VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
I'm guessing I am the first person to ever stay here, based on a number of clues, and there were a few small headaches because of that. These were mostly just some missing stuff and unfinished work (towel racks falling apart, broken drawer, etc). Overall though, the location was good, the apartment is big and well lit, there is a funky charm to the space itself, and Luis was helpful with coordinating parking and generally messaging in a timely way before I checked in to let me know how to get in. For the price I would recommend staying here.
- Location in a safe quiet neighborhood right near Davis Square
- A lot of space and natural light
- Wifi worked well and everything was clean
- Apartment has some charm
- good value!
- Charming apartment is also a little shabby on second look
- Apartment is missing some staple items for anyone cooking in the kitchen (e.g. had to ask neighbor across the street for a wine opener... and later I committed a tomato can massacre bc there was no can opener)
- Bedsheets were from Goodwill and hadn't been washed yet... had that chemical smell (probably won't be an issue if you're not the first person there)
- Not enough furniture in the apartment yet (e.g. no real side tables for beds)
- On-street parking is permit only and free street parking doesn't begin until 8pm on Mass Ave... kind of a pain. (But I parked in the very narrow driveway.... unclear if this will be an option for everyone)
Overall it was a very positive stay and I'd come back if I needed to. I think most of my issues with the place will be ironed out as more people begin to stay here.
Amsden Place was as clean, comfortable, and convenient as it was on our first stay a year ago. The off street parking is a huge bonus. Location is perfect for going back and forth to our child’s Tufts dorm. This visit, we made use of the Queen-size inflatable mattress—my husband and I both slept so well, and we could get up early while our kids slept in in the bedrooms. A great place to relax or to use as home base for a full day of activity. We love Amsden Place!