4 persone, 2 letti, 2 camere, 2 bagni
Camere da letto
In Primo Piano
Regole della casa
Feste/eventi non ammessi
Animali domestici non ammessi
Età minima dell’affittuario principale:18
Politica di Cancellazione
Rimborso del 100% per le cancellazioni effettuate 14 giorno prima della data di arrivo. Rimborso del 50% per le cancellazioni effettuate 7 giorno prima della data di arrivo.
The View is Worth It
Let me start by saying the view was the reason for booking this property, and it did not disappoint. Amazing panorama of Lake Como that we thoroughly enjoyed.
Having said that there are a couple of process and stocking changes that could be made to greatly enhance the quality of a guest's stay.
1. The first is the check-in. The owner has gone to admirable lengths to document the arrival process with an 8-page primer and it still wasn't enough for the four seasoned travelers in our party. The unit key is kept in a different location than the unit itself and it took quite a bit of sleuthing before we finally figured out where. Our recommendation is to co-locate the lockbox near the front door to facilitate check-in.
2. Second is stocking the kitchen. The location of the property is up a very narrow, challenging set of switchbacks from the town. So popping down to the store to grab supplies is a thing. Almost all VRBO locations we've stayed at had the basic condiments in the kitchen, and typically coffee as well. This unit had none, not even salt and pepper, which made the first night's meal interesting. Not mandatory, of course, but as a long-time VRBOer something we had come to expect. Recommendation is either to stock the basics or explicitly call out that you haven't.
The rest of our peccadilloes were minor. No AC is typically not a problem in Italy this time of year but of course not this time. And our criteria of two rooms and two bathrooms was met, but one of them bathrooms was on a different floor than the bedrooms.
So nothing that would prevent us from coming again, just nice to know stuff that will hopefully enhance your experience.
Hello Darren, We appreciate your comments and so pleased you had a great time.. We have sent your feed back to the local office. We hope you took home some happy memories of Lake Como and it was a pleasure having you here. Great to hear you would return! :)
Highlight: Spectacular View (but keep reading)
This property is in great condition and offers an amazing, truly panoramic, view of Lake Como. That said, there are several reasons why we would not rent it again:
1. The property provides little to no information to orient the visitor to the area. I called to ask and had a prompt and polite reply, offering restaurant recommendations all through the wider region. However, there were no instructions specific to the property itself.
2. Take note: the location is 1000 ft above the lake, with a very steep walk to any restaurant/bar. We had been hiking in the Dolomites and were looking forward to a respite. But it was truly work to get anywhere.
3. There is no air conditioning. This was a problem especially because the late afternoon sun bakes the beautiful terrace, which means it’s important to keep the house closed up until close to sunset in the midst of summer heat.
We did find two walkable (with a sweat) restaurants: one above the property and one below (about 20 minutes each way). They were acceptable but not spectacular.
I will say this is the first negative-ish review I’ve ever given on VRBO properties. It’s the first time that I feel as if our choice of property adversely affected our experience of the area. Even if your aim is to go and stay put, I’d avoid this option in the midst of summer.
I write this simply to round out the glowing reviews that led me to choose it in the first place.
Alto Perledo Panoramica
Waking up to this view every morning was lovely. Our 2 1/2 days at the house was the perfect little relaxation from our hectic 16 tour of Italy. There is a nice local bar about a 15 minute walk down the road - La Fontana - they only speak Italian so make sure to brush up on the language. We loved lounging by the pool. We took a day trip to Bellagio and into Verena but we all wished we had just stayed at the house all day! The wifi seemed to be working, but we were unable to connect, which ended up being a good thing. We were completely disconnected for the time there are enjoyed it. House was clean and had all the cooking utensils you'd need. We'd stay here again.
Alto Perledo Panoramica
If you're willing to trade proximity to the village for a fantastic view, then this is definitely the place to book. I've never seen such an amazing view on Lake Como before. There really isn't anything bad I can say about this place. It's a little on the pricey end of the spectrum, but you get what you pay for. I recommend paying for a day pass on the ferry. It's the perfect way to see the different towns in the area without the hassle of driving everywhere. You'll have to pay for parking in Ravenna, but it's affordable. Overall, well worth a visit!
Alto Perledo Panoramica
Appartement Alto Perledo Panoramica was highly recommended, beautiful, clean and tastefully decorated and equipped, also as regards crockery and glasses, was all in sufficient quantity (and more) available. We were pleased with the welcome greeting in the form of a bottle of sparkling wine, chocolate brioche and an emergency ration milk! The apartment was the eye very generous, with plenty of space, terrific. Due to the wind (and the early season) we were not quite as much using the spacious balcony as we had hoped that, but also from the apartments and the bedrooms, we have the look very genosssen. For us, only the location away from the City Centre (Perledo or Varenna) was some getting used, because we do like to as much as possible on foot, unless the response to the Baker, the bar or a nice restaurant. Basically the starting Varenna was surprisingly beneficial, however since the ferry to the other side or after ball premium hourly are sufficient.
Highly recommended for garden lovers in any case visit the Villa Monastero, Varenna, Villa Melzi in Bellagio and Balbianello in Lenno (opposite). We like to come again and would test also the various hiking trails along the Lake.