Hus, 2 soveværelser + sovesofa (r), 1 Bath, (sovepladser 4-6)
Rygning ikke tilladt
Kæledyr ikke tilladt
park and beach close
Maks. antal gæster:4
Hvis opholdet afbestilles efter betalingen er foretaget, refunderes betalingen ikke.
Proceed with caution!
Proceed with caution!
The owner has been informed of a number of problems with this property. A call to confirm that the below issues have been fixed is strongly advised prior to reserving a stay.
1) Dirt, filth and decades of clutter everywhere.
2) This HomeAway owner believes their guests want to live among their old dust covered family pictures and memorabilia. We do not.
3) This home has a dark front yard with lighting that DOES NOT work. There are many dark steps to be navigated from the street parking to the front door, posing a huge safety/liability issue.
4) The closets, drawers and cupboards are filled with disorganized clutter, dirt and trash.
5) This cottage has so much potential but is currently the equivalent of staying in the back room of a Goodwill before they organize their donations. Same smells too.
6) “Historic” microwave needs to be replaced. It does not heat food properly.
7) Antique stove is hard to use and harder to gauge cooking times and temps with.
8) We arrived to closets that were packed with so many random items that they were impossible to use.
9) Hand held shower nozzle is the equivalent of showering with a metal hose.
10) The hot water heater went out during our stay and we waited for two days for the owner to return our phone call requesting help.
We are long time HomeAway fans who have stayed in many wonderful, CLEAN HomeAway properties. This is NOT one of those properties. Hopefully, the owners will do their part and rectify the above issues.
This guest was not happy. Unfortunately, we were never told this. I think he disregarded the description and pictures of our home and the fact it is nearly 93 years old and furnished with antiques and vintage books etc. This house is not empty or sterile as we do live there. Our over 100 guests have enjoyed staying here with none of these complaints.
The hot water heater did go out and unfortunately it took two days to replace it. In the mean time we offered the bathroom in our studio apartment for their use. When we offered the use of what was in our home the guests decided to totally rearrange everything in the entire house. It took quite awhile to find and put everything back in place . The closets and dressers have empty areas except for children's items in the guest room and extra pillows and blankets in the master bedroom.
Corona Del Mar has no street lights but we do have a front porch light that goes on automatically when some one walks up. This light was turned off when we got there after this guest left. We do have solar lights in the front and automatic lights in the back. We are checking those to make sure they are working correctly. The shower head is new and modern with lots of pressure.
The house is professionally cleaned before any guests arrive. We always offer housekeeping , but these guests refused to allow housekeepers to enter the premises during their stay.
This is the only negative review we have received after over 100 guest stays. We have many positive reviews and many repeat visitors every year.
BEST CDM Experience
This little cottage is everything one could want in Corona Del Mar—in reach of everything but past the craziness, and oh so cozy. Plenty of resources here, too, from bikes to plates to a great refrigerator. Plus the property manager is communicative and organized, giving everything you’ll need for a marvelous time. I’m now daydreaming about buying this house.
70th Birthday celebration
comfy beds great location, a little crowded good value. Hot water heater went out on day of no power and sick grandbaby. Second stay
so sorry they were not happy. The power was a city wide retrofit and the guests were notified before arrival that this would happen. The water heater was found to be not operating after service could be arranged but was fixed the next morning. We were on hand at the time but found we couldn't fix it. It is a relatively new on Demand water heater with more elaborate fixes.
My wife and daughters and I had a great stay at the yellow cottage. Fully stocked, comfortable and surprisingly spacious.
Thank you, it was lovely to have you stay!
Sweet little beach cottage, close to everything!
Anything you could want or need is at this darling cottage.