4 Bedroom/2 Bathroom Lake Front Home with 20 Foot Dock
Nancy and Mike Kelly
About Nancy and Mike Kelly
Mike is a financial services representative and Nancy is a registered nurse. We love the lakes area. We have 3 daughters and 6 grandchildren and they all love water sports and nature. Our home has been a great place to spend some time together. We have been renting our homes to travelers for over 25 years.
Nancy and Mike Kelly purchased this House in 2003
Why Nancy and Mike Kelly chose Hardin
We have been visiting the Lakes area for over 30 years. This is our second home on Kentucky Lake. We love the area because it is quiet with great fishing. We can just sit on the patio and watch the sun set or Great Blue Herons land or our dock. It has year around water at the dock.
What makes this House unique
Our home is close to the Land Beteen the Lakes Recreation Area. You can golf at Kentucky Dam State Park or at Boots Randolf Golf Course in Barkely Dam State Park. We are on a quiet part of the lake and a quiet neighborhood. We have the best location for sunsets. We are thrilled with our new remodeled kitchen, upgraded floors and carpet.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Pets allowed - Pets upon approvalPets upon approval
No smoking - Outside PleaseOutside Please
Max guests: 10
Minimum age of primary renter: 25
- Garbage to be taken out to cans at end of rental. Dishes to be washed or dishwasher run. Basement cleaning is not included so please leave clean
- Base rate is for 6 people (adults and children) Any number over 6 add $15 per day per person (adults and children)
Only thing i would do is even out the ground where the fire pit is. Had a little trouble sitting comfortably on a bit of a slope.
One of the best rentals we've ever stayed in, hand's down!
There is so much to say about this house that I doubt I can do it justice in this review. But I'll try...
1) The place is everything a great vacation rental should be. It has plenty of comfortable, nicely decorated, sleeping space so that no guess feels cramped or like they got a lesser room than someone else. From what we figured, the house sleeps about 12 to 14 comfortably, but you could fit more. There is a ton of quality seating everywhere you go. Seems minor, but when you're on vacation, it's not. Sit and watch the sun come up or the rain come down from the comfort of a couch facing a huge window overlooking the lake. Step outside and there are several new, sturdy, chairs on the spacious patio. Walk down to the dock and you've got a nice new bench near the boat slip.
2) It looks as though most of the work around the house was done by the owner, but no corners were cut. I often notice little things in rental properties such as poor caulking jobs, improperly cut trim, damaged screen doors, or wobbly tables. This house has none of that. The owners clearly do a really great job of maintaining the place and the decor was very nice, too. Really makes you feel at home.
3) Bumper pads on the boat dock to protect your boat. This seems minor but I've rented several houses that have a dock but no padding whatsoever. We tied up 2 bass boats to the dock and never had to worry about damage to the boats. We did need to bring our own bumpers, but that's not out of the ordinary. The dock also has power, which is essential for fishing boat storage. If you fish, you know why. We rented a great house on Tablerock Lake last year - HUGE dock. No power. Ugh.
4) The owners were extremely friendly and responsive. We asked a lot of questions and always got a quick and courteous reply.
5) Everything was clean a s a whistle. Bedding, floors, bathrooms, appliances, towels, .... everything.
6) The house is "bayside", as we called it. It's not right on Kentucky lake, but rather in a small creek arm separated from the main lake by a small bridge-covered pass. This has it's advantages. For starters, it was very peaceful and somewhat secluded. Secondly, one of our bass boats was only 16 foot long. On a day of high winds this boat could not go out on the main lake, but he could easily stay in the protected bay and fish all day. The boat ride to the main lake is, quite literally, 2 minutes.
I think that sums it up. We will be back!
Lots of space
The pictures do show all the rooms but they seemed so much bigger once there which was great for the larger group we had. Dock was great, although a little steeper to get down then we first thought, absolutely manageable. And directions to property and boat launch were great
Work with Renewal
Our ministry rent this home for all the ministers to stay it was amazing for all!! Your missing out if you don’t rent this home!! The photos of the lake does not do it justice and the owner was very helpful with everything thank yo
Beautiful home, beautiful view!
Mike was easy to communicate with, the house was so nice and spacious. My family truly enjoyed our stay.