Pool / Spa
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children not allowed
Max guests: 2
Cottage in Oliveto Sabino
The house is located in a beautiful area. There are some pro's and cons about this house:
- beautiful area in Oliveto Sabino and near Lago di Turino (20 minute drive)
- lovely cottage
- beautiful garden and surroundings
- English speaking (friendly) host.
- bed (sleeping couch), no good body support (and very old?), squeaky
- no airco or fan
- no oven
- cottage is situated in the garden of the host so you have to comply to some rules. E.g. close gate in garden because of the dog, no swimming on particular hours (12-13 and 17-18). Btw: the dog is very friendly. The fact that the cottage is in the garden of the host should have been mentioned on forehand.
- location on map in Homeaway is not correct, this should be fixed so you can find the house more easily.
Despite some cons we had a wonderful time, the area is very green en truly beautiful!
How do you arrive
Exit from highway A1 at Roma Nord-Fiano and take Via Salaria, direction Rieti. At km 56 turn right and go straight to Monteleone Sabino (km 4,6). From there go to Oliveto (km 6). As to reach a small tabernacle turn left and go straight to piazza Croce. Turn again left and take via Sorano; 600 m. further is the entrance to our property.
The house is in a rich historical setting, deep in uncontaminated hills and valleys, were old traditions survive and food is save and delicious. Close to Oliveto is Monteleone Sabino, where are the remains of an ancient Roman city, called Trebula Mutuesca, and Santa Vittoria, a delicious Romanesque church; not far is the Francigena Route on which pilgrims travelled going to Jerusalem. Of great interest are the Abbeys of Farfa and Vescovio; the former founded in Carolinian times. Many castles in Sabina were founded in the 11th century: Roccasinibalda is the most beautiful example of military architecture; worth seeing are Contigliano, Labro, Collalto and many others. Rieti is the capital of the Province; surrounded by beautiful medieval walls, it preserves a roman bridge on the river Velino and a subterranean town built by the Romans n the 1th century a.d. Another interesting visit is the Villa of the Roman poet Orazio, situated in a natural reserve, called Monti Lucretili. The Marmore Falls are a must: the setting is extremely Romantic and it as been visited by the English poet Byron. The springs of Santa Susanna and the Mount Terminillo (2200 m) are ideal for trekking, while the beautiful lake of Turano is the right place for nautic sports and good local food.
Claudio Massimo Cesaretti
- english, spanish, italian