Vrbo is deepening our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We will fight for real and lasting social change. Along with the rest of Expedia Group, Vrbo is dedicated to making the travel space open and welcoming across cultures and identities to individuals and families everywhere.
We have always believed travel is for everyone
All property managers, owners, and travelers are required to follow the principles of our inclusion statement: Vrbo is committed to an inclusive marketplace built on a foundation of trust, safety, and respect, and to a global platform that is open to travelers, owners, and property-managers without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status. We expect all members of our community to demonstrate respect and tolerance in all interactions with each other—both online and off-line—and we reserve the right to remove anyone from our marketplace who fails to abide by these principles.
Helping families travel better together means ensuring that they feel safe and are treated fairly throughout their experience with us, from start to finish.
We are in the fight to make the travel industry a diverse and inclusive space
We are taking actionable steps to create meaningful change for our employees, partners, and travelers around the globe. Expedia Group has recommitted to the CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion Pledge™ alongside 1000+ companies all vowing to:
- Continue making our workplace a trusting place open to complex and difficult conversations about diversity and inclusion
- Implement and expand unconscious bias education
- Share best—and unsuccessful—practices
- Create accountability systems within our company to track our own progress
Additionally, at Vrbo:
- We’ve updated our policy:
- A PLACE FOR EVERYONE
- LEAVES NO ROOM FOR HATE
- If you mistreat people, there’s no space for you on Vrbo. Everyone deserves to be where kindness rules.
- We are making our campaigns more inclusive and diverse than ever. Examples of work can be found on YouTube with much more to come in 2021.
- We have a more inclusive and diverse approach to fielding research.
- We are building out partner education content for our hosts on how to be more inclusive and welcoming to all travelers.
- We are on a journey to remove problematic terms from our marketplace:
Expedia Group is integrating diversity and inclusion into our business goals to ensure personal accountability — from individual employees all the way up to our CEO. We are also committed to empowering and amplifying divergent and marginalized voices by taking steps that include increasing support for our Inclusion Business Groups and using inclusive imagery and diverse customer perspectives in our marketing and advertising.
Travel has the power to expand perspectives and enrich lives. We believe it is our responsibility to help make these opportunities available to everyone by accelerating impactful change in our industry. Please watch this space for updates on our progress toward making diversity and inclusion a reality in our workplaces, marketplaces, and communities.
Want to know more about how we’re taking action as a company? Check out this Expedia Group blog post.