1300sq ft apt 3 bed/2 bath near to Fuxing SOGO
- english, french, spanish, italian, mandarin, Japanese
About Jennifer Smith
My name is Jennifer a Japanese American doing broadcasting in Taiwan. I'm a fun loving traveler that has been all over the world. I have lived everywhere from Hawaii, London, and Africa but decided to move to this little Island of Taiwan that I truly just fell in love with. I love singing, dancing, and meeting new people. Hope you take as much detail to taking care of my house as I did making it a place you will fall in love with.
Why Jennifer Smith chose Taipei
Across street from SOGO and hottest shopping East District in Taipei. Conveniently centrally located for traveling in Taipei. Be made sure the house is well insulated from outside noise with modern appliances and built with new organic building materials. I chose furniture and appliances that are eco friendly and want everyone to enjoy the family friendly residential apartment.
What makes this Apartment unique
Eco friendly linen, with green appliances and furniture. It's literally across the street from two big malls with food court and restaurants. Many nice restaurants western and local.
Check-in: 4:00 p.m.
Check-out: 11:00 a.m.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Location was good for getting around and easy access to everything. It is a busy location so if you are looking for a quieter setting, not your place. Owner was attentive when we had questions. Tried to cook some and the kitchen isn’t outfitted with pans large enough to cook for four. So that is my main recommendation is to have better pots and pans. Otherwise very comfortable for a 15 day stay.
We rented the apartment for almost 2 weeks. It was super clean. Nice layout for 2 moms and two 2 tweens who shared a room. Small kitchen but adequate to prepare a few simple meals and snacks. The bedrooms were all good sized with comfortable queen beds and nice linens. The master bathroom was nice but I never went in the other one. It was very convenient to have the washer and dryer.
What we loved most as the location! Lots of shopping and restaurants close. 3 SOGO's within a few blocks, including Din Tai Fung and food courts. Great grocery store in the basement of one with lots of take out food. Every day grocery store across the street. Very safe and comfortable area to walk around. Every service you can imaging within a few blocks. MRT entrance was 1 block away so we could be anyplace in the city quickly.
David was easy to work with. He grew up in the US so communication was easy. I am hoping he will add a King bed so I can rent the apartment again when I return with my 6'5: hubby!
This is a wonderful place, good location, clean rooms and responsible owner, our five nights stay are very comfortable
Great for our family of 4!
The location was fantastic and apartment roomy for the 4 of us. David was super helpful with suggestions and very responsive when posed with questions and concerns.
Center Of It All
Great location, clean and close to everything from shopping to clubs (right across the street), to MRT within walking distance. David the host walked us thru the place and was easy to contact if you needed anything. I will recommend this place!
My family loved the apartment but most importantly, we had a fantastic experience with David the manager. You can't ask for better!
There is a nice breakfast store near the house called "Full Want", there you can have Taiwanese tradtional breakfast, it is in the back of SOGO Chungxiao Mall and the famous "AY-CHUNG flour-rice noodle" is also nearby. There are all sorts of dishes at food courts of both SOGO malls including the famous restaurant "Din Tai Fung", u can have the most delicious dumplings there. There are also some nice restaurant, Thai, Japanese, American, and even Italian food, you can get it easily in this neighborhood. There's a City Super Supermarket downstairs of SOGO Fuxing Mall.
-HELP US PLAN YOUR VACATION:
This means give us your itinerary asap, (give us flight details, estimated time of arrival to apt. Tell us when your estimated departure time is, we need to schedule cleaning service and meet you, inspect place, and get keys from you and show you out.
-Keep in touch during your visit, airport offers affordable sim or phone rentals and money exchange 24 hours a day you can book in advance so they’ll have ready for you when you arrive; your own phone is also fine.
Insured shuttle service to and from airport:
$40usd or 1200nt (1-4 people)* $50usd or 1500nt each way (5-8 people)*
*Drivers are familiar with routes, addresses, and phone numbers. The approximate location of our place is on the map.
We know plans change and that’s not a problem just let us know!
Please call us so we can let you into the premises. We will meet to give you keys and show you around please don’t arrive early without informing us and wonder around. Let us to show and take you around without your luggage. The house is on the famous Zhongxiao Fuxing area so it'll be easier to let us speak to your driver directly. If you are taking mass transit we meet at the MRT Zhongxiao Fuxing Station Exit 3.
Restaurants we recommend
1. Ding tai fung: of course the most famous dumplings in the world with great service, you don't need to go to the original one to get the same quality and service.
2. Hutong, Kanpai, DaWang: Japanese Yakiniku, Hutong & Da Wang are upscale, Kanpai (Dunhua), has more a bar feel, All you can eat places all over (I like the ones in Ximen).
Link: http://www.hutong.com.tw/ ; http://www.kanpaiyakiniku.com.tw/
3. Fuhang Soy Milk: The most famous Yonghe Soy milk in all the world, be prepared to wait in line like Ding Tai Fung, exit 5, 2nd fl. of Huashan market Shandao Temple MRT.
4. There are so many great restaurants dotted along both sides of Civic Boulevard Section 3 to 4, they include Hutong and late night Tripod (Ding Wang) Spicy Hot pot.
5. Addiction Aquatic Development: live, cold, grilled, steamed, well any type of seafood, you have come to the right place. A bit pricey but a great experience.
6. Lehua and Ningxia Night market: Lehua night market is in Yonghe one of the best local best kept secrets, you might be the only tourist there. Ningxia has good food also.
7. Great restaurants in ATT for Fun, Mala Hot pot(Haidilao) get ready to wait 3 hours for a table, (upscale Kanpai), Kpop Korean and Hutong at NEO 19 in the Xinyi District.
8. Other places i like are Kiki's brand restaurants, a bit overpriced since you can get lots of the food they serve cheaper, but overall its good quality and most dishes are good.
9. So many Thai and Korean places which come in various prices, pretty much all the same to me. Andy Thai for budget and VeryThai in NEO 19 or any branch for upscale.
10. Try http://hungryintaipei.blogspot.tw/ with reviews and pictures, for the most part its accurate and introduces lots of places at the very least, some are outdated.
11. I really enjoy places, like Cash City (hotpot), Fast fry places where locals drink beer in small uncomfortable stools and eat yummy flavorful food to wash down the beer.