VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
We had a fabulous time at Blackwolf Cabin! There were nine of us, two families. The bedrooms worked out well, the house was very well stocked and in great condition! Having a second fridge/freezer in the basement was an added bonus! So many great windows and natural light if you open all the drapery. The yard is huge and totally awesome for major snow play in between ski days. The drive to Schweitzer is an easy 30 min. It really was a great stay!
Reasons for four stars instead of five:
1. tiny hot water tank considering size of house! 50gallons isn’t enough for more than a few showers in a row (and this is with following their recommended half pressure sign!). This could really be updated to coincide with size of home/number of guests.
2. The downstairs bathroom is quite strange. The bunk room sleepers had to go through the movie room to get to the bathroom. Then because of the barn door, it couldn’t lock at all.
3. As with many homes, temperature control is tough! The basement is freezing in the winter. We were thankful for the heaters for the movie room and bunk room. The main floor common room is perfect and the upstairs rooms and main bedrooms were too hot.
4. Cleaners showed up an hour early so we super rushed to load the car and go through the extensive checkout instructions.
5. As mentioned in other reviewers, the train can be pretty loud and frequent. I thought a snowplow was outside my window the first night! After the first night it didn’t bother anyone’s sleep.
None of these are deal breakers! I would still recommend the house and stay there again!
Our group of 10 had a very comfortable stay for a skiing weekend at Schweitzer. The house was warm, quiet, and spacious. This property is clearly well cared for and the kitchen is fully equipped for cooking large meals and accommodating a big group. During family vacations we all tend to hang out in the kitchen so this was perfect for us. Martina is very detailed and easy to work with. I would gladly stay here again and highly recommend this house.