"Let me start by stating that we use VRBO every time we travel. We stay in condos or homes, and I usually trust the reviews of others to guide me to the right property. After looking at the pictures, we chose this condo for a variety of reasons. I give this the highest of ratings for many reasons listed below.
1. Location. The resort is on the nicest beach in all of Roatan. It is on the far end of the beach, so not in the middle of loud bars. The property has a restaurant (buffet) and palapa bar (food and drinks). Literally the prettiest resort on the island. We almost booked Grand Roatan, and after visiting, I am SO glad we chose IB. Just an overall better set up.
2. Resort itself. This place is beautiful. The pool area, gardens, beach, etc are all spectacular. All maintained beautifully. Resort employees greet you and make you feel very welcome.
3. The rooms. This unit is a one bedroom, one bathroom unit. Not to offend the owners, but their pictures simply do not do justice to their condo!!! We noted that all one bedrooms at IB are seemingly identical (same furniture, etc.). The condo was SO MUCH NICER than the pictures led us to believe! It is simply beautiful. We cooked a few breakfasts there, and the pans/dishes/etc were very adequate. The purified water (and ICE MAKER!) was such a bonus as well.
4. The owners. Owners were so easy to book with, and accommodated us when we had a slight schedule change. They gave us all information to check in timely. Such an amazing couple to deal with. Not sure how the "front desk pool" usually does with reservations, but these guys are top notch!
5. Location of room. This may be a drawback for some, but the condo is NOT right in front of the pool. It is a two minute (at most) walk through stunning gardens to get to the pool/ocean. WE LOVED THIS as it meant quiet! We could not hear the bar, the restaurant, etc. For some people, this is a problem. For us it was GREAT.
6. Second floor condo. LOVED this is on the second floor. No worries about leaving things on our balcony. Balcony roomy and had ample lighting.
7. Beach. Again, this is on the most beautiful stretch of beach. Chairs were so comfy at both beach and pool.
8. Security. Cannot say enough good about the professional security here. AMAZINGLY SAFE.
None. Simply none.
Have no worries if you are considering this condo. It is a fantastic place to enjoy, relax, rejuvenate and refresh.
Date of Stay: December 2015
Review Submitted: January 19, 2016