VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
We (2 adults, 2kids- 3 and 5 year old) loved staying in This house during THE first two weeks of August.
1. Views are even beter than on THE pictures, you Can see the sea and coastline as well as a very panoramic view over mountains and a gorge. Absolutely lovely night and day
2. The villa is very private. No one can see in the garden area nor the house. There is very little sound from others, just birds and small animals
3. You are however not far from the main sights: beach with lovely bars and restaurants is 5 minute drive away, lovely beach towns about 30 minutes (take the private unpacked route that leads to the villa in the direction of the agrituriamo and continue this route if you want to visit the dorgali area, this saves you 20 Minutes each trip!). There is lots of discovering to do in the area and the location of the villa I great for this. One note, we felt there were less historic sides on the island than we are used to in Italy, but this has nothing to do with the villa. Main things to do are beaches, sea, restaurants, nature
4. Very good spot for young kids: the pool has different depths, meaning there was a part where our three year old of 100cm could already stand with his head comfortably above the water. This made it really great for young kids as they could enter the pool and play around more freely and felt more comfortable as they could stand. The pool was cleaned almost every day. Also the three donkeys at 1 minute walk are great as they live being petted. One watch out: the villa has two bedrooms sleeping 4 in the main house and then one little cottage unattached. This means that if you have more than 2 young kids I do not find it ideal as they would need to sleep away too far (about 40 meters from the main house, passing through the garden). This setting is ideal if you are visiting with different couples as you have more privacy or with older kids or if you have two kids sharing a room as we did.
5. The house itself is nice. We hardly spend time in it as the weather and garden were fantastic, but the house also was even better than in the pictures
One big disadvantage are the many many wasps that come hunting for food which makes it really difficult to eat outside comfortably, even for adults. This is n issue for the island, not for the specific location, but we struggled with it as the kids often had about 10 wasps surrounding them and their food. Solution is to eat after 20:45 or inside.