Know before you go
This area may have travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
2-Bedroom Timber Cottage with Large Living Room/Kitchen in a Rural Setting
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Pets allowed - No pets on furniture or beds, bring own dog bed.No pets on furniture or beds, bring own dog bed.
Max guests: 4 (sleeps up to 4 adults)
Minimum age of primary renter: 25
- Maximum occupancy is 4. Parties and dinner parties including people not included in the original booking are not allowed unless by prior arrangement.
- Pets are allowed by prior arrangement but are not allowed on any of the furniture. Please bring your own pet beds
- We absolutely do not take Hen or Stag parties. We will refuse entry if we suspect that the cabin has been booked for a Hen or Stag party.
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
Cleaned with disinfectant
Property has guest safety measures
Hosted by Fiona RiceAsk a question
About Fiona Rice
Hi, I'm Fi ('Fee' - short for Fiona). I was born at Belstane and have lived here most of my life - when I wasn't pursuing my career as an international water skier I returned to take over my parents' farming operation with my husband Dave. We down-sized our farming operation a few years back but Belstane is still a working livestock operation. This is a lovely place to live and we thought we'd like to share it with you.
Fiona Rice purchased this House in 2016
Why Fiona Rice chose Kirknewton
As we already said, we love living here, it's very rural yet there's loads going on and it's just a bus or train ride from the nearest village into Edinburgh with all that that city has to offer. We thought we'd like to share Belstane with you (we like having people around) so we decided to build a cabin in our hay field. The cabin sits on its own and you'll be able to enjoy the local wildlife, as likely as not, if you're an early riser, seeing deer in the field or wood adjacent to the cabin.
What makes this House unique
The cabin is in a very rural and private setting, sitting on its own in tree-fringed fields. Here you can enjoy everything that a country holiday has to offer from walking & cycling to golf and fishing with many more sports that you might like to try your hand at such as clay pigeon shooting or rock climbing.
Property managers rent properties as a business.