Your Perfect Cottage Get Away ... Romantisk for 2, men soveplass til 10
Fester/arrangementer ikke tillatt
Røyking ikke tillatt
Kjæledyr ikke tillatt
Maks antall gjester:10
Trash comes on Friday mornings. Please take trash bags to the street bin before pickup. **Charges will be incurred if this is not done.
100 % refunderes hvis avbestillingen gjøres senest 60 dag(er) før ankomstdato. 50 % refunderes hvis avbestillingen gjøres senest 30 dag(er) før ankomstdato.
Great service and an awesome weekend
family and I had a wonderful experience, owner was very polite and helpful. comfortably housed 10 people. short walk from lake Michigan Beach and close to Marina for lake portage. would definitely recommend.
Love location and the long porch. Nice long weekend with family. Will likely return for a longer stay
Loved the cottage
For the second time in as many months I stayed at this cottage. This time it was just my two sisters with me. We enjoyed it very much. We love the charm of the old cottage. We did NOT find any rodent droppings and the place was very clean. If you are looking for a place that is all up to date and new this probably won't be for you but we loved it with all its charm and quirks and plan to return next year.
poorly maintained. customer is not a priority
1) Large, screened-in porch
2) Awesome beach is a short walk. Not crowded
3) Memory foam mattresses
4) Nice tv and dvd player
5) The name and number of a maintenance company is available if anything happens to the house while you’re there
1) One side of the house has sunk ~ 8 inches. The ends of the beds are propped up on pots so you don’t slide off. I slid in the bathroom due to the angle.
2) There are no real locks on the doors. Just the hook-and-eye type on the screen doors. It looks like the doors once had a deadbolt but they’re disabled.
3) The electric is very old. A note says to check the fuses if you have a problem with the electric. I found extra fuses in a kitchen drawer that contained fix-it stuff and found the fuse box in case I’d have to do anything with it but, honestly, if a fuse blew I wouldn’t know how to find the right one to replace anyway.
4) The woods is right up to the house/windows so there’s no real yard and it feels gloomy. I’d be fine with that because of the beach but during the storms a lot of large branches fell. Nothing landed on the house or my car, while we were there, which was an answer to prayer.
5) The cleaning crew leaves 6 towels and 1 hand-towel. No washcloths. I had to drive to the Manistee Meijer to get some washcloths.
6) The electric went out during a storm and I could only find 2 candles. I had to dig through the house to find those, in 2 different locations. There were plenty of matches and a flashlight with 2 spare batteries where you’d expect to find them in the kitchen, so we at least had that.
7) They say not to take the garbage out until friday morning but you have to take it out last thing at night anyway because the mice will be in it all night. Put all your food, even dry-goods, in the frig.
I reserved 7 nights but after the 4th night we left. I didn’t feel safe with the sinking foundation, the old electric, and the woods so close to the house. I wanted to leave the evening of the 3rd day when the electric went out but it would have been too hard to pack and load the car in the dark with a young child, and I didn’t want to drive in the storm. I was afraid all night that something large would come down on the house or my car.
The owners kindly refunded me for the 3 nights we didn’t stay. I wouldn’t, however, recommend renting this place until the woods is timbered, the foundation repaired, electrical is updated, and locks are installed.
It was better than camping, but not by much.
This was my first experience with a VRBO property. I kind of knew what the place was going to be like when I arrived and had low expectations, but, to be honest, it was much lower than I anticipated. First of all, and the biggest problem was that none of the doors locked. There were 4 main entryways into the house: one from the outside into the basement/from the basement into the main living space, one in the kitchen, two on the covered porch, each of them did not lock properly, nor were there any keys for them. The problem is that the house is build on a hill and all the floors in the house have a huge slant because the house is sliding down the hill. All the doors, locks and jams do not line up because of this and that's why the doors don't lock and some windows don't close. This is a huge problem! Secondly, there were absolutely no fire or smoke alarms in any of the rooms. This place was a huge safety risk, and should be removed from the listings. Old wiring, lamps and wall sockets made this place even more of a risk for a fire and a hazard. This, not to mention windows don't shut completely(again do to the house sliding down the hill), made it very difficult during the day and night to feel safe. There was no mention that there was no laundry either. I think this should have been more clear that they did not have laundry, other than it being omitted as part of the description. Additionally, there was mouse poop all over the place, in every room, pots, pans, glasses, mugs, etc. I am extremely unsatisfied with the care and upkeep of the home, and would warn everyone to stay clear of this rental. This, in addition to the phone not working nor our cell phones having little to no coverage at all. If something happened at this place, you would not be found until the cleaning crew (if one existed) or the next renters showed up. We left early because my wife and 4 kids were absolutely scared to stay any longer than a few days.
Avoid this place at all costs!
Loved the cottage
I brought my kids and grand kids for a week to this cottage. We enjoyed our stay very much. The cottage is old but with plenty of charm. There were 10 of us and there was more than enough room although one bathroom is not ideal for that many people, but it is workable. The kitchen is nicely equipped with dishes and utensils. We ate in almost every meal in and had everything we needed. I would recommend this to anyone, in fact am returning next month for a few days with my sisters.