Gladiolus Getaway can be yours for an affordable vacation in the sun! Located at the quiet North end of Anna Maria Island, this charming 2-bedroom, 1-bath villa is a short walk to beautiful white sand beaches at Bean Point. The best swimming beach is on the Gulf side of the Point just a few minutes walk. The Rod-N-Reel Pier is right around the corner where you can enjoy a morning cup of coffee, evening cocktail, or simply watch the dolphins play. Visit a variety of shops and restaurants along Pine Avenue in downtown Anna Maria. Enjoy the Gulf breezes from the screened lanai or patio area. Living room has brand new leather couch and recliner. The bedrooms have a King bed and 2 twin beds (twins can be converted to a king). Amenities include free wireless internet, cable TV, Roku, telephone, washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave, and gas grill. Beach gear includes chairs, beach wagon, umbrellas, mats, and cooler. Occupancy limited to 4 persons, including children.
We do not require Saturday check-ins and check-outs, which makes it easier for you to book flights and get the best prices on your flights. We're close to 3 airports: Tampa International (56 mi./90 min drive), Sarasota International (20 mi/45 min drive), and St. Petersburg/Clearwater International (47 mi/75 min drive).
See our adjoining property "Gladiolus Hideaway" HomeAway listing #4625973. Rent both properties for a combined 4 bedrooms and 2 baths (8 person occupancy).
1. The unit is "turn-key" furnished. Towels & bed linens are included.
2. A beach wagon to haul your gear to the beach is provided. Umbrellas, folding chairs, beach towels, mats, and beach toys too.
3. Enjoy outdoor cooking on the gas grill.
4. Relax or dine on the screened porch with table and chairs or on the patio under the umbrella.
5. Master bedroom has a King size bed & the second bedroom has 2 twins. The 2 twin beds can be converted to a king size bed.
6. Bathroom has tub and shower.
7. There's also an outdoor shower spout for rinsing off after the beach.
8. The landline phone provides free local and long distance calling within the US and Canada.
9. Free high speed wireless internet.
10. TVs with Cable channels are located in the living room and master bedroom. There is a DVD player and Roku box in living room. Bring your Netflix or Amazon log-in information and stream all your favorite shows!
11. Games and puzzles for rainy days.
12. Sectional sofa and recliner make the living room a comfortable spot for reading or watching TV.
13. Ceiling fans in living room and both bedrooms.
14. Laundry room is complete with full size washer & dryer. Iron and ironing board provided.
15. We provide limited "starter supplies" including soap, a roll of toilet paper and a roll of paper towels. It is our goal to keep a variety of cleaning supplies on hand, but we can't guarantee that these supplies will be replaced between guests. We do our best!
16. The kitchen is fully equipped with dishes, pots & pans, utensils, microwave, Mr. Coffee 8-cup drip coffee maker, Keurig coffee maker, and dishwasher.
17. Park right in front of the cottage. Room for 2 vehicles (no RVs, trailers, or boats).
18. This property is a duplex with "back-to-back" entrances, not "side-by-side". You have your own private parking area, patio, and entrance.
19. We are located 6 houses from the beach access point at the north end of Gladiolus St. From there it's a short walk down a path between two homes to the beach. In recent years there has been an accretion of sand at Bean Point, so it's another short walk from the end of the path down to the water. All in all, about 5 minutes. A second beach access point at the end of N. Bay Blvd. (one street over) takes you over a wooden walkway right to the beach on the bay side of Bean Point.
20. We have a Property Manager on call in case of emergencies or maintenance problems. There is no charge to you for this extra peace of mind!
21. We use a cleaning service between guests and they do a great job. If you would like to hire them during your stay, please contact us or the Property Manager.
House Rules for Gladiolus Getaway:
We hope you have a wonderful vacation in Anna Maria. Please read and follow our "house rules."
1. Check-in and Check-out: Check-in is at 3:00 pm and check-out is 10:00 am. If we don’t have a same-day turnover, we may be able to accommodate you with an early check-in or a late check-out. Please check with Cindy.
2. Garbage: Trash pick-up is on Monday and Thursday. Recycling is picked up on Monday. All cans are located in front of the property. Please deposit your trash bags in the appropriate cans (green for garbage and blue for recycling). Do not wheel bins to the curb (City ordinance requires “side door” trash pick-up). Guests in the rear unit will also be depositing their trash in the same cans—please be accommodating!
3. Parking: Maximum # of vehicles permitted is 2. All vehicles must be parked in front of the unit with all 4 tires off the road. Boats, trailers and RVs are not permitted.
4. Noise Ordinance: The City of Anna Maria has a noise ordinance, which is strictly enforced. Quiet hours are in effect from 10:00 pm until 8:00 am daily. Violation can result in a fine and/or eviction.
5. Sunscreen: Do not apply sunscreen or sunscreen spray inside! It will stain the linens and furniture. Sunscreen spray will permanently damage and discolor the finish on the terrazzo floors and. Thank you!
6. Supplies: We provide a few limited “starter” supplies (a roll of toilet paper, a roll of paper towels, a small bar of soap). We aim to keep a variety of cleaning supplies on hand, but it’s not always possible to replenish these supplies between guests. We ask that you please leave whatever you don’t use for the next guest. If you purchase any supplies, you may take them with you when you leave or leave them for the next guest.
7. Linens & towels: The day of departure, please leave unmade any beds slept in furing your stay. Please launder all towels (inc. beach towels) except those you use the morning of check-out. We ask you to do this because of the short cleaning time between guests.
8. Dishes: Please wash and put away pots and pans before departure. Load and start the dishwasher.
9. Gas Grill: We make every effort to keep an extra propane tank on the premises. If you need a propane refill, you can take the empty tank to True Value Hardware, 5324 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach 34217, 941-778-2811. Cost is approximately $20.
10. Patio Umbrella: Please lower the umbrella when not in use & upon departure. It tends to blow over in high winds!
11. Internet, Cable TV, DVD, and ROKU: See detailed instructions located on the premises. Bring your log-in information for Netflix, Amazon, etc and stream your favorite shows!
12. Problems with Internet, Cable TV, or Phone: If you have any problems with internet, cable TV or phone service, call Spectrum at 1-855-657-7328 and ask for technical support. Spectrum requires that you be on the premises when the call is made.
13. Phone Number: We have a land line at the property. Our plan allows unlimited local and long distance calling within the United States and to Canada.
14. Mail & Faxes: Home delivery is not provided in Anna Maria City. Guests must arrange for a P.O. Box with the postmaster or have their mail sent “General Delivery”, Anna Maria, FL 34216.
15. Yard Service: Our yard maintenance service comes about every 2 weeks. They will be in and out quickly!
16. Accidental Damage: If anything is accidentally damaged (furniture, beach gear, linens, etc.), please notify the Owner or Property Manager.
17. Emergencies & Maintenance: We have a Property Manager, Fran Maxon Real Estate, Inc., located in the Island Sun Plaza at 9801 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria, FL 34216. Phone 941-778-2307. Property Manager is available to respond to emergencies or maintenance issues. For any other questions call or text Cindy.
Thank you and enjoy your stay!