VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
According to the owner, our group was the first group of vacationers to ever rent the Texas Wedge. This was a guys trip (12 of us) primarily focused on relaxing and playing golf. First, I will start with all of the good things about this house. The location is perfect! It's super close to Concan Country Club (but not too close) and sits on the first hole of the golf course. The back of the house is an oasis and is extremely secluded. The pool area is awesome and even has a large grilling area which we utilized every evening for grilling. We spent 90% of our stay relaxing out back at the pool. If that's your style, you will love this place. All of the bedrooms and bathrooms are very spread out and we did not feel cramped at all. It's perfect for 12-16 people. Lastly, the golf course is extremely well kept and was so much fun to play.
My recommendation for anyone looking to rent this house is to make sure to bring the following items:
- Sheets and pillow cases (not supplied)
- Towels (not supplied)
- Everything you need to cook (including salt and pepper). They do supply pots, pans, and trays.
- Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Dish Soap, Bar Soap, Shampoo, Paper Plates, Plastic Cups, etc.
The only items that I think could be improved are:
- Providing WiFi (currently none available) and I did not have cell service for 4 days (Verizon user)
- Increasing the amount of channels available on the TV (currently 4-5 channels available)
Overall, we LOVED our stay and will be renting the Texas Wedge house again next year for our annual guys trip.