Check-in: 3:00 p.m.
Check-out: 10:00 a.m.
Please Smoke Outside Only
Minimum age of primary renter:21
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
5 Night Stay - August 2019
Let me start by stating that there are some things needing addressed at this property, such as:
- The shower stall downstairs is not usable since the drain is clogged; it almost overflowed after only running the water long enough to get warm.
- There are obvious water issues in the lower level as it is very damp and musty smelling. Water damage is already visible in the downstairs bathroom; if not corrected, it’s going to do long term damage to this cabin.
- Because cell phone reception is so poor at this location (FYI: Verizon works on the deck and stargazing field!), it’s awesome that the owner provides a landline, but the cordless phone’s battery pack needs replaced very soon. It beeps “low battery” shortly after being taken off the charger base.
- The ceiling fan upstairs isn’t working properly (doesn’t spin) and lightbulb is burned out.
- The grill is disgusting and very used and desperately needs replaced.
- The 2 armchairs upstairs need replaced. The padding is so worn, the wood frame underneath jabs you in the back.
- While the kitchen is nice, some amenities need replaced, such as the can opener, knives (all are dull), and no measuring spoons.
I don’t want to “nitpick”, but at $370/night + taxes/fees, certain expectations should be met. My husband, mother and I spent a relaxing 5 nights at this, overall, lovely secluded cabin in the woods. It is situated perfectly for amateur astronomers such as myself seeking a dark sky experience. Even though only 2 of the 5 nights were clear for observing, with the naked eye we were able to see a plethora of stars and the Milky Way, and with my 6” Dob telescope, we were able to view a number of celestial objects, including galaxies and globular clusters thanks to the New Moon! Aside from the stargazing field, there are quite a few other perks about this rental:
- It’s pretty clean, cutely decorated, and feels ”homey”
- Although the cabin doesn’t have central air, because of it’s high elevation and being surrounded by trees, it stays comfortably cool inside. There’s also a window A/C unit in the master bedroom upstairs.
- The beds/mattresses are comfortable
- Lots of towels and washcloths are provided
- The on-site washer & dryer unit is very convenient
- The upstairs is great for hanging out, especially the bar. And the wrap around deck is great for relaxing w/plenty of seating.
Overall, we had a great time at this cabin in the Austin/Cherry Springs area and plan to return!
House was great and well stocked. The property is perfect for a campfire, looking at the stars, hiking, and relaxation.
Beautiful cabin and skies!
It was good to spend some time in the woods and get away from our electronics for a few days. The cabin was great and supplied everything you might need (it was nice to not have to worry about packing bedding, towels, kitchen tools, etc.). And, the skies were just incredible.
We had a very relaxing trip and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We definitely plan on returning some day!
Thank you so much for the kind words. The skies were truly amazing that week and we are glad we got to share them with you. Travel safe and know that you are welcome back any time, it was a pleasure to host you and your group. Thank you so much.
Beautiful cabin, excellent star gazing
Our family stayed at Blue Skies Lodge in June 2018 and everything was perfect. Cabin is beautiful and has everything you need on hand, other than food. We had excellent star gazing in the field near the cabin. Made s'mores over the outdoor fire pit. Watched DVDs on hand, played cards and games. Enjoyed the "off the grid" experience of no cell service, no wi-fi. Thank you for sharing our cabin.
Myself and 3 other friends were looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of Philadelphia and our jobs that require us glued to a computer monitor. The whole area of Northern PA is intoxicating, almost as if you're in a foreign country. Bob escorted us to our cabin and gave us a small briefing of the area before leaving us to our baser instincts.
The silence is almost maddening if you haven't had peace in quite some time. It actually takes a few hours to adjust to the calmness of everything but eventually you feel the stress melt off your shoulders. Words cannot describe how beautiful the cabin and surrounding area is. We spent an entire night building a camp fire and just taking everything in. There is a manicured plot of land that is great to lay a blanket on and just look at the stars. All appliances and furniture in the cabin are very homey and up to date, but I can assure you that you will not be spending much time inside.
We all had a deep feeling of bitter sweet sadness when returning to work on Monday after spending a mere weekend in this wonderful cabin. It is truly an experience of a lifetime with friends or family and I highly recommend it.
Wonderful weekend away
This was a great place to stay while visiting the many great parks in the area. The home is very comfortable and has everything you would need to have a great time. Chris and Handyman Bob were very informative about the area providing tips of things to do, maps, and available to answer any questions we had. Cell service is limited and you do need a 4wd car to get up the driveway in certain weather but it is worth it.
Thank you for you kind words Julie. We are so glad you enjoyed exploring, star gazing & hiking around here from the cabin in Coudersport, Pa, Potter County. We are very blessed to have many great natural areas and parks here. Cherry Springs State Park is a favorite of mine.
On a parallel with Cherry Springs State Park,Dark Sky Park. 10 Acre Star Gazing Field. Located in Potter County PA in the Pa Wilds