"We had a blast during our week long stay in St. Thomas at this vrbo. We decided to opt against the all-inclusive options to save money and to explore the island and get a better taste of the culture. If you are looking to literally sit on a beach and not move on your trip, this isn't your vrbo spot.
But what we liked about this choice with Jason and Dee was that we were able to really explore. We spent one day at Maegan's Bay (5-10 min drive). We spent one day at the Ritz getting massages and hanging there (10 min drive). We spent 1 day at St. John (10 min drive to ferry). We spent 1 day at Lindquist Beach (5 min drive). We spent one day at Frenchman's Reef (10 min drive). We spent a day ziplining (it was, meh.) Notice the theme? Everything is pretty convenient.
- The views each morning were awesome.
- We used the hot tub every night. It was so nice.
- Jason and Dee are SUPER friendly. Jason even helped me change a flat tire in our rental car (if you plan to explore, we recommend getting a rental vs. taxi's. It may be a tad more, but it's more convenient). They also provided great recommendations about the island and were very prompt in every response. They helped us get a good sense of the culture, too, which we liked.
- Not much here, but if I were to be nitpicky, the road noise off the house is a bit loud.
- If you want to eat every meal in and cook yourself, this is not the place to do it. We cooked a few meals, getting local fish from Fish Tales and heading to the market, but it's a tight, ill-equipped kitchen. That said, you want to eat out if you can -- We LOVED Mafolie restaurant (5 min drive) and Havana Blue.
- It's an experience getting in and out of the house property with the gate and the hill. There are no shoulders on the roads, really, so you just have to focus when you drive.
- The snorkel gear isn't the best, so plan on renting some if you really will snorkel a lot. The beach chairs and towels were great, though.
Overall, we absolutely loved our stay with Jason and Dee. We saved a lot of money going this route, had good access to the island, slept well on the nice bed, had wifi at our disposal if we needed it, etc.
Highly recommend: Maegan's Bay, Trunk Bay, hiking to Waterlemon Cay on St. John's, Annaburg Ruins, Havana Blue Restaurant, strong drinks at Fat Turtle, getting a car rental."
Guest: caleb t.
Date of Stay: January 2016
Review Submitted: January 24, 2016