Enter for a chance to win a Vrbo $5K Maui vacay with your family and friends. The winner will receive a $5,000 credit for a Vrbo accommodation in Maui, Hawaii, and flights. Whether you're really into rainforests, or you'd rather relax on the beach, there's a Vrbo favorite just right for you and your crew.
Check out our favorite Maui homes
Discover more about a Maui vacation
THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. (EXCLUDING All USA TERRITORIES AND EXTERNAL COMMONWEALTHS) AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW AND AMERICAN ENGLISH. YOU MUST BE THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE OR OLDER TO ENTER. INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED
VRBO “$5K Vacay: Maui” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE.
1) The “Sweepstakes Period” is from 12:00:01 am Central Time (CT), December 15, 2019 ("Sweepstakes-Start") to 11:59:59 pm CT, January 31, 2020 ("Sweepstakes-End"). Sponsor’s computer clock governs time.
2) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. (excluding all USA territories and external commonwealths) who are 18 years of age and the age of majority in their state of residence or older who had Internet access prior to the start of this Sweepstake. Void in all US territories and off-shore commonwealths. Do not enter if you don’t want to receive emails from Sponsor. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families or members of household (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their spouses regardless where they live) of Vrbo.com, Inc. d/b/a VRBO.com (“Sponsor”) and TMACO, LLC d/b/a THE MARKETING AGENCY (“Administrator”), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, social media, design, web design, web hosting and production agencies (the “Sweepstakes Entities”), prize providers and anyone connected with the production or distribution of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
3) To Receive a Primary Entry:
This Sweepstakes is played only on the Internet, during the Sweepstakes Period.
ENTRY: To obtain one (1) Primary Entry, go to https://gleam.io/M9cuY/vrbo-5k-vacay-maui. Complete the entry form by entering your First Name, Last Name, Zip Code, and a valid, working email address for which you are the authorized user. You must check the box that you agree to the Official Rules and Sponsor’s, Administrator’s, and Gleam IO’s privacy policies and that you are 18 years of age or older and the age of majority in your State of residence. You will receive (1) entry. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Check with your carrier(s). By supplying your email address you are agreeing to receive VRBO.com marketing emails. You may unsubscribe from receiving these emails at any time by following the directions at the bottom of each email.
LIMIT OF ONE (1) PRIMARY ENTRY PER PERSON OR EMAIL ADDRESS DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD.
To Receive Extra Entries: After you have registered for your Primary entry, you will be presented with opportunities to earn extra entries. You will receive extra entries for doing each of the following:
i) Referring a friend who then enters the Sweepstakes using the link provided. If the friend enters the Sweepstakes through the link provided in the email referral, you will receive (1) entry. Limit of three (3) entries using this method. DO NOT SEND REFERRAL REQUESTS TO ANYONE YOU DON’T KNOW WELL OR WHO WOULD NOT WANT TO RECEIVE THE REFERRAL, I.E., DON’T “SPAM” PEOPLE
ii) Downloading the free VRBO.com app via the link provided: one (1) additional entry.
All discovered entries made in violation of these rules will be deleted. YOU MUST SUPPLY AN ACCURATE, FUNCTIONING EMAIL ADDRESS, FOR WHICH YOU ARE THE AUTHORIZED USER, FOR YOUR ENTRIES TO BE ELIGIBLE AND FOR WINNER NOTIFICATION. It is an entrant's responsibility to keep his/her email address current as that is where a winner’s notice will be sent. Entries must be made by an individual from a stand-alone computer device (including mobile and may not be made by proxy or any electronic/automated means such as script, bot, macro or any other similar software or program. You may not enter with multiple emails and/or multiple identities nor may you use any other device or artifice to obtain more than the maximum number of entries. “Authorized email user” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an online email service, Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. In the case of a dispute regarding who submitted a particular online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted on the entry form.
4) Winner Selection: one (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in random drawings from all eligible entries awarded during the Sweepstakes Period. Potential winner will be selected on or about February 14th, 2020 and will be notified within seven (7) business days via email to the email address entered upon registration. A potential winner will have three (3) business days to reply to the email notification of being selected a potential winner agreeing to accept the prize and for providing full contact information requested including a valid mailing address. Failure to provide the information above within the three (3) business days will signify to Sponsor that the prize has been declined and forfeited for all time and another potential winner will be chosen in random drawings. The potential Grand Prize winner will be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release by the Administrator via email, which will have to be completed, notarized and faxed to Administrator within three (3) business days of the date on the notification or it will be concluded definitively that the prize has been declined and forfeited for all time and, without further notice, an alternative winner will be selected in random drawings. The signed, notarized “original” Affidavit will have to be mailed to the Administer and received up to 10 days after date of emailed notification. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator is responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in entrant's email or phone account to receive email messages. Should a greater number of prize claims be received or notices sent out because of printing, emailing, mailing or programming errors or for any reason whatsoever including human error, only the prize and its value as stated in these Official Rules will be awarded in the sole discretion of the Administrator.
5) Prize, Approximate Retail Value in US$ (ARV) and Odds: A $5,000 allowance to be used to pay for flights and a vacation rental in Maui, HI, subject to availability.
Winners are responsible for all other expenditures not mentioned in these Official Rules as part of the prize, including, without limitation, all transportation (except as awarded above), meals and beverages, gratuities, telephone, incidentals, transfers, personal expenses and travel/medical/baggage insurance
All prize components must be booked by May 31, 2020 and redeemed/completed by 12/31/2020
The vacation stay and all flights are subject to their Terms & Conditions, rental agreements (including House Rules) and are non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed except that prize provider reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion of a prize) of comparable or greater value if a vacation property is unavailable
Flights and vacation rental cannot be used over multiple reservations. The winner will be assigned a Vrbo account manager who will book the VR and flights selected by the winner. The vacation prize rental portion must be booked through vrbo.com and flights through expedia.com.
Should the actual cost or value of any component of a prize used be less than the ARV assigned to that component, the remainder of the ARV will be forfeited without any compensation
Should the cost of the vacation stay booked and flights be greater than $5,000 because of a request for a longer stay or upgraded accommodations or any other request by the winner, the winner will have to pay the difference out of pocket
Winner will be asked to release and indemnify Sponsor and the lodging provider from any losses or damages whether by tort or civil in nature, arising from the use of the vacation rental. Sponsor does not own or manage properties advertised on any Site. Winner’s stay in the vacation rental shall be subject to all rules applicable to renters of the vacation rental, as determined by the owner or manager of the vacation rental. Winner acknowledges that the prizes are awarded “as is” and that the Sweepstakes Entities have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any representation expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize or regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize. The prize will be awarded if properly claimed according to the Official Rules and if there are sufficient entries.
Odds: The odds of winning any prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. All taxes are the winner’s responsibility and a 2020 form #1099 will be issued to the prizewinner for $5,000.
6) General: By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator. Sweepstakes administration and winner selection will be supervised by the Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final and legally binding. No participant or potential winner shall have the right to contest any decision by Sponsor or the independent judging organization concerning any aspect of the Sweepstakes or the interpretation of the Official Rules or the determination as to the qualification of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for those who cannot access the Internet or cannot click-through for any period of time regardless of technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, virus contamination or network problems, and for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason including, but not limited to, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors, force majeure, human errors, including, but not limited to, errors by Sponsor’s representatives and/or agents who enter incorrect information into any of Sponsor’s or agent’s computer systems. Proof of entry is not proof of entry receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention (hacking), fraud, technical failures, force majeure, human error or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control. Should the Sweepstakes be cancelled, a potential winner will be chosen from all the non-suspect eligible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any discovered entry from the Sweepstakes if, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, entrant has not fully complied with these Official Rules. Without limitation, all of an entrant’s discovered entries will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, if entrant attempts (i) to enter the Sweepstakes through any means, or a greater number of times, other than as described in these Official Rules or (ii) provides information that is inaccurate or fraudulent or (iii) attempts to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities and prize providers assume no liability for damage caused to entrant's or any other person's/entity's computer hardware, software or communications network, regardless of cause.
7) By entering this Sweepstakes, an entrant explicitly releases, discharges and holds harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and prize providers, their successors, estates and assigns and all their respective shareholders, directors, officers and employees, one and all, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity, including all “costs”, which s/he now has or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of his/her participation or non-participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and use or misuse of a prize. By accepting a prize, a winner waives the right to (i) assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize and (ii) claim any liability (including attorney's fees and costs) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize (including any travel related thereto). The right to receive a prize and the prize itself is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion of prize) of comparable or greater value for any reason. A prize or prize notification that is returned as undeliverable will disqualify the winner and an alternative winner shall be selected in random drawings.
8) All federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances apply. Sweepstakes void where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. If any provision of this Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, State, local or agency law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, State, local or agency law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserve the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Sweepstakes entrants. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9) The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials, notices or the Official Rules.
11) As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction in Travis County, Texas and all entrants agree to Travis County, Texas as the venue for any legal action without regard to conflict of laws doctrine. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys’ or experts’ fees. Some jurisdictions will not recognize the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Texas and/or do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
12) Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Sweepstakes and as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes and winning a prize, you agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of your name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice and city and State address for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOU ARE CHOSEN AS A WINNER, YOUR FIRST NAME, LAST NAME INITIAL, CITY AND STATE MAY BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BEING PLACED ON A WINNERS LIST. Sponsor will place all entrants on its mailing lists to receive email notices of specials and promotions. You may unsubscribe at any time.
13) Winners List — available at https://gleam.io/M9cuY/vrbo-5k-vacay-maui on or about March 30, 2020 and will remain for 30 days.
14) Sponsor: This Promotion is sponsored by Vrbo.com, Inc. d/b/a VRBO, 11920 Alterra Parkway, Austin, Texas 78758 and is administered by The Marketing Agency, 2881 East Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 425, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2019, The Marketing Agency.