point village, or a unique cocktail inspired by the many fresh fruits available from local farms. Then, sit down on the veranda for a sumptuous dinner and good conversation as you plan tomorrow's adventure.
Want to feel free of life’s worries, free of the pace of the rat race and completely surrounded in only nature – we are the only resort and the only residence for miles in either direction providing a unique experience not found in many places in the world. Take a kayak out and paddle in the Caribbean Sea free of boat traffic. Take time to admire the views of an unobstructed sea coast framed in the Mayan mountains. But don’t worry – the creature comforts of a comfortable bed, warm shower and good food are not sacrificed for this rare glimpse of nature’s coastal beauty untouched by development. And due to our unique location a variety of Belize’s adventures are close at hand. Book a trip on our private 35’ cruiser to a private 1.2 acre caye for some snorkeling in Belize’s famous coral reefs. Head to Bocawina National Park consisting of over 7100 acres of lush jungle, refreshing waterfalls and ancient Mayan sites where you can zip through the jungle tops and even rappel down a waterfall. Find yourself in the world’s first jaguar preserve and enjoy Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary’s jungle trails, amazing vistas and maybe even a little river tubing. Float through St. Herman’s cave system or take a swim in the interior Blue Hole’s turquoise waters or kayak to the nearby Manatee Spring through lagoons and mangroves for some lunch in the village of Gales Point Manatee. Whether you choose to relax on the beach in a swinging hammock or take in a Belizean adventure you will find Leaning Palm Resort to be the perfect home base.
How to get to Leaning Palm Resort:
There are 3 ways to get to Leaning Palm Resort:
• You can rent a car and drive here. This gives you the most flexibility with tours and allows you to be independent. We recommend Crystal Auto Rentals and they can also provide a cell phone for your use while you are in Belize. Once you have rented your car let us know and we will send directions to our spot on the beach under separate cover. Please note that during some times of year the roads can have some rough spots so it is best to have a 4WD vehicle. Approximate travel time is 2 hours.
• We can pick you up in one of our Jeeps from the Belize International Airport. Inquiry for pricing. Approximate travel time is 2 hours.
• We can pick you up in our boat named Jenny at the Old Belize Marina. For this option you pick up a taxi which we can arrange for you to ensure you get the best price. The taxi will transport you to the Old Belize Marina where we will be waiting for you in the boat for a cruise along the Caribbean coastline to Leaning Palm Resort. A flight arrival time no later than 2:30 p.m. is required for this option. Inquiry for pricing. The transport includes snacks and non-alcoholic drinks with beer and rum punch available for purchase on the boat. Approximate travel time is 50 minutes.
At Leaning Palm Resort complimentary sunrise coffee or tea service is available every morning starting at 5:30 a.m. so you can be on the beach to enjoy a beautiful Belizean day arriving. Sunrise service includes a fresh baked pastry.
Due to our unique off-the-beaten path location at Leaning Palm Resort our Culinary Package is available for meals which are served in our on-site bar and restaurant, Wild Canes. Please inquire for pricing. The Culinary Package includes a full breakfast, happy hour snack and dinner with dessert around the beach side camp fire (weather permitting). Lunch is available for an additional cost via our a-la-cart lunch menu. Please note that most excursions include lunch in the pricing.
Due to our licensing restrictions no outside food or beverages are allowed in the restaurant and bar area.
We have catered to Gluten Free, Paleo, Vegetarian, Vegan, Lactose Free and even Whole30 participants. Spicy or Mild; Anything yucky that you don’t want put on your plate; Any favorites or special requests; just let us know and we will do everything within our means to ensure your taste buds have a wonderful time in Belize.
Here is a sampling of some of the meals we serve at Wild Canes as part of our Culinary Package:
~ Breakfast (all breakfasts are served with house made fruit juice and fresh fruit):
• Wild Canes Breakfast Hash: an egg poached in a nest of cabbage, onion, sweet pepper and booty bacon then topped with cheddar
• Coconut Rum French Toast: house-made bread toasted in spiced egg and Belizean coconut rum batter then topped with fresh toasted coconut shavings and powdered sugar ~ layer on the coconut infused maple syrup!
• Starship Squash Omelet: sautéed starship squash, seasonal vegetables layered in a fresh made omelet and served with sausage links
~ Optional Lunch:
• Shrimp Tacos: pumpkin infused tortillas, grilled shrimp, fresh slaw, black beans
• Garnaches: fried corn tortillas with refried red beans, seasoned chicken, cheese and cabbage
• Makeral Panades: corn flour pockets filled with seasoned makeral and topped with a cabbage and radish salad
~ Happy Hour Snack:
• fresh mashed avocados and house made corn tortilla chips
• fried and seasoned plantain chips
• cassava crackers with garbanzo bean dip and olive tapenade
• wild canes snack mix: dried pineapple, roasted cashews, coconut flakes
• fresh baked pretzels with a trio of mustards
• Mestizo Tamales: maseca, chicken, mestizo sauce all wrapped and steamed in a banana leaf and served with black beans and corn tortillas
• Mayan Chirmole: a stew of chicken and root vegetables in black recado seasoning and served with pumpkin tortillas
• Beet Infused Flatbread: flatbreads made with beets and topped with sausage, purple onions, zucchini and goat cheese then served with a house salad and choice of dressing
You can check out TripAdvisor reviews for Wild Canes to see what others had to say about the food.
For lunch you can also venture into the village of Gales Point Manatee, home of Gentile’s Cool Spot where you can enjoy an authentic Creole meal and spend some time chatting with the locals. Hopkins village is also a great place to enjoy some great Belizean dishes and a fun little village to visit. There are several restaurant options in Hopkins which is about an hour and fifteen minute drive from Leaning Palm Resort.
While you are dreaming about your Belizean vacation we can work with you to plan and arrange excursions to meet your activity level and interests. We offer trips to the cayes for snorkeling or fishing or both, lagoon trips, kayaking and more. We can arrange tours with our partners for zip lining, waterfall rappelling, jungle caves, horseback riding, cave tubing, Mayan ruins, the famous ATM Cave, jungle hiking, river tubing, swimming beneath waterfalls and more! We can help arrange for guides and transportation for all of these adventures. Let us create the perfect itinerary for your time in Belize.
If you love animals you will enjoy spending time with Leaning Palm Resort's three overly friendly pit-bull mixes. They love people and enjoy going on walks down the beach, swimming in the sea, riding on the bow of a kayak, jumping off our dock to fetch coconuts and friendly scratches on the head. Come say hello to Mimi, Pita and Chumvi - they can't wait for you to get here!