Get excited to be reunited! It’s time to make your family’s long-awaited vacation reunion a reality, so we’re giving away 30 stays over 30 days. You could win an awesome $5K family getaway (anywhere in the USA!) that’s perfect for reconnecting with all of your favorite people.
Just post a photo of yourself on Instagram or Twitter with the person you’ve missed the most, tell us why you can’t wait to be together in the caption, and be sure to add the hashtag #VrboReunionContest for your chance to win. We’re giving away a family reunion vacation every day for a month and announcing a winner daily on our social channels. You must be 18, your social media account must be public, you must follow us, and you must be a U.S. resident to enter. Take a peek at the rest of the rules below.
It's finally time to bring it in for that big hug, that overdue introduction, that milestone moment you’re beyond ready to share! Don’t miss your chance to win a reunion vacation with your loved ones, because getting together has never felt better than right now.
Been fantasizing about your fam’s next adventure together forever? Now’s your chance to make it happen somewhere that matches the moment. Maybe you’ve been hoping for a magical mountaintop jamboree? Or a storybook stay by the sea? Perhaps reuniting 30 members of your extended crew would make your biggest vacay dreams come true. But if it’s a classic beach get-together you’ve been wishing for, there’s always a perfect reunion spot by the shore.
Check out these five fam-tastic reunion retreats
#VrboReunionContest official rules
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THE PHOTO SUBMITTED AS AN ENTRY INTO THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THEIR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLE AND ACCOMPANYING CAPTION, MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEB SITES OR SOCIAL MEDIA ASSETS, SUBJECT TO MODERATION AND AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION, IF ENTRANT IS SELECTED AS A WINNER. BY ENTERING, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE SPONSOR HAS NO OBLIGATION TO USE OR POST ANY PHOTO AND/OR CAPTION YOU SUBMIT.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years old or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees, officers and directors of HomeAway.com, Inc. d/b/a Vrbo and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, Web design, advertising and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (“Promotion Parties”), and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses), and individuals residing in their same household are not eligible to participate or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Minors: If an entrant is at least 18, but under the age of legal majority in their state, the entrant must obtain parental consent in order to be eligible to enter the Contest. Parental consent occurs when the parent or legal guardian of an eligible minor entrant, grants permission for the entrant to participate and agrees on behalf of himself/herself and the minor entrant to these Official Rules.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by HomeAway.com, Inc. d/b/a Vrbo, 11920 Alterra Parkway, Austin, Texas 78758 (“Sponsor”).
3. Contest Period: The Contest begins on July 14, 2021 at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on August 12, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. CT (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period consists of twenty-two (22) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as outlined in the table below. Each Entry Period begins at 12:00:00 a.m. CT on July 14, 2021 and ends on the End Date listed below at 11:59:59 p.m. CT. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, post a photo of yourself with the person you’re the most excited to be reunited with on Twitter or Instagram and tell us why you can’t wait to be together within the caption including hashtag #VrboReunionContest (altogether, the “Entry”) as further described below. Please use first names only if referencing someone in your caption. Entries will be judged. See Section 6 for Judging Criteria.
(a) Instagram: If entering via Instagram, you must have an Instagram account and follow @vrbo on Instagram. If you do not have an Instagram account, one can be opened for free by visiting http://instagram.com and following the appropriate link to download the free Instagram application. To become a follower of @vrbo, visit Instagram.com/vrbo and choose to follow. Your Instagram setting must be set to “unprotected” and “public” in order for your Entry to be viewable by Sponsor and allow direct messages from anyone so that you may be contacted by Sponsor if you are selected as a winner. Additional entry conditions and guidelines apply, see below and Section 5.
(b) Twitter: If entering via Twitter, you must have a Twitter account and follow @vrbo on Twitter. If you do not have a Twitter account, one can be opened for free by visiting http://Twitter.com and following the appropriate link to download the free Twitter application. To become a follower of @vrbo, visit Twitter.com/vrbo and choose to follow. Your Twitter setting must be set to “unprotected” and “public” in order for your Entry to be viewable by Sponsor and allow direct messages from anyone so that you may be contacted by Sponsor if you are selected as a winner. Additional entry conditions and guidelines apply, see below and Section 5.
LIMIT: One (1) entry per person for the entire Contest Period, regardless of social media platform used to enter. You may only submit one (1) entry into the Contest, regardless of how many social media accounts you own or use.
Photo Criteria: In order for your Entry to be considered for judging, the following photo criteria must be met. The photograph:
Must be an original photograph taken by you, or by a friend or family member who has given you permission to enter the photograph in the Contest. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permission or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
Must be owned by you without any competing ownership interest that you know of, or should know of OR, in the case a family member has given you permission to enter their photograph in the Contest, they must be the owner of the photograph.
Must not depict any identifiable person without their consent, or in the case of a minor, without the consent of the minor’s parent or guardian. Entrant must be able to provide such permission(s) or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
Must be family-friendly and not include any images or elements that in Sponsor’s sole judgement are profane, lewd, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, sexual, violent, or depict any drug or alcohol use.
May not have more than minimal or incidental use of brands and logos unaffiliated with Sponsor.
Must be visible to Sponsor by virtue of entrant’s profile on their social media account being public.
Must include hashtag #VrboReunionContest.
Multiple entrants may not share the same social media account. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the social media account associated with the winning Entry and an eligible entrant. The name of the person submitting the Entry must be (a) the name of the person who registered for the social media account and (b) the name of the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the social media account, otherwise, Entry may be deemed void. If it is discovered that an entrant attempted to obtain more than one (1) Entry by using multiple social media accounts, identities or any other methods, that entrant’s Entries shall be deemed invalid, that entrant shall be disqualified and any prize won shall be forfeited.
If entering with a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Mobile entry not required to submit an Entry into this Contest.
By using the hashtag, entrants are consenting to receive direct messages via the social media account used to enter if they are selected as a potential winner.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that the Entry conforms to the “Entry Guidelines” specified in Section 5, and that Sponsor may disqualify an Entry if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the Entry fails to conform to such guidelines. Entries that are not in accordance with the “Entry Guidelines” as stated in Section 5 or are not received during the Contest Period will be ineligible.
5. Entry Guidelines: Joint, group or team Entries are NOT permitted. Any representations, statements and/or claims made in the Entry or accompanying caption must be truthful and Sponsor reserves the right to establish the truth and accuracy of such representations/statements/claims. Failure to timely provide such substantiation, or if materials furnished by entrant, in an attempt to substantiate representations/statements/claims made in their Entry, are determined by Sponsor or its agencies to be inadequate or unreliable, will result in disqualification. Once submitted, entrant cannot supplement, modify or alter their Entry.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, THE ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEB SITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA ASSETS, AT THE SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an Entry grants the Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, publicly perform and/or modify such Entry in any way, in any and all media, including for use in advertising and marketing, in perpetuity, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place the Sponsor under any obligation. The Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. By acceptance of your submission, you acknowledge that the Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to the Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. The Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen Entries.
By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work (or the work of a friend or family member who has given you permission to use as an Entry in this Contest); (b) has not been previously published (other than for personal use); (c) has not won previous awards; (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; and (e) that publication of the Entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third-party rights. Each entrant (and entrant’s parent or legal guardian if entrant is a minor) will indemnify and hold harmless, the Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any claim to the contrary. Any entrant whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including the Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to awarding of prize.
As determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, Entries must meet the following guidelines: (a) Cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, political, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity; (b) Cannot promote alcohol, marijuana, illegal drugs, tobacco, vaping, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing),any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) Cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) Cannot promote terrorist acts or provide instructional information about illegal activities; (e) Cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging or slanderous remarks about the Sponsor, its advertising, its customers or its products, or other people, products or companies; (f) Cannot advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (except the Sponsor’s), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names (without permission, USE FIRST NAME’S ONLY PLEASE), email addresses or street addresses; (g) Cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art, stills, or images published on or in television, movies, the Internet or other media, except such materials owned by the Sponsor) without permission; (h) Cannot contain background artwork, unless it is an original work of the entrant; (i) Cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the entrant, without permission; (j) Cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Sponsor wishes to associate; (k) Cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
If the Sponsor, at any time during the Contest Period, receives a complaint (including but not limited to a cease and desist letter, general letter of complaint, etc.) alleging intellectual property infringement in an Entry, the Sponsor reserves the right to remove such Entry at any point in the Contest Period, without prior notice and Entry will be deemed void and ineligible to receive a prize.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by the Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. The Sponsor reserves the right to waive the submission requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
6. Contest Judging: Entries will be judged by Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s agents (the “Panel”) based on the following equally-weighted criteria (the “Judging Criteria”):
Expression of the importance of family/friends and connections with family/friends
Quality of the photograph
For each Entry Period: The Entry(ies) receiving the highest cumulative score(s) for all criteria awarded by the Panel will be deemed the winner(s) (subject to verification) for that Entry Period. Non-winning Entries’ scores will carry forward to each Entry Period. So, while an entrant might not be the winner for a particular Entry Period, they could be deemed the winner for a subsequent Entry Period depending on the scores of all of the Entries received up to a particular Entry Period’s End Date. In the event of a tie for a top position for a particular Entry Period, tied Entries will be re-judged by a new Panel (based on the judging criteria stated herein) to determine the winner of the tie. All decisions related to judging are in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. Winner Notification: Potential winners will be announced daily on Sponsor’s social media channels (@vrbo on Instagram and @vrbo on Twitter), beginning on July 15, 2021 and ending on August 13, 2021. Potential winners will also be notified on the first business day following the announcement by Sponsor’s agent via direct message or via a comment on the entrant’s winning post. Sponsor’s agent will request winner’s contact information, including email address and date of birth. Potential winners must provide the requested information within seventy-two (72) hours or prize may be forfeited. Potential winners must have a public profile on their social media account used to enter in order to receive the notification or prize may be forfeited.
Prizes won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his or her state of residence may be awarded to a minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or online service which may result in a potential winner not receiving a notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in entrant's social media account or their email address, mailing address and/or telephone number (after he/she has provided such information). Additionally, each potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, Publicity Release within seven (7) days as indicated on the Affidavit. If (a) an attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, (b) a potential winner does not respond to the instructions as stated within the notification, (c) required documents are not returned within the required time period, (d) a potential winner cannot be verified, or (e) a potential winner is otherwise unable to accept a prize as stated, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner determined, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners will be determined, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
By accepting a prize, each winner (and winner’s parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor) agrees that his/her Entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Each winner (and winner’s parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor) hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to his/her Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning Entry, in its sole discretion. Sponsor, it’s agencies and/or assigns shall have the unlimited right and permission to use, modify, edit, distribute, publish, reproduce, display, exhibit, create derivative works of or to otherwise transmit the Entry, in any media, including digital, electronic, print, television, film and any other media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising and promotion, or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation to the entrant or to any other party, except where prohibited by law. Upon request of Sponsor, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Entry and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
8. Prize Details: Prizes (30 total, see table in Section 3 for breakout per Entry Period): Each winner will receive one (1) $5,000 credit to be used towards a stay in a Vrbo rental property located within the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia (“Vrbo stay”), selected by winner. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize is up to $5,000.00. The actual length of stay will vary based upon the prevailing nightly rate for the days reserved by the winner. Property must be booked in advance and is subject to availability. If a desired Vrbo rental property is unavailable, winner must select another Vrbo rental property. Winner must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize may be forfeited. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. ARV of all prizes is up to $150,000.00 USD. Limit one (1) prize per household.
Prize Conditions: The Vrbo stay is for one (1) booking only. Winner is not allowed to book more than one (1) Vrbo stay in connection with the prize. This is not a cash prize. In the event the winner’s one (1) Vrbo stay is less than the full $5,000.00 prize stipend, the unused portion will be forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to winner regarding such unused portion. Winner’s Vrbo stay must be booked through Sponsor’s designated agent within ninety (90) days of winner’s prize acceptance; and the Vrbo stay must be completed by July 31, 2022. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated herein, including but not limited to, airfare, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are solely the responsibility of winner. Winner may be required to provide a credit card prior to check-in and is solely responsible for all incidental charges and may be required to sign an additional liability release for the use of the Vrbo accommodations. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions related to the Vrbo rental. Winner is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy statement of Vrbo at the time of booking their Vrbo stay accessible at https://www.Vrbo.com/legal/terms-and-conditions and https://www.Vrbo.com/legal/privacy-policy. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled prize-related activities (including, but not limited to any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers or transportation companies, if any) beyond its control. In the event the winner and/or a guest misses any portion of their booked Vrbo stay through no fault of Sponsor or due to Force Majeure, Sponsor will have no liability for any costs associated with hanging or rebooking winner’s Vrbo stay. Any minor guest (under the age of 18; 19 if a resident of AL or NE) must be accompanied at all times by minor's parent or legal guardian who must be the winner or one of winner’s guests. Guest(s) (or if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian who must be the winner or one of winner’s guests) must complete and return a Liability Release prior to booking the Vrbo stay. Winner agrees that acceptance of the prize is done so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility.
No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of prize is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or any component thereof for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize or any component thereof should become unavailable for any reason. The winner responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of their prize.
9. Release: By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including travel thereto.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes the winner’s consent (and winner’s parent or legal guardian’s consent if winner is a minor) to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, social media handle, Entry (which may be altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone or with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor), photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for internal or promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. If Sponsor intends to use your Entry for promotional purposes, Sponsor will attempt to contact you and notify you of its intent, but Sponsor is under no obligation to do so.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, pandemics, acts of government, travel restrictions, changes in laws, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, or awarding of the prize, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to determine the winners as described herein from among all eligible Entries received up to the date of is continuance for the prize or an alternate prize of roughly similar value. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; (e) incomplete, late, lost, undeliverable, incomplete, damaged or stolen Entries, email or mail; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest. Entry is at user’s own risk. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS SHALL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE RESULT OF SPONSOR OR PROMOTION PARTIES’ NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT OR RECKLESS ACT(S) OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas (Austin Division) or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Austin, Texas; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
15. Winner’s List: The winner’s list will be available by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sponsor at the address listed in these Official Rules with attention to “Vrbo Family Reunion Contest.” All requests must be received by September 13, 2021.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest shall be directed to the Sponsor and not to Instagram or Twitter.