VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
The condo is huge and well laid out and a very fair price. The place is a bit in the middle of nowhere so you need a car. That being said if you don’t tend to explore then you will be very comfortable here. The small store on the property is the well stocked with fair prices. They have many grills throughout the property and they are cleaned daily. You will be very impressed by how well the entire place is kept. Everyone if friendly! There is a small pool bar that has a great staff. They really make your day at the pool fun. And the food is good too. They have daily specials and happy hour from three to six!
The pools are amazing! One end starts out very shallow so all ages can enjoy the water. It gradually gets deeper. It’s reall one infinity pool but has dividers making it four pools.
I walked the beach an hour every day and had it all to myself most days. It is huge! The waves are fantastic and got bigger as the winter came. You can’t swim in them but they fascinate you. You can sit and watch them forever.
There is a turtle sanctuary on the beach that the complex supports. If you are lucky you will be able to help them release the baby turtles into the ocean.
The unit is well stocked. We only cooked six times and ate breakfast there. You are supplied with fresh water. After the first jug is gone you can get a refill downstairs for pennies.
We did have a few issues with things in the condo but you just have to report it to the front desk and a repair person will arrive to fix it. We also reported things to the owner, who replied quickly back. Our tv was blurry and the connectors were corroded. We told her and she is getting the tv replaced. I also told her a lounge chair for the balcony would be nice, so hopefully she will get one for the unit. They could also use a good frying pan. I forgot to tell her that. There are a couple there that will do but I don’t think they will last much longer.
There are only three cons that I can think of. One is the wifi is not strong enough for everyone in the complex to use at the same time. You will have to find a time good for you when others aren’t using it.
The other is that it really is a one shower condo and one bathtub condo. Again not a big deal unless several people want to shower at once. The bathroom with the tub also has a sewer smell that comes and goes. I could live with it but a couple of others couldn’t stand it.
We loved our stay and would definitely return again.
I feel I lucked out finding this place to stay on my first trip to Barra de Navidad. Some of this may have to do with personal preferences, but for most folks, I’d recommend staying here for reasons I’ll itemize below.
1. Arrival in Manzanillo - You’ll need to hire a cab for at least $40, but you can request that the rental manager, Gustavo, meet you at the airport and drive you directly there for a smaller fee. Gustavo speaks English very well, so during the ride he can answer questions, point out and explain sights, and of particular value to me, provide pointers for driving in Mexico all while demonstrating his skills.
2. Service while at house: While the house is very private, Gustavo can usually be reached by phone where he can drop what he is doing and be over to assist in minutes.
3. Pool: The pool, with a small, green yard is all yours, and not shared with other residents as most seem to be.
4. Cleanliness: Spotless when I arrived.
5. Bed: Two bedrooms. I’m pretty particular, but slept fine.
6. Location: I drove through Barra de Navidad some, but it’s much more suitable for walking, so when I say that this place is on the edge of town, I mean that it is a very short walk to where the restaurants start, and another small block to where the shops start. This means that you won’t hear any of the city noises at night, or have parking problems. Also means that you can drive away from and back to house for short trips to other coastal destinations without having to negotiate Barra’s town traffic. The beach is only a short walk away, and the best feature is the relative privacy of this section of beach.
7. Amenities: You’ve got your air conditioning and washer and dryer that weren’t mentioned in original ad, so nice surprise, as well as flat-screen TV with Canadian cable service. TV’s big enough, but wouldn’t hurt to be bigger, but who goes to Mexico to watch Canadian TV?
Rooftop Bar/BBQ: Nicely furnished with outdoor furniture, small gas BBQ, sink. View of ocean recently obstructed by new construction. It would make a good place to rendezvous later with friends you’ve made while roaming the cantinas in search of companionship.
8. Kitchen: A little smaller than most kitchens, but certainly not a “kitchenette” as it is a full-size kitchen set up and equipped to cook just about anything you want. Grocery shopping not great anywhere in the area, but there is a good butcher shop in the neighborhood away from central Barra, just a couple blocks away