"Gorgeous grounds, away from everything, and so much character. We loved it here. Also, having our first breakfast groceries taken care of, umbrellas, a bag of charcoal, and a full box of dry wood for the fire pit were very nice touches. Don't miss Nauyaca waterfalls nearby! They're truly truly amazing.
Before booking , you MUST know this is not going to be a luxury resort experience. There are no glass windows, only wooden panels that completely open, you pretty much live outside, in the heart of the jungle. One of the casitas has no walls at all, you're sleeping outside, with a roof over your head. It's very fun and romantic, but just to give you a sense of what it;s like, the swimming pool 8 feet away is the night home of 6 to 10 green frogs, 1 huge toad, and the cutest little baby boa (about 18 inches long). You can find them in and around the pool most nights. We found the boa chilling on the outdoor shower floor one evening. So if this doesn't sound like a fun adventure to you, you will not be happy here.
A couple little things you might also know beforehand:
- The beach is about 25 - 30 minutes from the house by car.
- You MUST have a 4x4 to get through the 2km of rocky paths of the main road.
- Wifi is slow. It works, but if you need to get work done, I found my cell phone 3G connection to be faster, so plan accordingly.
- It's very difficult to get anything to dry because of humidity. One towel per guest was provided, but I wish we had a few more.
- We discovered that what looked like a bookshelf between 2 doors in the main house was actually a ladder to a loft with 2 twin mattresses. Maria hadn't show that to us, or maybe I just misunderstood since I don't speak Spanish, but this was very useful since we only had one couple in our group of 6.
I would definitely come back. Amazing jungle home."
Guest: Stephane L.
Date of Stay: July 2016
Review Submitted: July 23, 2016