Evolve Vacation Rental
- english, french, german, spanish
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 4:00 p.m.
Check-out: 10:00 a.m.
Minimum age of primary renter:25
Great getaway and privacy is awesome
Me and 3 friends just wanted a getaway and this was the perfect place surrounded by woods and the hot tub was amazing best part was sitting on the front porch drinking coffee
Can use some improvement
Although overall we had a good experience, I do have a few suggestions on how to improve the stay for future guests.
1. I called in advance to make sure that we would have extra bedding for the pull out sofa bed due to the fact that 2 couples were staying at this cabin and could not utilize the twin beds. We were told that everything is provided in the cabin. Upon our arrival, we checked the whole house and there was no extra bedding for the sofa bed. We did not have a bed sheet, pillows or comforters. We wanted to give the property manager a call so that they could provide some extra bedding but none of us had service the entire time we were in the cabin.
2. I also tried to see if I can email the property manager to reach out about my concerns but the WiFi did not work. I do not think that free WiFi should be advertised because there was poor connection.
3. The flat screen TVs were no use either because the local channels or any channels for that matter , did not work due to the secluded location of the cabin. The only thing that worked were the DVDs. Netflix and Hulu would not load due to fact that the WiFi had poor connection. Therefore I do not think that Netflix and Hulu should of been advertised in the listing of this cabin.
3. There were not enough toiletries in the cabin for a place that “claims” to sleep 5 people. We had 4 adults in the house and only 2 smalls rolls of toilet paper for a 3 nights stay was definitely not enough. We constantly had to go to the store to pick up extra items we needed. For example , one roll of paper towels was not enough, one laundry detergent mix and one dish washing powder was not enough for a 3 night stay for 4 people.
4. We were forced to eat our meals outside on the picnic table because there was only 1 small table with 2 chairs provided in the kitchen and there was no dining room. Once again , definitely not big enough for 5 people like this listing claims.
5. The images online were deceiving and made us think that this cabin was at least 2 stories. Once we arrived , we were disappointed to see that the cabin was poorly constructed and it was only 1 level and the walls did not reach the ceiling which gave us no privacy. Every little sound was heard by the whole house. Bottom line is , I believe this cabin is big enough for 1 couple and not 2 like advertised. Also the cabin was dirty , very dusty, filled with spider webs and the bathroom looked like it wasn’t cleaned for at least 1 month.
Angelina, we're happy to hear you had a nice stay overall! The homeowner has high standards for their property and they're sorry that cleanliness and maintenance issues impacted your stay. They are working diligently to address these concerns to ensure that they do not recur for future travelers. Additionally, because of this cabin's secluded location, sometimes the weather can affect the internet connection. And, there is no cellular phone service in the area, thus why the owner provides an internet-based cordless phone. We're going to update the listing to make sure this is more clear for future travelers. This vacation rental also provides the industry standard amount of toiletries, kitchen supplies, and other essentials; however, we apologize if you found that not to be enough for your stay. Evolve also takes the accuracy of our listings seriously - it's one of our 4 Core Property Standards. We only use professional photographers so we can be sure that our images accurately reflect each property. This home is exactly as pictured online so that travelers can decide if it's the right rental for them before booking. We wish you the best in your future travels! Best, the Evolve Team
Nice single family cabin
Cabin was a nice cabin in a nice secluded spot. Biggest complaint about the cabin was cleanliness. Needed a deep cleaning before we felt comfortable. After that it was nice. The wifi could use improvement. Not sure
If thats a mountain thing or of could be improved.
Over all its a nice single family cabin in a beautiful location.
Nice for the price
Location was great if you’re looking for something really secluded—it does take a bit of a drive to get downtown. Be sure to take DVDs if you want to watch tv. There is no cable; they have access to lots of streaming services, but internet is so poor we weren’t able to get anything to play the whole time we were there. Overall, the cabin was clean, but there were dirty dishes in dish washer from previous guests. Detergent was still in dishwasher, just hadn’t been turned on. We also didn’t use hot tub- went out the first night and there were dead slugs in the bottom— this is a very remote cabin and there will be wild life and creepy crawly things. I’m from the country, but I was just a bit grossed out by this. You can see cars passing by from the front porch, but it still feels private.
Lovely property with plenty of quiet.
Cabin was very nice and well stocked. I do suggest bringing heavier skillets if you are a discerning cook. The cooktop was a bit unpredictable, and the light weight skillets tended to make burning food easy. Please post the phone number for the landline and make guests aware that outgoing calls are unlimited.
Cozy Little Gem
We were looking for a place to hibernate for a couple of days and this was the ideal spot. Clean and quiet; affordable and well-appointed. The key pad was simple to operate and the interior of the cabin was neat as a pin. The kitchen had plenty of cooking equipment and dishes. The hot tub was ready to hop in and there were plenty of towels. The Roku offered all the streaming services we were familiar with and the dvd player was easy to operate. This sweet little cabin is in a really remote location. If you come from the Maryville side, be prepared for really curvy roads too narrow for yellow lines. From the Pigeon Forge side, the lines don't end until about 1/2 mi. or less from the drive way. We discovered Whaley's grocery about halfway to Pigeon Forge. It provided some forgotten essentials and some homemade treats to try.
There were a couple of trivial issues:
-We had to gather remote controls and shuffle batteries to get one remote going.
-We were unable to figure out how to unlock the back door. But felt safe and weren't going anywhere once we checked in.
-It had been some time since anyone had swept behind the bathroom door (it felt just like home). I informed management of these details via a handwritten note, and based on the neatness and comfort of the cabin, feel that they are already dealt with and would not be a concern for future guests. I would definitely encourage friends to choose this property and hope to return again.