Know before you go
This area may have travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, hot tub, games room, 3 acre garden
- Two double bedrooms, one with king-size bed and the other with double antique French bed. - One twin bedroom. - One bedroom with bunk beds which the lower bunk is a single size bed and the upper bunk a 2ft6 mattress. - Additional sleeping available on request using either the sofa bed in the twin bedroom (creating a family room) or in the games room (ensuite toilet). - Additional Z bed is available for children within the larger double bedroom (charges apply)
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - We provide equipment for babies and children.We provide equipment for babies and children.
Pets allowed - 2-3 well behaved dogs (more under prior approval)2-3 well behaved dogs (more under prior approval)
No smoking - Strictly no smoking permitted within the house.Strictly no smoking permitted within the house.
Max guests: 10 (sleeps up to 9 adults) - Beds for 7 adults and 1 child. Sofa bed available Beds for 7 adults and 1 child. Sofa bed available
Minimum age of primary renter:
- Parking Please do not park on grass areas. Adequate space for 4-5 cars.
- Log basket 2 baskets of complimentary wood, additional wood charged at £5 per basket
- Hot tub Please follow the instructions given via text message about the use of the hot tub during your stay.
Cleaned with disinfectant
High-touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant (e.g. countertops, light switches, handles and taps)
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
All towels and bedding washed in hot water that’s at least 60ºC
About Amanda and Chris Mallett
We have three children and 2 chocolate Labradors. We enjoy spending time together on holiday and love the tranquil relaxing home from home we have created. We have hired many holiday homes over the years and now have a good idea about what makes a great holiday home. We hope that we have used our knowledge to create a wonderful holiday location for others to enjoy too.
Amanda and Chris Mallett purchased this house in 2013
Why Amanda and Chris Mallett chose Presteigne
Quarry House sits on the borders of both Powys and Herefordshire. We originally looked to buy a holiday home in Herefordshire where we had enjoyed a fabulous holiday the previous year. Herefordshire is a hidden gem of England and one of the best kept secrets as a place for wonderful holidays. Please keep our secret and join us in enjoying a beautiful part of the country.
What makes this house unique
The views from Quarry House are it's best feature. Watch the Herefordshire dairy herd in the morning charging across the fields to be fed. The walks direct from the property are fantastic for walkers and dog owners. Our dog enjoys the 3 acres of garden to explore. The house is well equipped for families with children. This house is our family home from home and we hope that you enjoy the comfort and facilities that we have available to our guests.