My spouse and I stayed for 8 nights at Blue Sky Resort. There are only 3 guest buildings on the property, two 2-storey log cabins separated by a single 2-unit 2-storey log cabin. We stayed in the cabin located at the end of the guest drive. Although the other cabins were usually occupied by families with young children, the grounds and distance between the cabins are such that we enjoyed privacy and quiet on our deck.
What we liked:
- The log cabin! Traditional log cabin construction, real hardwood floor in the living and dining area, 2 spacious bedrooms upstairs with open cathedral ceilings. The cabin is clean (very clean) and uncluttered. All the furniture including the beds is good quality, solid and comfortable. The cabin stays cool throughout the day, even during very hot summer days. Wifi is reliable and sufficient for browsing and email.
- The kitchen. Fully equipped with good quality pots and pans, 4-burner range, ample fridge space, a beautiful view into the woods behind the cabin. Nice cutlery and stemware. We cooked all our meals at the cabin and enjoyed dining at the large glass-topped patio table on the deck.
- The view from the cabin and the deck. Spectacular and unencumbered by buildings or other man-made structures: across a meadow of flowers and ferns you see the mountains to the west and Slocan Lake to the NW.
- The owners. Karin and Bruno are gracious hosts who can provide you with a wealth of information about the area. If something isn't quite right, they will fix it. Clearly this property is their pride and joy.
- The location. You are not on the lake. You have a bird's eye view of the lake, you are less than 5 minutes from a delightful beach in Silverton, and you have the privacy and peace that may not be part of your experience if you opt for accommodation close to the lake and Highway 6. And so many cool places to visit and explore: New Denver, Sandon, Idaho Peak, Valhalla Provincial Park, the numerous rails to trails...
What could have improved our stay:
- Not much. One good quality gas grill is shared amongst the units. A grill dedicated to the unit I am renting would be much more convenient. A package of information about the surrounding area: where to shop, where to dine, services, beaches, canoe and kayak rentals, hikes, attractions, farmers markets, etc. would have been helpful.
We would most certainly return to Blue Sky Resort. Thank you Karin and Bruno for a wonderful stay.