Bach or holiday home, 4 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, (Sleeps 6+)
About Russell Malone
In 2015 the Cossey and Malone families purchased the property 50/50 so we had somewhere for family and friends to spend quality time together. There is so much to do no matter what the weather or time of year. We've set the property up so that other people can enjoy the Lake Views experience too.
Russell Malone purchased this House in 2015
Why Russell Malone chose Tikitere
We were looking for a holiday home where we could entertain friends and family and were introduced to the area by friends. We immediately fell in love with the lake and the secluded location. The views from the property are stunning and the access to the water and surrounding means there is never a shortage of things to do.
What makes this House unique
Perhaps the best feature is access to so many activities in the immediate area. The property is elevated above the lake and has a secluded beach with jetty. Exploring, water skiing, biscuiting, boating, hot pools, fishing, kayaking or just bathing. The area around the house is surrounded by a pine forest which is great for walking, jogging, and mountain biking. The tracks wind their way through quiet pine forest and have great views of the lake and access to thermal areas including a hot water stream and pool.
Check-in: 3:00 p.m.
Check-out: 10:00 a.m.
Max guests:6 (sleeps up to 6 adults)
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
The property needed a good cleaning. It was difficult to find. We had no idea that it was miles down a gravel road.
Great hide away
Great hide away location. Many things to do and explore around the surrounding areas
Paradise not to be missed!
Amazing property and location. The peace and quiet and the view are stunning! The house and property are neat as a pin and well set up for a stay. Everything you need is there. The beds are really comfortable! A definite favourite of the places we have rented and we will stay again.
Private, peaceful and lovely
Fantastic lake house
The property is amazing - the perfect base for boating or relaxing. Thank you once again to our host Russell. Very welcoming and provides excellent communication from beginning to end.
Overall great experience. Nice secluded location and all facilities work well. Master bedroom view is a treat. Recommend.
At the house....
• Secluded beach and jetty.
• There is a jetty at the bottom of the stairs and a boat launching ramp 2 minutes from the house.
• Water ski lanes 200 m from the jetty.
• Manupirua Thermal Springs (5 minutes by boat)
• Okere Falls and the Okere Falls Cafe can be accessed by boat or car
• Mountain biking and walking tracks in the forest immediately surrounding house
• Trout fishing (permit required)
There are also a number of other activities close by including
• Mountain biking including the Whakarewarewa forest - 15 minutes by car.
• White water rafting and kayaking.
• Other spectacular hiking and walking tracks in the region.
• Hot pools and thermal attractions.
• Trout and fly fishing in the Bay area
• Many more local attractions.