25 years ago, we started the first online vacation rental service with one purpose: to bring more families together on vacation. Since then, Vrbo has helped countless families create lasting vacation memories all over the world. To celebrate, we're doing what we do best — giving away more vacations! We’re going to award 25 families a vacation worth $5k each, and all you have to do to win is post a throwback vacation photo with #VrboTurns25. Getting a chance to take it easy has never been easier. Get to posting!
Post your favorite vacation photos with #VrboTurns25
Post your throwbacks on Instagram or Facebook between now and 10/18/2020 to enter. They can be wild, they can be tame, they can be insane-in–the-membrane (that was a thing in 1995) — but your post must be public and tagged with #VrboTurns25 to enter the contest. We’ll choose 25 of the best posts and the contest winners will get a vacation worth up to $5k in the Vrbo of their choice! So, dig out that box in the attic, flip through Mom’s seemingly endless collection of your childhood memories and find that time capsule of a simpler time that shows how your family rolls on vacation. The reward will be well worth the search.
The kicker? Prize winners will choose from 25 of our coolest cribs!
Ever wanted to sleep in a 727 nestled in the Costa Rican jungle? Maybe you’ve always visualized a Sweet Escape where the kids could splash around a pool shaped like an ice cream cone? Or run around a Texas ranch that is basically an amusement park? We’re going big for our 25th, so we handpicked 25 of our all-time favorite rentals for our lucky winners to choose from. Because, let’s be honest, when you’re not fantasizing about hitting the slopes just feet from your luxe treehouse in Montana, you’re daydreaming about lording over your own private island. And if you need even more inspo, check out our full list of 25 amazing escapes that could be yours for the taking.
5 of our favorite getaways
Vrbo 25th Anniversary Photo Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Vrbo’s 25th Anniversary Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Canada who submit an eligible photo via the entry method described in these rules and are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Vrbo.com, Inc. d/b/a Vrbo and its parent and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employees are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Vrbo.com, Inc. d/b/a Vrbo, 11920 Alterra Parkway, Austin, Texas 78758 (“Sponsor”).
3. Timing: The Contest begins on October 5, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on October 18, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, simply post your favorite original vacation photograph taken by you that meets the eligibility criteria below to your public Instagram or Facebook account using the hashtag #VrboTurns25. Your account must be public in order for Vrbo to see the photo and thus for you to enter the contest. You may only submit ONE (1) photo regardless of how many social media accounts you own or use. Eligible entries will be judged by Sponsor to determine winners. When you post, please note that is for entry into a contest or add #contest.
Entry Limit. Each entrant is limited to one (1) photo entry. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, social media accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the social media account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an account by the social media service provider. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
PHOTO CRITERIA: In order to be considered by judges, each of the following criteria must be met. The photograph must:
Be an original photograph taken by you, or by a family member who has given you permission to enter the photograph in the Contest.
Be owned by you without any competing ownership interest that you know of, or should know of
Not depict any identifiable person without their consent, or in the case of a minor, the consent of the minor’s parent or guardian
Be family-friendly and not include any images or elements that in Sponsor’s sole judgement are profane, lewd, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, sexual, violent, or depict any drug use or irresponsible use of alcohol
Have only minimal or incidental use of brands and logos unaffiliated with Sponsor
Be visible to Sponsor by virtue of entrant’s social media profile being public
Include the hashtag #VrboTurns25
5. Judging Criteria: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Sponsor will select the potential Contest winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period on or around November 16, 2020 based upon a totality of the following elements:
Expression of the importance of family and family connections
The photo’s depiction of a vacation rental in a way that demonstrates family connections
Quality of the photograph
Memorable nature of the photograph
Expression of the importance of family and family connections
All decisions related to judging are in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The potential winner will be notified via the social media account used to post the entry. The potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and where not prohibited a Publicity Release (“Declaration”) which must be promptly returned to Sponsor, in order to claim his/her prize. If a Canadian resident is chosen as the winner, he or she may be required to complete a math problem before being eligible to receive the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted or fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information within the requested time period (if applicable), the potential winner forfeits his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner based upon the same judging criteria. Only three (3) alternate winners will be determined, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Prizes: Twenty-five (25) winners will each receive a free stay in a vacation home of the winner’s choosing from amongst a set of unique properties curated by Sponsor and listed in Section 15, below. A list of the properties is available below. Each stay’s approximate retail value is $5,000 USD but the actual length of stay will vary based upon the prevailing nightly rate for the days reserved by the winner. All properties must be booked in advance and are subject to availability. In the event a winner is not able to find a time to stay at one of the curated properties, Sponsor - in its sole discretion - may substitute a stay at any available property listed on Sponsor’s website.
This is not a cash prize. In the event the winner’s trip uses less than the full $5,000.00 rental stipend, Sponsor may provide winner with the remaining balance via Expedia Rewards points. If you are not an Expedia Rewards member, you will need to create an account prior to prize being awarded. To become a member, go to Expedia Rewards and select Join. The Rewards points will be deposited within six weeks and will expire one year from the date of the deposit. Expedia Rewards points awarded to the winner are subject to terms and conditions of the Expedia Rewards program (https://www.expedia.com/loyaltyrewards/pages/info-rewards/expediarewards/terms.htm). PLEASE NOTE: winner alone is responsible for full payment of all taxes. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): of each prize is $5,000.00 USD. ARV of all prizes is $125,000.00 USD.
All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, airfare, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Guests must be eighteen (18) years of age or older (or travel with a legal guardian) and must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of prize documents. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions related to the vacation rental.
The prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or any component thereof for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize or any component thereof should become unavailable for any reason. The winner responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. Release: By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes the winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for internal or promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. If Sponsor intends to use your submission photo for promotional purposes, Sponsor will attempt to contact you and notify you of its intent, but Sponsor is under no obligation to do so.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, pandemics, acts of government, travel restrictions, changes in laws, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, or awarding of the Prize, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize or an alternate prize of roughly similar value. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas (Austin Division) or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Austin, Texas; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
13. Winner List: The winner list will be available by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor at the address listed in these rules with attention to “25th Anniversary Contest.”
14. No Affiliation with Social Media platforms. This contest is not sponsored or endorsed by Instagram or Facebook, nor is either company in any way affiliated with the administration of this Contest.
15. List of Available Properties for Winner. List of top properties curated by Sponsor:
Incline Village, Nevada: https://www.vrbo.com/323086
Ashland, Oregon: https://www.vrbo.com/4095761ha
Branson, Missouri: https://www.vrbo.com/1314243
Traverse City, Michigan: https://www.vrbo.com/655085
Mont-Tremblant, Quebec: https://www.vrbo.com/769436
Whitefish, Montana: https://www.vrbo.com/4249601ha
Orr, Minnesota: https://www.vrbo.com/565659
Whistler, British Columbia: https://www.vrbo.com/912658
Ludlow, Vermont: https://www.vrbo.com/211293ha
Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania: https://www.vrbo.com/9187834ha
Jackson Hole, Wyoming: https://www.vrbo.com/430992
Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts: https://www.vrbo.com/1150163
Wimberly, Texas: https://www.vrbo.com/171686ha
Breckenridge, Colorado: https://www.vrbo.com/4053955ha
Hamptons, New York: https://www.vrbo.com/365439ha
Gatlinburg, Tennessee: https://www.vrbo.com/647927
Gulf Shores, Alabama: https://www.vrbo.com/730565
North Shore, Hawaii: https://www.vrbo.com/499447
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina: https://www.vrbo.com/1145417
Waimea, Hawaii: https://www.vrbo.com/108255
Mason, Texas: https://www.vrbo.com/3009358ha
Mount Dora, Florida: https://www.vrbo.com/925448ha
Manual Antonio, Puntarenas: https://www.vrbo.com/577384
Palm Springs, California: https://www.vrbo.com/334089
Gilbert, Arizona: https://www.vrbo.com/912589