'Shaka Hale' - Elegant Malibu Style Beach House on Kauai's Sunny West Side(16 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
This manager doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 4 Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths, (Sleeps 8)
The ultimate gourmet kitchen will impress even the most jaded chef with it's premium appliances, granite counters and of course, the best cookware available! There is of course an outdoor, gas grill for those special nights when you stay at home. You'll experience Hawaii oceanfront dining at it's finest!
The outside covered lanais are complete with pull down screens and sun shades to add a touch of airy privacy. No arguments here for two couples traveling together. There are two master suites, each with it's own bath and on separate floors! The house also has central air conditioning as well as ceiling fans in every room, even outside on the lanais! You may never want to leave, but be sure to save time to soak up some sun, take a swim or just walk for miles on the endless beach.
Watch the whales, surfers, sunbathers, swimmers, body surfers, wind surfers and of course, the magnificent westward views to the island of Niihau, 18 miles off shore, out in front of you. At night, the sounds of the ocean’s waves will rock you to sleep.
We have everything to satisfy your entertainment needs. There is high speed, wireless Internet access and free unlimited long distance calling anywhere in the US, Fax machine, stereo CD player, five televisions including a 32 inch flat-screen, DVD players and cable with all the premium channels.
Kekaha is located on the 'Sunny' west side of Kauai and is the western most town in the US. With an average annual rainfall of less than 20 inches, you are almost guaranteed a warm, sunny vacation, regardless of the time of year! Laid back Kekaha has no crowded beaches, no tourist traps, no hotel resorts, just sun, surf and people who remember what the 'Spirit of Aloha' really means.
Just two blocks away is the road that leads to the famous 'Waimea Canyon' and the 'Kalalau Lookout'. There are two major grocery stores less than three miles away and you are just minutes from the harbor where you can catch a sunset cruise along the NaPali coast.
This is 'Maui Wowie', but in Kauai !
** This property is an approved vacation rental Licensed by the County of Kauai. #TVNCU-5162** State of Hawaii Business Registration # W 20137880-01. 24 hr guest contact #808-639-0772 (guest emergencies only) Please do not call this # to book reservations
THIS IS WHAT OUR GUESTS ARE SAYING....
* The house was great and we had a fantastic time in Kauai. It is hard to get back into the daily grind again. I will contact you when we return to Kauai.
GUESTS FROM LA MESA, CA
* We had a wonderful time at Shaka Hale. We absolutely loved the house, it is truly a gem - fantastically appointed and very beautiful. Mahalo for introducing us to this beautiful place.
GUESTS FROM CONCORD, MA
* Our stay in Kauai was great. Much because of this impressive house and friendly locals. It is not often that a house is even better than in the pictures! As you know I am a real estate professional, and this kind of rental property is rare. The community of Kekaha was really friendly. We often recived mangos on our door step, and we were invited to the 4th of July fireworks with the neighbors.
GUESTS FROM OSLO, NORWAY
* It was wonderful beyond words! I wish I was still there. I can't recall the last time I felt that relaxed. The house had every amenity one would ever need and was very beautiful and comfortable. Would it be redundant to say we found 'perfection in paradise'? I will check your web site 'cause I'm coming back!
GUESTS FROM HOUSTON, TX
* Oh....Gosh....I really swear that we could write a book to you about this property! We had an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G time! The house was absolutely perfect and the fact that it was directly across from the beach was even more perfect! We spent every evening grilling and chilling at the kitchen table. Either telling stories or talking about what we had experienced that day. This was a TRUE vacation for all of us. There were NO complaints from my family. We all were very sad to leave Kauai. We had 10 days of total sunshine on Kekaha, regardless of what was happening on the other sides of the island. THAT to me was amazing! We would literally drive 5 miles away from the house into clouds, rain and wind. Head back to Kekaha and had total sunshine and 84 degrees! I hate to think of what will happen to that pristine side once others figure out how beautifully consistent the weather is. This will forever be a vacation I won't forget! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
GUESTS FROM Palm Desert, CA
* We've returned from Kauai and are finding it hard to adjust to the Norther California climate. We had two wonderful weeks in Kekaha, and Shaka Hale had a lot to do with it. It was perfect for our family. It's a great house, and we all loved staying there. Thanks for all your advice and assistance. Aloha!
GUESTS FROM OAKLAND, CA
** SEE MORE REVIEWS IN THE 'TRAVELER REVIEWS' SECTION BELOW **
County of Kauai Vacation Rental License # TVNC-5162
State of Hawaii Business Registration # GE-074-088-4480-01
24 hr guest contact: Sarah Grossmann @ 808-639-0772 (guest emergencies only) Please do not call this # to book reservations
Before making a payment, always call the manager at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2005
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 8
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Tourist Attractions
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer:
- Free Long Distance:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 1 - Dec 16, 2017
5 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
Dec 17 - Jan 5, 2018
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Processing $50
- Out-Clean (Includes tax) $313
- Tax Rate 13.42%
** 7 Night minimum stay required during the Holiday timeframe **
** 5 Night minimum stay required during the rest of the year **
(Exceptions considered to fill in smaller gaps between reservations)
Cancellation Policy: If a reservation is cancelled 90 days or more prior to the reserved arrival date, the deposit is refundable, (Less a $50 cancellation fee and a 3% (of the deposit) processing fee). If a reservation is cancelled within the 90 day prior period, the deposit is refundable only if the cancelled dates are re-rented. The cancellation and processing fees still apply.
We accept M/C, Visa, Amex and Discover as payment
50% Deposit required to confirm - balance is due 30 days prior to arrival
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Manager's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting manager when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Beachcombing, Deep sea Fishing, Surf casting, NaPali Cruises, Sugar Plantation Tours, Helicopter Tours, Kauai Coffee Plantation, Movie Theater
- Primary: (585) 314-6050
- Secondary: (585) 314-6050
Links to more information:
Experience 'Casual elegance' at it's finest
The ultimate gourmet kitchen
Ocean views from every window!
Tastefully and elegantly decorated
2nd Master suite which also include a full bath
Ocean side dining anytime you wish without ever leaving home!
Imagine! Photo by Christopher Becker
The 4th bedroom has 2 twin beds
Relax and enjoy the best views Kauai has to offer from every lanai!
Beautiful (16 mile long) Kekaha Beach
The oceanview master suite, complete with walk-in closet, full bath and jacuzzi!
The upper level living room, complete with a wet bar and 32' flat screen TV!
You may never leave!
Oceanview Jacuzzi - Photos by Chad Slayton
The 3rd bedroom features a queen bed & shares a 3rd full bath with the 4th bdrm.
Enjoy unforgettable sunsets every night right from your ocean side lanais!
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Contact the manager or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.