VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
All things being said, it was an excellent experience. The only downside, and this was our fault as well was a slightly clumsy key hand-off. (I may have given the impression that I spoke german well due to my use of Google Translate).
The upsides - location wise:
1. An upscale neighborhood where we felt perfectly safe.
2. Stores, restaurants, and services (including the cleanest, best maintained, and easiest to use laundromat I've overseen) are all close by.
3. Transit is close by including S-Bahn, U-Bahn, and busses. With the Google maps app was able to get anywhere easy.
4. Things were quiet with respect to traffic, parties (none), and construction (little in the area - but given how much construction is going on in Berlin, that might change).
5. If you like high-end shopping, this is your place!
The upsides - the apartment:
1. This was the quietest place I've ever stayed in. Maybe neighbors were away, but in any event, it was total silence once we were inside.
2. Temperature never got above 5 C during the seven days we were there. But inside the radiant heating kept the place nice and cozy. (Didn't see any air conditioning - maybe an issue in a heat wave.)
3. Everything worked well. (Door lock was a challenge the first day - jet lag making things more difficult.)
4. Clean as a whistle and well appointed.
I would recommend this place - but you do need to be able to handle stairs - helpful in keeping the added "beer weight" down.
Taking nine people - seven of whom are your grown kids - on a four day New Year vacation to Berlin takes some courage! There are so many things that can go wrong! The key to success is without doubt where you choose to stay. And we found the perfect place!! Spacious, clean, homely, convenient. Everyone had their own space to close the door and be quiet, and enough communal space to cook, eat and have fun together.
The apartment is easily accessible by elevator (just a couple of steps at the entrance). It has a well equipped kitchen, nicely appointed bathrooms, and plenty of room for expansion with sofa beds and bedding if you need it (it really will fit twelve people if you need it,
as long as a few folks can share a room).
Nina and Soren, are delightful hosts. They respond almost immediately, and make sure everything you need is there. Super easy.
The apartment is only several minutes walk from the Ubahn and benefits from being ten minutes from Tegel airport, which was great on arrival and departure. Just as an FYI we had an early flight in and found it very easy to store our bags at the airport and have the full day in Berlin, returning to pick up the bags late afternoon. Very little hassle.
In short. Don't book a terrible corporate four start hotel in the center of Berlin when you can have the chance to chill in Charlottenburg and still be in town in fifteen minutes by Uber or the Ubahn. It really is convenient and super lovely.
Believe everything you seen on the VRBO posting. It lives up to expectations. This from an experienced family that travels often.
Thank you Nina and Soren. We will be back.